NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think they'd be protesting the name as too violent, and insisting it be changed to the "Golden State Fluffy Bunnies" or something.

Reminds me of the old Leno joke about the Washington Bullets. Fans thought the name was too violent, so they wanted the team to simply be called the Bullets.

• 3 weeks later...

How crazy is it that it took the 70th win to clinch the top seed in the Western conference. The Western Conference finals will be epic if it plays out as it should, San Antonio vs Golden State

Do you think they will win last 3 & break record? Would be nice to have that Minny game back as a cushion.

Do you think they will win last 3 & break record? Would be nice to have that Minny game back as a cushion.

They'll have to beat a full roster at San Antonio to do it -- something no other team has done this year.

no i don't, i think now that they clenched they will focus on the playoffs, no sense getting the record and not be fully rested for the playoff run...pretty sure, SA will throw everything at them if they do try and you really don't need a dog fight at this point of the season, save that for the conf finals.

no i don't, i think now that they clenched they will focus on the playoffs, no sense getting the record and not be fully rested for the playoff run...pretty sure, SA will throw everything at them if they do try and you really don't need a dog fight at this point of the season, save that for the conf finals.

There was an interview with Kerr this morning that said now that they've clinched they'll look at resting guys. But he did say unless they feel they don't need the rest. Even my wife said "yeah, they're not going to want to rest. What athlete doesn't want a record like that?"

the ones that don't eventually win the championship title, but i agree, they do want the record AND they want the title

There was an interview with Kerr this morning that said now that they've clinched they'll look at resting guys. But he did say unless they feel they don't need the rest. Even my wife said "yeah, they're not going to want to rest. What athlete doesn't want a record like that?"

the ones that don't eventually win the championship title, but i agree, they do want the record AND they want the title

Or second best... The record and title...Middle outcome option. I forgot that game is in SA and they are still undefeated @ home in the AlamoDome. Do they still play there... It was a nice rhyme. ;-) Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And they know they can do both so why rest?

The might not do both if they are out of fuel and trying to coast... Lose-Lose becomes the outcome... You see what a crappy team like Minny did to them @ Home. 17 down? Win in OverTime. If this team was gr8, that shouldn't happen, even on cruise control.

There might not be enough left in the tank? Only they know! I hope so... I want them to break record and shut the Bulls up!

The might not do both if they are out of fuel and trying to coast... Lose-Lose becomes the outcome... You see what a crappy team like Minny did to them @ Home. 17 down? Win in OverTime. If this team was gr8, that shouldn't happen, even on cruise control.

There might not be enough left in the tank? Only they know! I hope so... I want them to break record and shut the Bulls up!

So you're saying the Warriors aren't a great team? :blink:

So you're saying the Warriors aren't a great team? :blink:

No. What I meant is maybe not as great as the 1990's Bulls. I really hope they can prove to be as great.

Sorry, that is what I was thinking... I Just assumed it was understood... How can the GS Warriors not be a great team... Just not as great as the Bulls...

EDIT: They are great, just at this level, the bar is extremely set high. Two teams only come to my mind... 1960's Celtics, 1990's Bulls.. Then there are the lesser gr8 teams.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

No. What I meant is maybe not as great as the 1990's Bulls. I really hope they can prove to be as great.

There will always be detractors...if they don't win a championship, the record won't matter...go all the way, and they have a very legit claim!

Edited by Buftex

• 5 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of finding myself unable to get to sleep last night so I just happened to turn on the Warriors/Blazers game in the 4th quarter.

What Steph Curry did in OT was just remarkable. Congrats to him on becoming the first unanimous league MVP.