NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

One other thing-- I bet GS loses a lot of its casual

Fans. Everyone loves seeing curry and klay light it up. Now, I think folks will root for that team to lose in the same way people hated the Lebron Heat team.

I know I will be pulling for every other team in the west over GS now. I don't want to see some dream team win it.

To my prior point:

http://theundefeated.com/features/kevin-durant-makes-golden-state-the-evil-empire/

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing-- I bet GS loses a lot of its casual

Fans. Everyone loves seeing curry and klay light it up. Now, I think folks will root for that team to lose in the same way people hated the Lebron Heat team.

I know I will be pulling for every other team in the west over GS now. I don't want to see some dream team win it.

Even Ryan's and my Mavs?

He will be the #1 option he's 6'11 and cash from everywhere. Klay and Draymond will be wide open and shoot 80% geez

The NBA is amazing, it's blowing up. Great players can do whatever they want

The queen James did this 2x and the big 3 Celtics started this trend.

It's more common to see this team stacking now because of the structure of free agency but the NBA has always been loaded with teams who would "like" to win but aren't committed to it..........which makes it easier for the top teams to get better at their expense.

I'd compare the Durant-to-GS situation to when the Sixers got Moses Malone.........they were already thisclose to winning a title and then they added the league's most dominant big man.

I hated that because I was a Magic Johnson fan.......but I love the Durantula going to GS......that team is just fun to watch........and the bar they are constantly raising for deep shooting is stirring interest in basketball from kids who were once discouraged by the perception that you need to be 6'8' to be any good at it.

Let them be evil.........I just want to see these guys go off. I hope Lebron gets himself an extra piece too........and not D Wade he's way over-the-hill.

Let them be evil.........I just want to see these guys go off. I hope Lebron gets himself an extra piece too........and not D Wade he's way over-the-hill.

Agree. No ones crying when the Yankees and Sox do it. Can't wait to watch the Warriors and a healthy curry blow everyone but my Mavericks out of the water.

Agree. No ones crying when the Yankees and Sox do it. Can't wait to watch the Warriors and a healthy curry blow everyone but my Mavericks out of the water.

:lol: Yeah, I never heard one thing about the Yanks buying championships

Great article on why Durant left. Basically tired of being a leader of a team and wanted to be just a cog.

That's an interesting take away from that totally speculative piece.

A cog, just like James w the Heat?

#gimmeabreak

Great article on why Durant left. Basically tired of being a leader of a team and wanted to be just a cog.

@royceyoung

A year ago, Kevin Durant was saying he was going to re-sign with the Thunder. Now he's a Warrior. What changed?:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16791990/nba-changes-led-kevin-durant-departure-oklahoma-city-thunder

I don't think that's the best takeaway from that story.

OKC had peaked, and the peak wasn't good enough. Durant wants to win. He was also fed up with Westbrook's inconsistent play. Brooks couldn't fix it, and Donavon couldn't fix it.

People want to hate Durant for making this decision, but it's not Durant that's broken it's the NBA. There's no way that 2 teams should be able to start 30% of the league's top 20 stars. They dropped the ball back in 2011, and will either have to live with a league of haves and have nots, or try to fix it next offseason. But I don't think they have the stomach for another strike.

Edited by Joe Miner

OKC had peaked, and the peak wasn't good enough. Durant wants to win. He was also fed up with Westbrook's inconsistent play. Brooks couldn't fix it, and Donavon couldn't fix it.

People want to hate Durant for making this decision, but it's not Durant that's broken it's the NBA. There's no way that 2 teams should be able to start 30% of the league's top 20 stars. They dropped the ball back in 2011, and will either have to live with a league of haves and have nots, or try to fix it next offseason. But I don't think they have the stomach for another strike.

OKC peaked? If that's why he is leaving, he is a fool.

They were up 3-1 on Golden State in the western finals. yeah, they choked-- but they pretty much had the title in their sights, after playing through probably the most grueling playoff schedule in NBA history (Mavs, 67-win Spurs, 73-win GS).

I don't understand why people tend to side with pro athletes rather than teams. The teams at least have SOME desire to please fans. The athletes could give less of a damn.