Where do we get 4-5 more wins?

spoogy

gee, solid reasoning there. :death:

How is it not? This team when healthy, which they are now, has won 4 games out of 6 games -- the two loses coming to two undefeated clubs. There's no reason to think winning 5 out of 7 is unreachable. There's no one left on the schedule outside of the upcoming MNF game who is particularly tough.

Nothing about the way they have played suggests they will be able to put together 5 more wins.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't beat the Pats and will prob lose one of the road games in Philly or Washington but I think they can win the rest and finish 10-6

Chiefs in KC? They are playing lights out. I still think jags will cost us our season. 8-8 most likely

pats, chiefs, cowboys losses for sure.... then drop 1 we were suppose to win like jets

What?

If by lights out you mean blowing out an awful Lions team in London on the brink of imploding then yeah they are playing lights out

KC is 3-5 and won two in a row to get there

Edited by Max997

Blitzing doesn't beat the Pats***; Brady gets rid of the ball too quick. You want to put Brady on his ass, it will be from coverage sacks. Time to disguise the back 7 and hope their lack of a backfield is enough for the Bills O to keep up.

Wrong. Blitz is the only way to beat him. Must blitz right up the middle. Send LB's and safeties in the A and B gaps. You are right he gets rid of the ball too quick to blitz from the corner or OLB. Must be up the middle. Then drop the OLB's to help defend the WR screens

Wrong. Blitz is the only way to beat him. Must blitz right up the middle. Send LB's and safeties in the A and B gaps. You are right he gets rid of the ball too quick to blitz from the corner or OLB. Must be up the middle. Then drop the OLB's to help defend the WR screens

Don't recall the Giants blitzing much in those super bowl games.

The key to beating Brady is being able to get pressure with just the Dline and mainly up the middle

The Bills can lose to the Patriots and 1 NFC team, anymore and they are out.

I tend to think that's probably accurate, but with as bad as the AFC is this year 9 wins might still do the trick if things break right. But still, the margin for error is pretty slim.

Look at the numbers. It's very unlikely that two AFC wildcards will be 10-6, and more likely that they will both be 9-7. And, not unlikely that one will be 8-8.

Pittsburgh will likely be 6-4 after Sunday, but then they have a pretty tricky schedule, including Seattle, Cincy, Denver, and Baltimore. They're damned lucky if they get to 9-7.

Jets still face NE, and us at home (which I think we can win...) It would be a miracle for them to get to 10-6, and if they make it to 9-7, we should get the tie-breaker.

Oakland has Minnesota, Denver, and Green Bay in their future, plus San Diego, and KC twice. I imagine they'll be favored vs SD, and KC, but 9-7 would be a good outcome for them. 10-6? Unlikely.

After us, and those three teams, the Dolphins, the Texans, and the Chiefs have the next best records in the wildcard hunt, at 3-5 each. Put simply, beyond the four division leaders, the AFC is a hot mess.

If four teams make it to 9-7, we have a good chance of making the playoffs. Indeed, the way things are shaping up, we could make the payoffs with an 8-8 record.

I think Whaley and Co. really screwed the pooch back in March. Why do we keep scheduling New England twice a year? Look at Boise State from a few years ago or Iowa. They don't play anyone and as long as they keep blowing out chumps they still stay highly regarded. Why not just play the Browns, Titans, and New Orleans and schedule against weaker opponents? Sure, we'll get dinged on strength of schedule and we don't get as much TV exposure for recruiting free agents but having a winning record when the playoff selection committee meets in week 17 will go farther than getting exposed by the Bungles and Pasties. We will never secure a 1 or 2 seed, but get into the playoffs and its a whole new season. Anything can happen. Its worth a shot.

Haha.

This place hasn't been the same since you took that new job.

@Pats: Upset WIN here for the Bills 30-24 (Assuming the refs don't screw us)

@Chiefs: LOSS 23-17 (Tough place to play on road)

Texans: Bills WIN 34-20

@Eagles: Bills WIN 27-24

@Redskins: Bills make us sweat out the wildcard hopes and lay an egg losing 24-14

Dallas: Bills WIN 28-17 (Big bounce back from previous week, and the BOYS have nothing to play for)

JETS: Win and you're in for Bills. They handle the Jets in a close one and WIN 24-23

10-6, playoff bound after 15 painful years. GO BILLS!!!!

This is very Billsesque.

I think we need to root hard for the Giants to get on a roll. The better they do the more I could see the Eagles and Dallas implode and both those coaches lose their respective teams.

Won't beat the Pats and will prob lose one of the road games in Philly or Washington but I think they can win the rest and finish 10-6

What?

If by lights out you mean blowing out an awful Lions team in London on the brink of imploding then yeah they are playing lights out

KC is 3-5 and won two in a row to get there

There really should be a statute of limitations on rehashing a post that's out in left field. It happened on page 1 for crying out loud. Can we say that once you get to page 4 you can no longer bring up the statement?😎

Each game except at Pats and at Eagles / Redskins. Honestly growing less cocnered about Eagles because they seem to have real tough times vs Physical teams. Redskins may be one of those look past games where we fall flat. 10 Wins is doable. I just hope 10 wins is enough to get us in.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

I think 9-7 could get it done, especially if we win two more AFC games. That'd put our conference record at 7-5 which is pretty solid and should win a tiebreaker if it comes to it. Outside of New England they all look winnable, but we have to consider possible future injuries, slip ups, etc. 4--3 is definitely possible, with an outside shot at 5-2

There really should be a statute of limitations on rehashing a post that's out in left field. It happened on page 1 for crying out loud. Can we say that she. You get to page 4 you can no longer bring up the statement?😎

Thread was just created yesterday morning not a month ago and the posts on the first page of a new thread are what posts are viewed and read the most.

My reply was what 12 hours later, give me a break

Well if we lose 1 it will be the Pats, 2 would be the Cowboys if Romo and Dez are out there. My hope is they lose so many games they are eliminated and some mentally pack it in.

I don't count on any of them as wins as look at the Raiders last year, Chiefs last year, and the Jags this year. There is a chance we can go 11-5 though.

I don't dare say the unthinkable of us beating the Pats, but it couldn't be set up any better with another 11 days off between TR night to MNF. I was really hoping we get get Kyle and Aaron Williams back but jsut heard yesterday, Aaron can't come back even if healthy due to the IR rules, and Kyle is not projected to come back either. Maybe we get lucky, and Kyle somehow makes it back.

With this mini-bye, you can count that McCoy will be healthy by then, as well as the others who have come back. I'm glad Rex gave them off until Tuesday. I questioned the week off before the bye, but it paid off.

You guys may think I'm crazy, but I really do think the Bills beat the Pats next week. Ryan has shown the ability throughout his career to brilliantly game plan against Brady after seeing him once. I think the Bills are going to be as amped for this game as they will be for any all year, not just because its the hated pats but because of the loss in week 2. Remember how good we looked in that second half of the first game too, and we all know its not like Brady or Belicheat took their feet off the gas.

The flip side to this is I think they lose the next week to a mediocre Chiefs team as a sort of "let down" game after being so amped for the Pats.

I think we get Dallas at home (Romo in December outdoors at the Ralph does not scare me). But I wouldn't be surprised to see a loss to the Deadskins the week before (last road game of this huge 5 of 6 road swing, out of conference opponent, and Skins not as bad as some think).

I think we get the Texans and Eagles (no team in the NFL more overrated than the Eagles; look for Miami to beat them tomorrow) for sure. That puts the Bills at 9-6 heading into the final game of the year against the Jests at home. Winner may very well be going to the playoffs. I don't know what will happen in that game. I want to believe we win.

You guys may think I'm crazy, but I really do think the Bills beat the Pats next week. Ryan has shown the ability throughout his career to brilliantly game plan against Brady after seeing him once. I think the Bills are going to be as amped for this game as they will be for any all year, not just because its the hated pats but because of the loss in week 2. Remember how good we looked in that second half of the first game too, and we all know its not like Brady or Belicheat took their feet off the gas.

The flip side to this is I think they lose the next week to a mediocre Chiefs team as a sort of "let down" game after being so amped for the Pats.

I think we get Dallas at home (Romo in December outdoors at the Ralph does not scare me). But I wouldn't be surprised to see a loss to the Deadskins the week before (last road game of this huge 5 of 6 road swing, out of conference opponent, and Skins not as bad as some think).

I think we get the Texans and Eagles (no team in the NFL more overrated than the Eagles; look for Miami to beat them tomorrow) for sure. That puts the Bills at 9-6 heading into the final game of the year against the Jests at home. Winner may very well be going to the playoffs. I don't know what will happen in that game. I want to believe we win.

The Pats have won every game this season with the average score being 35-18.

We're a squeak ahead of .500.

You mention Rex's ability to game plan Brady. What about Belichick's ability to game plan the Bills?

I really, really hope we beat the Pats. But I don't see anything in the matchup that says we do.