How good is Rambo?

johnwalter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not rhetorical, for those who understand safety play, how good is Rambo?

He kinda sucks.

I swear he almost killed Darby again. but he did have a good day!

Better than Duke and McFumbles so leave it at that.

what did leodis do wrong today?

Duke should remain on special teams

He's not particularly good but compared to the alternative...

which is ?

LOL!

Plays with passion, and more under control than at the beginning of the year. Certainly a great waiver wire pick up. Another strong Whaley move.

He is reigning it in, but like Ron Brooks i was just waiting for the flag.

He kinda sucks.

I swear he almost killed Darby again. but he did have a good day!

what did leodis do wrong today?

Duke should remain on special teams

which is ?

LOL!

There is no alternative to Rambo.

He is phenomenal and one of the great finds by the FO. Far surpasses the play of any backup safety in the league.

Rambo is a wrecking machine. Reminds me of Doug Plank the Chicago Safety in the late 70s and early 80s. He hurt many opponents and some team mates.

lol! thats our boy Bacarri to a t

i remember wanting to draft him and then name a drink after him. bacardi rambo. who could possibly say no to? ^^

yes. we could light him on fire and call him 151

he's an underdog and a good one. easy to like. but big runners carry him too often. he blows receivers up but seems to get beat up by TE's and horse rbi's.

he aint not big enough to play the box. aint smart enough to run. but he is ours just the same

Can you elaborate why he's not particularly good? Are there specific examples that show this?

I won't on today's game as safety play on a tv feed is tough outside of big plays (good and bad).

I'll say the commentary I made a few weeks ago was because he's somewhere between a risk taker on his best days (not a bad quality) and undisciplined many weeks.

When a guy flashes through plays regularly out of control sometimes he will knock a ball loose or get his hands on some-- but he will likewise be out of position, or when in the play have bad angles, penalties, or crush his teammates regularly.

He's better than duke and maybe he learns the risk reward balance better with time- but as of now he's an ok backup safety - not a good starting safety. No shame in that.

It is a good question. He has a knack for making big plays, but how good is he overall? Need someone who looks at the all-22 to answer.

Interestingly, I was saying to myself at the end of the game, " Rambo needs to make a play." He def has that rep, but it would be great to have someone provide an overall assessment of his game.

I love his knack for game changing plays. For the number of snaps he's had, it's very impressive.

From his 2 picks of Rodgers last year to his three turnover showing against the Jets, the dude is a game changer.

On one long run today he struggled a bit to make the tackle because he's such a hawk he went for the ball first and the runner kept moving his legs, probably gained 8 more yards than he should have. It worked on Chris Ivory though, probably the first and last time a safety has every ripped the ball out of his hands before.

I'll have another Bacardi Rambo.....