Rex Blaming Lack of Key Challenges on Arrowhead Operations

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F$*# him and his excuses. So we get faulty headsets, bad batteries, broken bus, poor replays, what else? Just man up and say I was once again out couched. I took a top 5 defense and made it average. This team is full of nothing but excuses.

The Maclin play was obvious immediately as was the Hogan catch. What was classic was Watkins made that challenged catch on the sideline and of course they allowed plenty of time for Reid to challenge. That was a 50/50 call.

Manning & Elway would have run the next play to ensure no time for a challenge.

Rex on ball spot challenge & calls that merited challenges

Bills head coach Rex Ryan had his share of calls on the field to challenge in the loss to the Chiefs Sunday. The spot of the ball for a first down on an Alex Smith scramble, the Chris Hogan reception that was ruled incomplete in the fourth quarter and the Jeremy Maclin 37-yard catch where the ball appeared to make contact with the ground. Here was his take on the Taylor fourth down carry and spot of the ball and the other plays.

“Obviously you lean on the guys up top when they’re showing the video. They weren’t showing the video on the screen for some reason, so you lean on them,” said Ryan. “Sometimes you take chances. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t. At the end of the game, that was my decision 100 percent to challenge it. [i challenged it] for the simple fact that I thought it was, game on the line, it was close. I knew it was close whether Tyrod was in or out. It looked like he was inbounds. I wasn’t sure where the ball was, but at that time, they weren’t exactly showing it on there, so I had to take my chance, and that was my call all the way.”