Trump Alone at the Top

One of the BEST movie villains of all time. Hands down.

Which is why I couldn't suspend my disbelief in his portrayal of Elrond in "Lord of the Rings". It was the same thing with Ron LIvinstone. Saw him in Office Space. Couldn't believe his role in "Band of Brothers".

Which is why I couldn't suspend my disbelief in his portrayal of Elrond in "Lord of the Rings". It was the same thing with Ron LIvinstone. Saw him in Office Space. Couldn't believe his role in "Band of Brothers".

Then don't watch Priscilla Queen of the Desert

I don't think so either.

I think the closer the real polling numbers are the more the media will cover for Clinton and attack trump. It's literally to the point of embarrassment, journalism is dead.

Why this board is so much more interested in the media than the candidates? I can hear their words, read their speeches, follow the facts. Is it that hard to filter out Fox/MSNBC bias?

The Trump and Hillary threads would be 4 pages each if we deleted all the media discussion.

Trump has a big lead over Clinton among military and vet voters: poll http://nbcnews.to/2ccsCnj

5def0b8c09ffaded7fd9b983e2bd73a9_bigger.The Washington TimesVerified account @WashTimes 2h2 hours ago

In Laos, Obama bashes Trump for being an isolationist -

Remember when politics used to stop at the water's edge?..................... Good times.

Trump's statement tonight in Greenville, NC on foreign policy. Is he wrong?

CruWttYWcAAkHD_.jpg

Why this board is so much more interested in the media than the candidates? I can hear their words, read their speeches, follow the facts. Is it that hard to filter out Fox/MSNBC bias?

The Trump and Hillary threads would be 4 pages each if we deleted all the media discussion.

Sorry you don't get the role the media plays in elections. Sure you can read the speeches and do your own homework but 99% of the people that are going to decide this election do not and get their information from the media. THAT'S why it's be talked about here.

When I typed "they", I wasn't just referring to the media. I expect a rigged election, an assassination, or at least an impeachment soon after taking office.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Sorry you don't get the role the media plays in elections. Sure you can read the speeches and do your own homework but 99% of the people that are going to decide this election do not and get their information from the media. THAT'S why it's be talked about here.

I didn't say it's not worth discussing. My point is that there is almost as much whining about liberal/conservative bias as issue discussion. And yes, my post is contributing to it.

There are 2+ presidential candidates. There is media bias.

You'll find in these threads a ton of coverage of the later and most of those discussions are posted by Captain Obvious.

I admit, I once in a while speak of media bias, because it does indeed exist. But holy ****, this board has an absolute obsession regarding media bias.

It's because, in my mind anyway, it's huge. Has been for a very long time however. It's the media that presents the candidates to the public not the candidates themselves. That's an awful lot of power to a small group.

I suspect it's much less obsessive if you ignore B-Man.

No comment

It's because, in my mind anyway, it's huge. Has been for a very long time however. It's the media that presents the candidates to the public not the candidates themselves. That's an awful lot of power to a small group.

It is. But still. Damn! :lol:

No, all I see now is the unveiling of the IPhone 7348291

Just imagine how much press that crap is getting here in SF. I have two words for that. I don't give a flying !@#$ about the new iPhone. I care less about that than I do about the Bills. .

I admit, I once in a while speak of media bias, because it does indeed exist. But holy ****, this board has an absolute obsession regarding media bias.

I won't speak for others, but I bring it up quite a bit because if the media would actually cover what was happening with Hillary, she'd be in jail. Every other day some other embarrassing stunt gets revealed, and everyone pretty much ignores it.

The head of the FBI spends 30 minutes talking about all the things she did illegally, and even went so far as to explain that if this were anyone else, they'd be going to jail, and the collective media gives a big shrug of the shoulders and it's back to talking about Donald Trump's steaks.

So yeah, I obsess with it a bit. The death of the media is pretty important as it is supposed to be the watchdog, not the cheerleading squad.

Just imagine how much press that crap is getting here in SF. I have two words for that. I don't give a flying !@#$ about the new iPhone. I care less about that than I do about the Bills. .

The number of people online sadly opining about the loss of an audio jack is embarrassing. CNN had some guy write an editorial about how not having earbug wires hanging from his ears means people will want to talk to him during the world day.

Edited by LABillzFan

I won't speak for others, but I bring it up quite a bit because if the media would actually cover what was happening with Hillary, she'd be in jail. Every other day some other embarrassing stunt gets revealed, and everyone pretty much ignores it.

The head of the FBI spends 30 minutes talking about all the things she did illegally, and even went so far as to explain that if this were anyone else, they'd be going to jail, and the collective media gives a big shrug of the shoulders and it's back to talking about Donald Trump's steaks.

So yeah, I obsess with it a bit. The death of the media is pretty important as it is supposed to be the watchdog, not the cheerleading squad.

The number of people online sadly opining about the loss of an audio jack is embarrassing. CNN had some guy write an editorial about how not having earbug wires hanging from his ears means people will want to talk to him during the world day.

You can speak for me - that's exactly how I feel about it, especially given the examples you cite. The only reason I don't bemoan media bias more frequently is because I'd just be saying the exact same thing others already are.