Rex Blaming Lack of Key Challenges on Arrowhead Operations

26CornerBlitz

If I am Terry Pugula I am not putting up with this nonsense anymore. I would suspend Rex for 1 week he would have to stay home away from the stadium. Roman would run the team. This is a Billion dollar franchise. If there is not a HD TV in the Bills both with the CBS feed then this is a problem. I don't care if you got to send a equipment manager down to the local Walmart in Kanas City and buy a TV for use in the booth. Don't depend on or count on the local team to put replays up. This is not that hard and it's should be a priority. These games are too important to be working in the blind. If there was someone in the booth and they did have the CBS feed and did not tell Rex then this guy should be fired. There needs to be someone in the booth or someone, some where with direct communication to Rex to let him know what is going on and when to challenge. If I can sit at home and see this and know what the right thing to do is. Then it is really inexcusable that the Bills can't do this. The person who is watching the local CBS feed like we are at home will have a important job and this should be his only job. Do you think the patriots leave it to chance that the local team will give them the replays. So if I'm Terry Pugula I want a investigation on what really happened.

We are losing games because of game mismanagement that can easily be corrected.

Rex should be suspended to make him learn a lesson on his total cluster he is running. Maybe a suspension will make him realize that he needs to do a better job. Other things that bother me concerning game preparation are not practicing in practice each week how to hurry to the line of scrimmage to get a play off that was close and it might get a red flag by the other coach. This is about attention to detail also Why Tyrod has to get plays from the sidelines and wait for them while there in a 2 minute drill. Again WTF are we doing all week during practice. Is Tyrod incapable

of calling his own plays and running the offense with out getting plays from the side lines. Again this is called game preparation. I see so much that is wrong and it all starts with Rex. Maybe a 1 game suspension with pay and Rex takes a step back from it all will make him realize he can do a better job. These things I just mentioned need to be brought up and discussed with Rex and to make him realize he can do a better job. Some times being called out and suspended can have a positive effect. I like Rex the man, but what I don't like is what he is allowing to happen. If I'm Terry Pugula that's what I would be doing on this Monday morning.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this times infinity....the officials need to get the calls right, the coaches have every other aspect of the game they are responsible for going past them at warp speed, they need to have focus on every aspect of the game they can control. officials making ****ty calls should not be part of the coaching staffs responsibilites(sp?) the officiating has been horrendous for both buffalo and their opponents. The league needs to focus on the job of the officials!

Hang on Girls. It is not Rex's job to officiate the game. It is the NFL's job through it's officials. They are a complete embarrassment. You cannot challenge every play they screw up. We will again see a letter or statement form the NFL acknowledging "errors" made in the game. Week after week.

Rex and his staff did plenty to screw this game up. The refs were horrendous. again. again. again.

this times infinity....the officials need to get the calls right, the coaches have every other aspect of the game they are responsible for going past them at warp speed, they need to have focus on every aspect of the game they can control. officials making ****ty calls should not be part of the coaching staffs responsibilites(sp?) the officiating has been horrendous for both buffalo and their opponents. The league needs to focus on the job of the officials!

Not directed at you Pooj...

I am sick of hearing this rhetoric, it isn't just the Bills who get screwed by bad calls. It is fairly even; good teams make the plays to win the game. We had the plays there to beat the Pats*, but couldn't make them. Same thing yesterday, we made plays in the first half, but then they made a few plays, we should have challenged and didn't - even in the old NFL that could have been missed (like Beebe stepping out of bounds in the comeback game); things get missed. Calling that play back could have kept us rolling by killing their momentum. Most likely they still would have made some noise, unless our D shut them down (which wasn't going to happen with our game plan). Every team gets a bad calls (okay maybe not the Cheats*), but the good ones overcome it, the bad ones use it as a crutch ad nauseam.

Our problem was all coaching related. It was an awful game plan, with 3 of their OL starters knocked from the game we didn't blitz; we played the soft crap D that the pats* shredded us with in our first match-up this year. Good teams play to their strengths, when the opponent takes away your primary, you are ready and able to move to the next target and so on. Our D, whether Rex likes it or not was constructed to play a certain style of D that was fairly effective for the past 2 seasons. Instead we will scheme and adjust to our opponent - good so you rush 3 and put 8 into coverage against a QB who doesn't throw to WRs - not too smart. Our offense moved into conservative mode, don't turn the ball over only take what they give - this is what happens when you do that - you lose. We don't play to win the game; we play to limit mistakes and only take what is there for us. This is our culture, this is the team's psyche; this is who we will be until coaching starts to change the culture and the message.

People complain that all be solved with a franchise QB; that helps to a degree (I doubt we could get one to develop and our coaches would tie his hands anyways), but we will never be in a position to get one. Good enough to not get a top 2 pick, but bad enough to never make the playoffs (not like we would do anything anyways). We hire coaches with the same type of philosophies when it comes to game management, we play not to lose, we don't play to win. A frachise QB won't all of a sudden allow a play not to lose coach to shed his skin and change. All of our coaches this century are play not to lose type coaches. You won't get anywhere with that mindset. Rex is the same.

The moral of the story, ref's blow calls all the time good coaches are able to get the most out of their teams to overcome it. Poorly coached teams never overcome it and the calls become the crutch.

If I am Terry Pugula I am not putting up with this nonsense anymore. I would suspend Rex for 1 week he would have to stay home away from the stadium. Roman would run the team. This is a Billion dollar franchise. If there is not a HD TV in the Bills both with the CBS feed then this is a problem. I don't care if you got to send a equipment manager down to the local Walmart in Kanas City and buy a TV for use in the booth. Don't depend on or count on the local team to put replays up. This is not that hard and it's should be a priority. These games are too important to be working in the blind. If there was someone in the booth and they did have the CBS feed and did not tell Rex then this guy should be fired. There needs to be someone in the booth or someone, some where with direct communication to Rex to let him know what is going on and when to challenge. If I can sit at home and see this and know what the right thing to do is. Then it is really inexcusable that the Bills can't do this. The person who is watching the local CBS feed like we are at home will have a important job and this should be his only job. Do you think the patriots leave it to chance that the local team will give them the replays. So if I'm Terry Pugula I want a investigation on what really happened.

We are losing games because of game mismanagement that can easily be corrected.

Rex should be suspended to make him learn a lesson on his total cluster he is running. Maybe a suspension will make him realize that he needs to do a better job. Other things that bother me concerning game preparation are not practicing in practice each week how to hurry to the line of scrimmage to get a play off that was close and it might get a red flag by the other coach. This is about attention to detail also Why Tyrod has to get plays from the sidelines and wait for them while there in a 2 minute drill. Again WTF are we doing all week during practice. Is Tyrod incapable

of calling his own plays and running the offense with out getting plays from the side lines. Again this is called game preparation. I see so much that is wrong and it all starts with Rex. Maybe a 1 game suspension with pay and Rex takes a step back from it all will make him realize he can do a better job. These things I just mentioned need to be brought up and discussed with Rex and to make him realize he can do a better job. Some times being called out and suspended can have a positive effect. I like Rex the man, but what I don't like is what he is allowing to happen. If I'm Terry Pugula that's what I would be doing on this Monday morning.

Why do people keep spouting crap that they know is not going to happen?

It's a 40 yard completion that looked 50/50 at best when caught. The first thing your thinking is whether it is a catch or not. You have the official's attention and the attention flag out.

WGR is claiming the first CBS replay was with 15 seconds on the play clock and it was snapped with 11. You have to be ready.

Edited by Billsfan1972

How long has it been since we had a coach with "situational awareness"?

As much as I hate the Cheats**** and Bellicheat****; they are the best in this regard. They may cheat to know the plays, but damn it the are aware of each situation and what the correct call is; every time.

In a league with as much parity as there is and the frequent hiring and firing of coaches; this stability and honestly knowing how to coach is a huge leg up on everyone else.

When you are at the top of the food chain, you are responsible for the system that everyone works in. As an HC you are the "situational awareness" guy; you don't call F'ing plays; every play! You need to watch the plays and know what is going on with your team. Given how atrocious the officiating is; it is inexcusable for him to not have a working communication system with the "guy" in the booth. Shifting the blame to others for something that is a core job responsibility of his, shows that he is a charlatan...

Agreed - The Pats* are expert in knowing when to use challenges and when they need to avoid having another team challenge. The catch that Sammy made where KC challenged, I was screaming at them to hurry to the line and run a play so KC couldn't throw the flag - that's exactly what Brady does in that situation to make sure a catch can't be ruled incomplete. What to the Bills do? Go into the huddle and as they break the flag comes out - luckily the replay went Buffalo's way.

As for not seeing replays on the scoreboard, what do you expect? All teams do that - show replays helpful to the home team and not show them if they would help the visitor - it's part of having home field advantage. There should be absolutely no excuse for not seeing the replays needed for making a challenge - if we see it at home the coaches should see it as well. Hell, if we have to we can do a gofundme to buy the Bills a Sunday Ticket Max subscription so they can watch on their phones/tablet from anywhere (probably get it for a prorated price now that we are to week 13).

Agreed - The Pats* are expert in knowing when to use challenges and when they need to avoid having another team challenge. The catch that Sammy made where KC challenged, I was screaming at them to hurry to the line and run a play so KC couldn't throw the flag - that's exactly what Brady does in that situation to make sure a catch can't be ruled incomplete. What to the Bills do? Go into the huddle and as they break the flag comes out - luckily the replay went Buffalo's way.

As for not seeing replays on the scoreboard, what do you expect? All teams do that - show replays helpful to the home team and not show them if they would help the visitor - it's part of having home field advantage. There should be absolutely no excuse for not seeing the replays needed for making a challenge - if we see it at home the coaches should see it as well. Hell, if we have to we can do a gofundme to buy the Bills a Sunday Ticket Max subscription so they can watch on their phones/tablet from anywhere (probably get it for a prorated price now that we are to week 13).

Coaching Matters....

We shouldn't have to do a gofundme; with our savings from the Jills, we should be able to afford that...

@SalSports

The @ChrisHogan_15 "no catch" from 2 angles (1 slow). He got BOTH feet down TWICE! This is a problem, @DeanBlandino!

I'm actually of the belief that the reverse angle shows the ball coming out as he's taking his second step, making the call/the challenge WAY less cut and dry than every one wants to believe.

I also had zero issue with the OBJ non-catch against NE and the Dez incompletion last year in the Division game against Green Bay.

I'm actually of the belief that the reverse angle shows the ball coming out as he's taking his second step, making the call/the challenge WAY less cut and dry than every one wants to believe.

I also had zero issue with the OBJ non-catch against NE and the Dez incompletion last year in the Division game against Green Bay.

I'm sure he makes bank, but Dean Blandino's job sucks.

hmmmmm....that first clip clearly shows the ball squirting out....that is the first instance of that, i mean that is almost a blatant drop/fumble, are we sure that clip isn't photoshopped somehow?

I'm sure he makes bank, but Dean Blandino's job sucks.

I think I could trade 'bank' for angry tweets.

hmmmmm....that first clip clearly shows the ball squirting out....that is the first instance of that, i mean that is almost a blatant drop/fumble, are we sure that clip isn't photoshopped somehow?

Ha, pretty sure.

But it's not so clear that it definitely WAS a catch, is it?

No, not at all...and I was extremely vocal that it was 100% a catch and was ready to fire the officials on the spot over it....yikes.....

I think I could trade 'bank' for angry tweets.

Ha, pretty sure.

But it's not so clear that it definitely WAS a catch, is it?

I agree, and I'm changing my mind - that is not going to be overturned, at least according to today's interpretation of the rule.

No, not at all...and I was extremely vocal that it was 100% a catch and was ready to fire the officials on the spot over it....yikes.....

Same here, Pooj - I have changed my mind on this one.

in my defense, i was drinking while watching the game....i guess it's a good thing to leave the coaching to the 'experts' and not to the drunks, like me

I agree, and I'm changing my mind - that is not going to be overturned, at least according to today's interpretation of the rule.

Same here, Pooj - I have changed my mind on this one.