One Year Ago Today We Saved a Bills Legend

It was one year ago today that I started the Go Fund Me for Darryl Talley and many of you supported it with your wallets and your hearts. We raised $153,000.

When the fund began Darryl was broke and broken and was suicidal. Today, he is a new man with a new outlook on life and is working for the Bills as a team ambassador.

When I sat down with him earlier this year he told me in no uncertain terms that the outpouring from the fans and the money given to get him out of the hole he was in saved his life.

Thank you to everyone that participated. You made a huge difference in Darryl's life. We all gave a little so that, collectively, we gave a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving (you're the best damn fans on the planet).

post-2416-0-02830900-1448540554_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

It was one year ago today that I started the Go Fund Me for Darryl Talley and many of you supported it with your wallets and your hearts. We raised $153,000 dollars.

When the fund began Darryl was broke and broken and was suicidal. Today, he is a new man with a new outlook on life and is working for the Bills as a team ambassador.

When I sat down with him earlier this year he told me in no uncertain terms that the outpouring from the fans and the money given to get him out of the hole he was in saved his life.

Thank you to everyone that participated. You made a huge difference in Darryl's life. We all gave a little so that, collectively, we gave a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving (you're the best damn fans on the planet).

image.jpg

Happy thanksgiving!

That whole story always struck me as a bit of an oddity.

A very nice gesture by the OP. Private charity is a wonderful thing.

It was a bit odd for fans, many of which have earned many many many times less money than Darryl Talley, in their own careers to ship money over to a man who himself admitted he was rather wreckless with his money and investments.

But I don't want to come off as sounding too negative, after all, like I said earlier, private charity is a great thing, and the OP's idea to raise the money was a very kind and generous deed. Props to him.

You just hope the lessons were learned by the guy who needed the help, and he uses/used the funds in a productive manner, because you probably don't get as much sympathy if the story rewrites itself again.

That whole story always struck me as a bit of an oddity.

A very nice gesture by the OP. Private charity is a wonderful thing.

It was a bit odd for fans, many of which have earned many many many times less money than Darryl Talley, in their own careers to ship money over to a man who himself admitted he was rather wreckless with his money and investments.

But I don't want to come off as sounding too negative, after all, like I said earlier, private charity is a great thing, and the OP's idea to raise the money was a very kind and generous deed. Props to him.

You just hope the lessons were learned by the guy who needed the help, and he uses/used the funds in a productive manner, because you probably don't get as much sympathy if the story rewrites itself again.

This was discussed many times throughout the fundraiser. I would respectfully say this isn't the thread for this - especially on Thanskgiving.

We all chose to spend to help a man in need. Thanks to CVM for making it happen.

Frank, you made this happen. Thanks so much for taking the initiative.

Tim Graham also deserves credit for a really good piece of journalism. It was tough to read about someone we all considered a warrior, a man who gave literally everything he had to us, fall upon hard times. I'd like to think any fan base would respond this way...but Bills fans are unique, passionate, giving, loyal to an extreme.

Happy Thanksgiving..may we all find something else to share our time and treasure with this Thanksgiving.

Frank, you made this happen. Thanks so much for taking the initiative.

Tim Graham also deserves credit for a really good piece of journalism. It was tough to read about someone we all considered a warrior, a man who gave literally everything he had to us, fall upon hard times. I'd like to think any fan base would respond this way...but Bills fans are unique, passionate, giving, loyal to an extreme.

Happy Thanksgiving..may we all find something else to share our time and treasure with this Thanksgiving.

I have to agree. As much as those words taste like vinegar I have to give credit to Tim.

That was a really good article

CBF