Doug Flutie Lost Both of His Parents this Morning

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True Love... in this world and in the next.

Who says "till death do us part". These two will be together for eternity.

This world will miss you.

Ingrained into your family is you; your habits, your love, your kindness, your generosity. These traits are ingrained into the Flutie family, and in a sense, makes them immortal.

You will never be forgotten.

Rest In Paradise.

Imo

I of course send out my prayers to the Flutie family

Does anyone else not find the circumstances of both of them passing at the exact same time absolutey bizzare?

Actually, for couples who have been together that long it's not as rare as you might think -- although perhaps not within an hour. That's nuts.

I of course send out my prayers to the Flutie family

Does anyone else not find the circumstances of both of them passing at the exact same time absolutey bizzare?

@mikerodak

Mike Rodak Retweeted DOUG FLUTIE

Doug Flutie says his parents both died of heart attacks this morning, less than an hour apart.

Actually, for couples who have been together that long it's not as rare as you might think -- although perhaps not within an hour. That's nuts.

I have seen research on this phenomenon and it is believed that when one passes the other has endorphins / chemicals released in their body which can sometimes lead to a heart attack especially in weaker hearts. The saying "they died of a broken heart" can actually be true.

Sorry for your loss Doug.

Edited by Mark80

I have seen research on this phenomenon and it is believed that when one passes the other has endorphins / chemicals released in their body which can sometimes lead to a heart attack especially in weaker hearts. The saying "they died of a broken heart" can actually be true.

Sorry for your loss Doug.

I remember learning in a psych class in college about the "Total Marriage". They said it was the type of marriage where both partners live pretty much as one, do everything together, have the same friends, basically are like one person. They said when one dies, the other usually follows quickly after. That is CRAZY to both die of heart attacks, an hour apart from each other. Just wow.

Condolences to a Buffalo Bill that is beloved in practically all of our hearts...

True Love... in this world and in the next.

Who says "till death do us part". These two will be together for eternity.

This world will miss you.

Ingrained into your family is you; your habits, your love, your kindness, your generosity. These traits are ingrained into the Flutie family, and in a sense, makes them immortal.

You will never be forgotten.

Rest In Paradise.

Imo

Leroi, this is the ONE time I'll have to agree with you!!

Sincerest condolences to Doug, Bill, Darren, Denise, Laurie and the entire Flutie family.

Without you, Mom and Dad, we wouldn't have had that magical season back in '99. Your boy made it extra special by giving us hope, and to us Bills fans, that's rare and treasured. We're a better organization for having known him.

Thank you. Rest in peace.