TNF: Packers at Lions

YoloinOhio

I turned it off when it was 17-0 at halftime. Thought Detroit was going to blow them out. Sounds like what Sammy was talking about this week after the KC game. You've got to punch back when they score and it may have been the Lions didn't. Horrible way to lose a game though. Punch in the gut like our Monday night last minute meltdowns or maybe Music City revisited.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The penalty would have been "missed" if it didn't involve a marquise team, and one of the NFL's golden boys. That's why Detroit and Buffalo are "cursed". p,s not saying it wasn't a just call, I'm just saying how it would have went down had roles been reversed.

Exactly, I like Rodgers too but him/brady/manning & maybe brees gets that call & that is about it. If it was the Bills or any of the other 25 also ran teams in the NFL game is over. Lions/Browns/Bills sure know creative ways to lose a game though don't they? I would put those 3 teams on Monday night every week. You know there is a good chance something bizarre is going to happen at the end of the game.

I didn't even watch the game last night, but I just saw the highlights. Rodgers should get an Oscar nomination for the way he sold that call. That was a FANTASTIC acting job on his part. Sucks to be a Lions fan right now.

The penalty would have been "missed" if it didn't involve a marquise team, and one of the NFL's golden boys. That's why Detroit and Buffalo are "cursed". p,s not saying it wasn't a just call, I'm just saying how it would have went down had roles been reversed.

Yup, pretty much. The face mask call was bs too. Definitely helps to be a team the league favors. I cannot even get mad about it anymore. Slowly losing interest by the week.

Exactly, I like Rodgers too but him/brady/manning & maybe brees gets that call & that is about it. If it was the Bills or any of the other 25 also ran teams in the NFL game is over. Lions/Browns/Bills sure know creative ways to lose a game though don't they? I would put those 3 teams on Monday night every week. You know there is a good chance something bizarre is going to happen at the end of the game.

You whiners are missing the point. In real time, without the benefit of a slo-mo replay, that is a no-brainer call. Rodgers' head whipped around. That call would have been made regardless of the QB playing, and the bottom line is the defender's fingers did grab the mask for a split second.

The last play of the game, however, was classic LOLions.

That call would have been made regardless of the QB playing, and the bottom line is the defender's fingers did grab the mask for a split second.

Umm, the way I saw it, in HDTV mind you, was that his hand brushed across the facemask for a split-second, but at no time did any fingers grab on to the facemask.

And, yeah, the Hail Mary was definitely a blown defensive coverage by the Lions. They had all 5 of their guys behind the play, and no one in front of the group. ALL coaches, both college & NFL should use this play going forward as an example of how not to cover "Hail Marys." Obviously, you have to have someone IN FRONT of the pack. And oh btw, I didn't notice, but was Megatron out there for that play? If not, he should have been.

Umm, the way I saw it, in HDTV mind you, was that his hand brushed across the facemask for a split-second, but at no time did any fingers grab on to the facemask.

And, yeah, the Hail Mary was definitely a blown defensive coverage by the Lions. They had all 5 of their guys behind the play, and no one in front of the group. ALL coaches, both college & NFL should use this play going forward as an example of how not to cover "Hail Marys." Obviously, you have to have someone IN FRONT of the pack. And oh btw, I didn't notice, but was Megatron out there for that play? If not, he should have been.

golden Tate said after the game that whenever they practice defending the Hail Mary play, Calvin Johnson is back there. But he wasn't last night. Wonder why.

golden Tate said after the game that whenever they practice defending the Hail Mary play, Calvin Johnson is back there. But he wasn't last night. Wonder why.

Caldwell said they were expecting a lateral play. Still, awful defense.

Caldwell said they were expecting a lateral play. Still, awful defense.

it looked like they were protecting the area of the field where the FG range would be. They had two defenders there. But I wondered why they did that because there was 0:00 time left. They wouldn't have had time to kick a FG if they just tried get to that yard line. Expecting a lateral makes more sense. Edited by YoloinOhio

You whiners are missing the point. In real time, without the benefit of a slo-mo replay, that is a no-brainer call. Rodgers' head whipped around. That call would have been made regardless of the QB playing, and the bottom line is the defender's fingers did grab the mask for a split second.

Also - I believe the flag came from the ref behind Rodgers. From that vantage point it definitely would have looked like an obvious face mask.

I can see why the penalty was called, even though it sucks for the Lions. That's just how it goes.

There really is no excuse for the way they defended the final play.

I know that it was discussed on the board at the time, but when Watkins got called out of bounds in the Patriots game with 2 seconds left, we missed the hail mary try at the end. I know many said that it would not matter and that we wouldn't complete that pass, but it happened last night from even further away. Granted the QB was Aaron Rodgers, but you never know with these things. That game firmly put the Pack in the playoffs. A win that night has us at 6-5 with another AFC win, maybe with the momentum to beat KC last week. The Pack might not have even earned that hail mary opportunity - debatable call at the end. We absolutely did.

I know that it was discussed on the board at the time, but when Watkins got called out of bounds in the Patriots game with 2 seconds left, we missed the hail mary try at the end. I know many said that it would not matter and that we wouldn't complete that pass, but it happened last night from even further away. Granted the QB was Aaron Rodgers, but you never know with these things. That game firmly put the Pack in the playoffs. A win that night has us at 6-5 with another AFC win, maybe with the momentum to beat KC last week. The Pack might not have even earned that hail mary opportunity - debatable call at the end. We absolutely did.

Including the head of the referees, Dean Blandino. Haha :wallbash:

Well, Dean, as we saw last night, that's not always true.

I can see why the penalty was called, even though it sucks for the Lions. That's just how it goes.

There really is no excuse for the way they defended the final play.

Rogers sold it well, and all the red would have seen is a hand up near the face and a head turn, but from the front that should never be called a facemask and that would never be called on over 3/4 of the QBs in the league.

The problem most fans are having with the lesbians the NFL isn't the calls, it's the inconsistency of the calls where the elite NFL poster boys get a call that would never be given to anyone else. Does anyone really think if the team were reversed last night and that was Stafford instead of Rogers that he would have gotten the same call?

. Does anyone really think if the team were reversed last night and that was Stafford instead of Rogers that he would have gotten the same call?

Yes, I do. It was a weird play, and the snapping of the head around would have elicited a flag for any QB in the league.