Who else is still pissed off!

Sound off merry gentlemen. Who else here is still pissed off at this team a day later. Most Bills defeats go away by the end of Sunday, at least by Monday night, but here it is Tuesday night and I'm still feeling this one.

Maybe it's because I am getting old and have been a fan over 40 years and it's finally starting to wear thin.

Every year I drink the f'kin kool aide like it's water in a desert. But this year felt different. I really thought Rex would improve a good team that Marrone couldn't take to the promised land.

Granted Marrone had his shortcomings and his offense was horrific for a better part of his tenure, but damn this defense was really good last year.

I never would have believed Rex with his pedigree and experience would f'k it up so bad that teams would run on us at will and that we couldn't bring the heat when needed.

I honestly thought Shady, Williams, Harvin, Clay, and Sammy would make a difference and that adequate QB play would get us 11-12 wins. The truly sad part is that we have the talent to win out and go 10-6 and make the playoffs, but that probably won't happen.

I can see Houston sucking the life out of this team and a loss to Washington. If the Jets are on a roll, the Bills will lay down and finish 7-9.

Will that get Rex fired. Damn well should. Then we get to do this **** all over again next year. What really sucks is that my sadistic Bills blood will still sit through another year of **** football.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a talented roster, it takes time for a new coaching staff to get settled in. You can see the relationship between scheme and players improve over the course of the year although its in fits and starts — defense last week against NE, offense this week, at least in the first half. They have a favorable stretch of opponents to end the season. I'm interested to see how they respond.

I'm still twisted pissed about losing to Jacksonville. I think Houston beats us, Rex loses the teams' trust, and the fans lose their patience. I'd like us to win out, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl but I just don't see it happening this year or with this coaching staff. :bag:

Jax pissed me off. Not beating the Pats and stopping their streak when it was easily there for the taking really pissed me off. The Chiefs game has just deflated me. Can't say that I honestly expected a different outcome. Of course as the op at the start I sure as hell did.

I hear ya, OP. I've been a fan for their entire existence and am ever the kool-aid drinker. That we're at least equal in talent to the Giants & Pats* and Better than KC, Jax makes this all-too-familiar disgust even harder to accept.

I'm not the superstitious sort, but there almost HAS to be something else at work here..

If we lose Sunday, my angst will turn from disgust to open mockery -of myself, for being a sap.

I am still really pissed off- plenty of venom at the coaching staff but mainly still furious at the league. Officiating is awful. Around the League. Cardinals win and Arians is fuming. MNF does a bit on it last night. Not good enough. MNF still kissing the hind end of the NFL with it's puff piece.

It is awful. It is making the games unwatchable because it is so inconsistent. Phantom calls. No calls. It's a catch. It's not a catch. He's down. He's not down. It's a first. it's not a first. DO YOUR EFFING JOBS!! GET AN EFFING CLUE!!!

As Arians said--- it is FUBAR!!! GET IT FIXED NFL!

Edited by racecitybills

I am with you 100 % brother. After reading yesterday that the team chaplain is advising Rex on when to throw the red flag I have lost all faith in this staff. You can't make this crap up. This staff is a total joke. Makes you wonder what other crazy stuff is going on. WOW

I'm still twisted pissed about losing to Jacksonville. I think Houston beats us, Rex loses the teams' trust, and the fans lose their patience. I'd like us to win out, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl but I just don't see it happening this year or with this coaching staff. :bag:

Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Jacksonville. BTW they too are 5-6.

Please add these to that list of games we should be pissed the Bills lost NY Giants @ 5-6, and KC now @ 6-5 . And throw in MNF against the Cheatriots.

As to Rex losing the teams trust. Honestly that IMO is so far from the truth its funny.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I can see Houston sucking the life out of this team and a loss to Washington. If the Jets are on a roll, the Bills will lay down and finish 7-9.

Houston has what I consider to be a poor to average at best offense. That said, I am more afraid of that offense torching us than I am of JJ Watt and their defense. This is how much Rex has destroyed our once great defensive unit.

That is pretty sad whereas JJ is a one man wrecking crew, and easily the best player in the NFL who isn't a qb.

My Bills fanaticism is rapidly wearing off, finally. I find it better mentally to let it go. Seriously. Last Monday night, I went up to bed at halftime and watched the history channel. I was certain they would lose so I decided against wasting the time and energy and emotion. I never clicked over once and didn't check until the morning. And you know what? I was fine, I didn't watch it, so it didn't grate on me. I posted in a thread this past week they'd lose to a game-manager and back-up running back a la the last game of the 2004 season when Tommy Maddox and Willie Parker and the rest of the backup Steelers came to town and owned this team in a game that could have put them in the playoffs (if I recall correctly).

I guess it's the long streak of futility coupled with a league I just can't stand. I can't stand the owners, I can't stand the greed, I can't stand the attempt at world domination and putting a team in London, I can't stand the constant threats by billionaires to move teams when local governments won't cough up public funds to support private profit, I can't stand the Greg Hardy's of the league, I can't stand what was 3 hours of my Sunday being extended to 3.5 to jam more commercials down my throat, I can't stand the constant rule changes and the disregard for the league's history and legacy (the PAT rule is a joke).... and on and on.

I'm a season ticket holder and I can't stand meaningless December games. I cobbled all my money together from my summer job during the super bowl years to afford season tickets... when I was a senior in high school. And I'm not wasting 8 hours Sunday going. I'm trying to sell my seats to some of the guys around me or more likely have to take a loss on Craigslist. Bill Burr talked about letting go of religion being like letting go of the stone in curling.... you slowly release it and watch it go away. I'm getting there with the Bills and the NFL. Put a dome stadium here, I'm out. It'll suddenly turn into a Sabres game with high priced seats that cater to the wealthy who won't sit outside. That'll be it if it doesn't happen sooner.

My Bills fanaticism is rapidly wearing off, finally. I find it better mentally to let it go. Seriously. Last Monday night, I went up to bed at halftime and watched the history channel. I was certain they would lose so I decided against wasting the time and energy and emotion. I never clicked over once and didn't check until the morning. And you know what? I was fine, I didn't watch it, so it didn't grate on me. I posted in a thread this past week they'd lose to a game-manager and back-up running back a la the last game of the 2004 season when Tommy Maddox and Willie Parker and the rest of the backup Steelers came to town and owned this team in a game that could have put them in the playoffs (if I recall correctly).

I guess it's the long streak of futility coupled with a league I just can't stand. I can't stand the owners, I can't stand the greed, I can't stand the attempt at world domination and putting a team in London, I can't stand the constant threats by billionaires to move teams when local governments won't cough up public funds to support private profit, I can't stand the Greg Hardy's of the league, I can't stand what was 3 hours of my Sunday being extended to 3.5 to jam more commercials down my throat, I can't stand the constant rule changes and the disregard for the league's history and legacy (the PAT rule is a joke).... and on and on.

I'm a season ticket holder and I can't stand meaningless December games. I cobbled all my money together from my summer job during the super bowl years to afford season tickets... when I was a senior in high school. And I'm not wasting 8 hours Sunday going. I'm trying to sell my seats to some of the guys around me or more likely have to take a loss on Craigslist. Bill Burr talked about letting go of religion being like letting go of the stone in curling.... you slowly release it and watch it go away. I'm getting there with the Bills and the NFL. Put a dome stadium here, I'm out. It'll suddenly turn into a Sabres game with high priced seats that cater to the wealthy who won't sit outside. That'll be it if it doesn't happen sooner.

Great post. Love the Burr reference.

Sound off merry gentlemen. Who else here is still pissed off at this team a day later. Most Bills defeats go away by the end of Sunday, at least by Monday night, but here it is Tuesday night and I'm still feeling this one.

Maybe it's because I am getting old and have been a fan over 40 years and it's finally starting to wear thin.

I would love to be still pissed off a day later because that would mean I still had expectations and excitement about this team. I'm rather ashamed of myself as a fan, but the truth is I rather gave up on the team with what I thought to be very questionable coaching earlier in the season, and at this point I'm singing Pink Floyd: "I.....have become....comfortably numb". I'm not sure when I stopped - I guess when I felt EJ was a scapegoat for some questionable coaching decisions and "soft" defense during the Jax loss in London, that was a "Strike 3" to me. The first Pats game was "Strike 1" and the Giants loss "Strike 2".

I refuse to admit to "getting old" but I've been a Bills fan since the mid-60s watching with my grandfather. Sh*# that's 50 years. So I've seen some bad bad teams and this isn't the worst by a long shot, but it may be the biggest letdown because I felt with the talent we have and what (on paper) should have been an improved coaching staff, we could really make a move this seasn.

Anyway, I'm still watching the games but on condensed and coach's film after the fact. I do legitimately have family stuff to do on Sundays, but if I believed, I would work things out and move things around and watch anyway or at least sneak peeks.

Tuesday am and I'm still PO'd. $5M/yr and doesn't have a workable dispute process in game 11 ? The KC loss was on Ryan alone and if he had an ounce of integrity he would resign in shame.

I don't know what I'll do on Sunday, but I will be trying not to watch the Buffalo Bills.

Every year I give the season a chance and I can always tell what type of team we will have by mid October.

So I am not pissed at all.I fully expect this type of season at this point so emotionally I'm no longer involved. I just eat my popcorn and enjoy the comedy that is the Bills franchise

Houston has what I consider to be a poor to average at best offense. That said, I am more afraid of that offense torching us than I am of JJ Watt and their defense. This is how much Rex has destroyed our once great defensive unit.

That is pretty sad whereas JJ is a one man wrecking crew, and easily the best player in the NFL who isn't a qb.

I posted this link on another thread. It is an ominous portending of what could happen the longer Rex is involved. Heaven forbid he is given more authority on personnel. Didn't anyone know of the basic concept of doing one's "due diligence" before making an important hire?

The reality is that the Jets are a better team without him as a head coach and we are a worse team with him as a head coach. When you hire a huckster you get a huckster!

The link is twelve minutes long but all you have to listen to is a couple of minutes before walking away and saying WTF!

I had to chuckle when I read that you changed the channel. At halftime I told my wife this would be a good time to turn off the game because bad **** is about to happen and it did. I need to be more like you a lot easier on the old heart.