Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people want to point to the Jags game as what will eventually be the season's downfall. I think it was a wake up call. This team was sleepwalking. At the end of the season we won't point to the Jags game as the downfall but as probably the reason we gutted out some wins down the stretch instead of assuming our talent would overcome everything.

I have played this over in my head a dozen times now.

So let's assume they lose at New England (for the sake of argument- they win, they're going to make the playoffs). They're 5-5.

They're going to beat Houston at home. That gives you 6 wins. I think they're going to have to and should win their last 2- including the game against Dallas, which inexplicably people are saying is going to be an impossible task. For one, Dallas wasn't even playing that well with Romo and secondly, do not be surprised if Romo does not play if they're out of it- which they pretty much are. Why would you play a guy who's my age with an extensive injury history coming off another one in meaningless December games? It makes zero sense. Anyway that gives you 8 wins.

That leaves the 3 road games against beatable/mediocre opponents- KC, Was and Philly. They are not going to win all 3. They win 2 of those they are at 10 wins. 10 wins is a playoff ticket this season, no question about it. They win 1 of those, they're at 9 wins, which I think might even give you a better than 50% chance right now. Anyway long story shot, they have to win 3 out of 5 against KC, Was, Philly, Dal and NYJ to get to 9 wins and 4 out of 5 to get to 10. I think they'll win 3, finish at 9-7 and MAKE the playoffs. You heard it here.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

So let's assume they lose at New England (for the sake of argument- they win, they're going to make the playoffs). They're 5-5.

They're going to beat Houston at home. That gives you 6 wins. I think they're going to have to and should win their last 2- including the game against Dallas, which inexplicably people are saying is going to be an impossible task. For one, Dallas wasn't even playing that well with Romo and secondly, do not be surprised if Romo does not play if they're out of it- which they pretty much are. Why would you play a guy who's my age with an extensive injury history coming off another one in meaningless December games? It makes zero sense. Anyway that gives you 8 wins.

That leaves the 3 road games against beatable/mediocre opponents- KC, Was and Philly. They are not going to win all 3. They win 2 of those they are at 10 wins. 10 wins is a playoff ticket this season, no question about it. They win 1 of those, they're at 9 wins, which I think might even give you a better than 50% chance right now. Anyway long story shot, they have to win 3 out of 5 against KC, Was, Philly, Dal and NYJ to get to 9 wins and 4 out of 5 to get to 10. I think they'll win 3, finish at 9-7 and MAKE the playoffs. You heard it here.

I started the season with a 10-6 prediction....I am sticking with that

Now...if they beat New England? I am def not count that one as a win

Just think the Eagles at home will be tough and their defence is top 10 and have been getting better

CBF

Top 10 like the defense we just faced?

This is pretty much where I stand, but I think I'm typically a touch more optimistic than Metz. I say 4 out of the 5 as I can see them dropping either Philly or Dallas.

This is pretty much where I stand, but I think I'm typically a touch more optimistic than Metz. I say 4 out of the 5 as I can see them dropping either Philly or Dallas.

If they can take 2 out of 3 at KC, Was and Philly, they'll make the playoffs. That would put them at 8-6 going into the last 2 at home and at that point, I would be extremely confident in their chances. Go Browns on Sunday by the way. First non-Bills game this year where I really have a rooting interest. I typically don't really pay too much attention to that stuff earlier in the season (people were all in a fuss over who Bills fans should root for in week 3 between the Dolphins and the Jets, give me a break) but this is a big one for us. The Raiders are still a year away.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm hoping with the extra time to prep for MNF vs the Pats that this is the game where Rex finally lets the D loose and we see a lot of blitzing

CBF

Blitzing doesn't beat the Pats***; Brady gets rid of the ball too quick. You want to put Brady on his ass, it will be from coverage sacks. Time to disguise the back 7 and hope their lack of a backfield is enough for the Bills O to keep up.

What? Dallas is done for dude. They're going to suck even if/when Romo comes back.

With Romo healthy all year, I think they'd be 7-1/6-2, even without Dez for that stretch.

If Romo isn't playing, the Bills should definitely win.

OP...what happened to your thoughts from this post on 9/21? Then we were 5-11 at best and now we are winning 4 or 5 more games in the last 7. Maybe you just think we are going to lose 7 straight now. Nice job.

Yesterday the league learned how to beat us. Taylor cannot pick apart defenses. Basically stack the box. And our secondary is god awful. You know its bad when the jets secondary a year ago shut down pats (with ryan) and this one was giving up record setting performances.

It was a disgrace. This season has turned into a 5-11 campaign at best.

Edited by Mark80

With Romo healthy all year, I think they'd be 7-1/6-2, even without Dez for that stretch.

If Romo isn't playing, the Bills should definitely win.

OK but you're assuming that if Romo comes back they're immediately going to be playing on that level? I don't assume that at all. I think they're going to suck even if/when he comes back. They're going to be like 2-8. You think they're going to start playing balls out and kicking everyone's asses?

OK but you're assuming that if Romo comes back they're immediately going to be playing on that level? I don't assume that at all. I think they're going to suck even if/when he comes back. They're going to be like 2-8. You think they're going to start playing balls out and kicking everyone's asses?

I thought he was due back a couple games before us. They play in a putrid division and if they can steal a game here or there before he comes back, they'll still be in the hunt.

They've been competitive without him in almost every game except the NE game.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

We will likely beat ourselves the most. Take a reality check to how we have played.

Why is phili that scary?!? Common man, they're not that good. We are a team designed to beat them. We will **** down their passing game with our dbs. Make them beat us on the ground, the can't get outside on us and too slow to go inside.

We beat phili. But this team losses to teams like Washington because we play down to our competition. Rex Ryan's trademark!

I don't know where we get 5 more wins because I'm not sure how good this team is yet.

As was pointed out several times on the broadcast yesterday, the Bills win the majority of games when TT, Shady and Sammy are all healthy at the same time. Let's see if that trend continues.

Plus, I haven't given up on Rex as a defensive guru despite his uninspiring start. He's got a strong record as a defensive coach. He might just yet make this defense dominant.

If the Bills keep playing like they did the first half of the season, they're a mediocre .500 team.

But they just might have the potential to be something more. And that potential may become reality over the second half of the season. These Bills might just be(or become) better than every team - other than the Pats - remaining on the schedule.

Edited by hondo in seattle