Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

I think 4 wins is the about the best that can be expected

They have only this week finally put together back-to-back wins, and all 3 of their main offensive weapons sure seem like they are on the cusp of re-injury (Tyrod, Watkins, McCoy). Lose any of them for more than a game, and it's all over. I see 9-7 or 8-8...a miracle might get them into the playoffs with 9-7.

9-7 with tiebreakers (which they have in abundance so far - WILL be good enough.

9-7 may sound like nothing in the abstract, but to need 10-6 TWO other teams have to get on a big roll to 10-6. Who do you think that is? OAK, PIT, NYJ are the only ones with a prayer.

HOU, MIA, or KC would need to go 7-1 to make 10-6 - yeah right.

OAK would need to go 6-2. They're a rising team, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooo EJ's fault?

All joking aside, if we do miss the playoffs by one game, then of course you can logically say that EJ blew the season for us that game by crapping all over himself. Obviously it depends on what happens the rest of the way though.

9-7 with tiebreakers (which they have in abundance so far - WILL be good enough.

9-7 may sound like nothing in the abstract, but to need 10-6 TWO other teams have to get on a big roll to 10-6. Who do you think that is? OAK, PIT, NYJ are the only ones with a prayer.

Agreed. But not to get too far ahead, getting that 5th seed as opposed to 6th would make the difference between playing at indy instead of playing at one of ne/den/cincy.

I think 4 wins is the about the best that can be expected

They have only this week finally put together back-to-back wins, and all 3 of their main offensive weapons sure seem like they are on the cusp of re-injury (Tyrod, Watkins, McCoy). Lose any of them for more than a game, and it's all over. I see 9-7 or 8-8...a miracle might get them into the playoffs with 9-7.

are you saying players may get hurt playing football?

isn't it always. Just look at what he did to the team last night!

Are you implying that the Jaguars game was in fact not EJ's fault?

Look, I know you guys got all cute after the Bengals game with the whole "the run defense- that must've been EJ's fault too, right?" If a pitcher completely sucks in a game and gives up 9 runs in 2 innings but a batter on his team also goes 0-5 with 5 strikeouts, would you say, "oh those 5 strikeouts- I guess those were the pitcher's fault too, right?" No they weren't. But that doesn't change the fact that the pitcher also sucked. EJ sucks. No one ever blamed EJ for something not having to do with EJ. Get over it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Look, I know you guys got all cute after the Bengals game with the whole "the run defense- that must've been EJ's fault too, right?" If a pitcher completely sucks in a game and gives up 9 runs in 2 innings but a batter on his team also goes 0-5 with 5 strikeouts, would you say, "oh those 5 strikeouts- I guess those were the pitcher's fault too, right?" No they weren't. But that doesn't change the fact that the pitcher also sucked. EJ sucks. No one ever blamed EJ for something not having to do with EJ. Get over it.

:rolleyes:

HOU, MIA, or KC would need to go 7-1 to make 10-6 - yeah right.

OAK would need to go 6-2. They're a rising team, but that's not going to happen.

Exactly. Are people even looking at the standings? I have already stated in this very thread that 9-7 probably gets the Bills in the playoffs this year.

Please give it up Metz. I'd go into further detail more but arguing with you got me banned once.

What week does ESPN put out that playoff generator? I'm embarrassed of how much time I spend on that thing.

edit: Yahoo already has one up, even though it starts at week 13! Goodbye productivity for today..

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

my recollection week 12. Damn I'm good

Start making your 2015 playoff predictions after Week 11 of the NFL season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Exactly. Are people even looking at the standings? I have already stated in this very thread that 9-7 probably gets the Bills in the playoffs this year.

Not if the other teams like the JETS, Raiders and Steelers get to 10 wins

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Please give it up Metz. I'd go into further detail more but arguing with you got me banned once.

my recollection week 12. Damn I'm good

Start making your 2015 playoff predictions after Week 11 of the NFL season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Answering the question as to whether or not the Jacksonville loss is on EJ is not going to get you banned. I think it is. I'm also over that game and expect the Bills to make the playoffs as I've stated throughout this thread.

are you saying players may get hurt playing football?

Yeah, I am (and that this team can't win without all 3 of those players). I'm also noting that these guys appear to be nursing injuries that kept them out of games (or serious affected their performance) earlier this year. Do I know the old saying that "everyone is injured at this point of the season? Sure, I also can see when guys get up limping on the same leg injury they just came back from, or favoring a shoulder that was injured.

I don't think it's silly to think they might have a recurrence, and that it could bring back the kind of limpid offense we saw without those players (and the offense wasn't very good yesterday).

This team is not going to win 5 more games.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Answering the question as to whether or not the Jacksonville loss is on EJ is not going to get you banned. I think it is. I'm also over that game and expect the Bills to make the playoffs as I've stated throughout this thread.

LAST TIME - Please give it up Metz. I will not go into further detail because you are never satisfied with an answer and again discussing the topic of how much EJ sucks with you got me banned once already. Not again.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yeah, I am (and that this team can't win without all 3 of those players). I'm also noting that these guys appear to be nursing injuries that kept them out of games (or serious affected their performance) earlier this year. Do I know the old saying that "everyone is injured at this point of the season? Sure, I also can see when guys get up limping on the same leg injury they just came back from, or favoring a shoulder that was injured.

I don't think it's silly to think they might have a recurrence, and that it could bring back the kind of limpid offense we saw without those players (and the offense wasn't very good yesterday).

This team is not going to win 5 more games.

How does McCoy look like he is nursing an injury?

I know that the best attitude is to view the Pats game as non-essential and a "nice if they can do it" kind of thing, but it's damn hard not to think about a win that could ultimately turn out to be a defining moment for this team . . .

Seriously, a win on MNF changes everything, both in terms of expectations and how the team is viewed both inside and outside the fanbase.