Bills at Chiefs 2nd half thread

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In Rex's defense on those challenges - he's relying on info from people in the booth and on the field who allegedly saw the play with competent info on whether to challenge. Idiots like Woods swearing that for sure he caught a ball that wasn't close are not helping him. I'm sure on the play in the first half he was waiting for some word from the booth that just never came - there's no way he could see it himself 50 yds down the field. The delay on showing the replay didnt help

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The criteria for challenging a replay can't be just whether you will get a reversal. The situation in the game has to come into play. You challenge the Maclin throw BECAUSE IT'S A HUGE PLAY! You don't care about whether you will be successful, you need a TO there anyway to set your defense. You don't challenge the Woods play or that stupid Jets play where the ball hit the ground on a 9-yard gain. It didn't matter if Woods caught it, YOU DON'T CHALLENGE THERE!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The criteria for challenging a replay can't be just whether you will get a reversal. The situation in the game has to come into play. You challenge the Maclin throw BECAUSE IT'S A HUGE PLAY! You don't care about whether you will be successful, you need a TO there anyway to set your defense. You don't challenge the Woods play or that stupid Jets play where the ball hit the ground on a 9-yard gain. It didn't matter if Woods caught it, YOU DON'T CHALLENGE THERE!

Great Analysis.