Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

The Pats have won every game this season with the average score being 35-18.

We're a squeak ahead of .500.

You mention Rex's ability to game plan Brady. What about Belichick's ability to game plan the Bills?

I really, really hope we beat the Pats. But I don't see anything in the matchup that says we do.

Belicheat is great, no argument from me. They are the best team in the NFL this year. But, no team is invincible. Their offensive line is really banged up. Their RBs too (not that that is as important). Brady, while awesome, is 38, and anyone who is 38, even Brady, is going to start slowing down after so many games in a row (remember their bye was week 4, so Bills game will be his 7th straight game out there).

Belicheat is the best at game planning for everyone, so for sure he will have a great plan. But I think the Bills will want it more. And I think eventually a team winning all the time gets a bit complacent (I know, they went undefeated just 8 years ago, but that is only time in 40 years).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you see Bills beating rest of way?

@Pats

@Chiefs

Texans

@Eagles

@Redskins

Dallas

Jets

OK,

Texans should be one

Eagles or Redskins game should get us 2

of course we get Dallas after Romo is back which sucks but let's hope that can be 3

KC and Jets could be 4/5, the opposite Redskins/Eagles game is the key.

A win ve NE would be a unexpected bonus as we all feel that's a loss.

9-7 should get you in based on how top heavy the AFC is, but that #5 seed is so important.

Each game except at Pats and at Eagles / Redskins. Honestly growing less cocnered about Eagles because they seem to have real tough times vs Physical teams. Redskins may be one of those look past games where we fall flat. 10 Wins is doable. I just hope 10 wins is enough to get us in.

Why do people keep saying stuff like this? 10 wins is a slam dunk, stone cold lock, golden ticket to the playoffs. 9-7 and we probably make the playoffs this season, especially with the tiebreakers we have right now. Are you looking at the other teams in contention and their remaining schedules at all?

OK,

Texans should be one

Eagles or Redskins game should get us 2

of course we get Dallas after Romo is back which sucks but let's hope that can be 3

KC and Jets could be 4/5, the opposite Redskins/Eagles game is the key.

A win ve NE would be a unexpected bonus as we all feel that's a loss.

9-7 should get you in based on how top heavy the AFC is, but that #5 seed is so important.

Living in Denver, I kinda hope they get the #6 but I hear ya.

In response to the bolded: I think FItz was more accurate than I've ever seen him. Aside from the very first series of the game and his quintessential 4th quarter pick, I was impressed with his accuracy (granted, it's relative to his tenure with the bills). He's a better quarterback now than when he was with us.

I think you are misremembering Fitz's tenure with the Bills. He had some great games. How about the game at Cincinnati and the game we narrowly lost in Baltimore as huge underdogs? Plus big home wins vs. New England and the Raiders? Those are just the few that pop into my head. You think Fitzpatrick looked better Thursday night than he did in any of those games? That is crazy.

Tone is very tough to discern under normal circumstances, let alone on a football message board where emotions run high. I seldom take things very seriously around here despite my willingness to mix it up, a :lol: or the occasional :rolleyes: not only helps decipher my tone but also my reaction to some of the hot takes around here.

Then there's :beer: which is just my way of treating this place like my local bar. If we were sitting around talking football -- even the folks with whom I disagree -- I'm still buying them a drink either for taking the time to explain their position (rather than just making a trollish post), agreeing with/understanding their take, or just appreciating their contributions to the board.

You remind me of this Hollywood a-hole that used to post around here.

I tend to think that's probably accurate, but with as bad as the AFC is this year 9 wins might still do the trick if things break right. But still, the margin for error is pretty slim.

People said this exact thing last year... 10 Wins.

Look at the numbers. It's very unlikely that two AFC wildcards will be 10-6, and more likely that they will both be 9-7. And, not unlikely that one will be 8-8.

Pittsburgh will likely be 6-4 after Sunday, but then they have a pretty tricky schedule, including Seattle, Cincy, Denver, and Baltimore. They're damned lucky if they get to 9-7.

Jets still face NE, and us at home (which I think we can win...) It would be a miracle for them to get to 10-6, and if they make it to 9-7, we should get the tie-breaker.

Oakland has Minnesota, Denver, and Green Bay in their future, plus San Diego, and KC twice. I imagine they'll be favored vs SD, and KC, but 9-7 would be a good outcome for them. 10-6? Unlikely.

After us, and those three teams, the Dolphins, the Texans, and the Chiefs have the next best records in the wildcard hunt, at 3-5 each. Put simply, beyond the four division leaders, the AFC is a hot mess.

If four teams make it to 9-7, we have a good chance of making the playoffs. Indeed, the way things are shaping up, we could make the payoffs with an 8-8 record.

Like I said... People said this exact same thing last year. 10 WINS Edited by Beef Jerky

People said this exact thing last year... 10 Wins.Like I said... People said this exact same thing last year. 10 WINS

I don't recall the AFC picture last year looking like 9 wins would get a team in. Not a likely scenario, anyway. The Chargers, steelers, Ravens and Chiefs were all doing pretty well. This year looks very different at the halfway point. The Steelers and Raiders are right behind the Bills and the Raiders are 4-4. A 6-2 finish doesn't seem likely for them. I can see the Steelers winning 10 if Ben is ok. Folks might have said it last year, but the numbers weren't trending that way like they are this season.

Who do you see Bills beating rest of way?

@Pats

@Chiefs

Texans

@Eagles

@Redskins

Dallas

Jets

4 road games with the ones at Pats, Chiefs and Eagles being really hard to win on the road.

We have to win our remaining home games....We lost tough home games to Pats, Giants and Bengals. We have to go at least 5-3 at home.

We'll beat the pats*

--setting crackpipe down--

Loss to pats* and chiefs... finish 10-6. NYG only loss against NFCE teams. And we will embarrass the Eagles in Philly.

Philly is a tough place to win.

The Pats have won every game this season with the average score being 35-18.

We're a squeak ahead of .500.

You mention Rex's ability to game plan Brady. What about Belichick's ability to game plan the Bills?

I really, really hope we beat the Pats. But I don't see anything in the matchup that says we do.

Kidnap Brady and let him go after the game.

I don't recall the AFC picture last year looking like 9 wins would get a team in. Not a likely scenario, anyway. The Chargers, steelers, Ravens and Chiefs were all doing pretty well. This year looks very different at the halfway point. The Steelers and Raiders are right behind the Bills and the Raiders are 4-4. A 6-2 finish doesn't seem likely for them. I can see the Steelers winning 10 if Ben is ok. Folks might have said it last year, but the numbers weren't trending that way like they are this season.

What are you talking about? The two WC teams from last year were 5-4 and 5-2-1 this time last year...

What are you talking about? The two WC teams from last year were 5-4 and 5-2-1 this time last year...

OK , 5-2-1 would have a team on track for a 10 win season. 5-4 not so much. Was there another team that was say 5-3 or 6-2 that fell by the wayside? I don't recall last year thinking that 9 wins gave a team a realistic playoff shot. Not in the AFC anyways. That's all I'm saying . The AFC has more teams with worse records than a year ago. Particularly last years playoff teams.