Predictions: Bills v. Jets

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it in another thread and I will say it here. This Defense lacks discipline and accountability. If the Head coach refuses to correct or remedy the penalty situation why should the players give a rat's ass about their actions. We get torched here 28-17

Just so I understand this: you are saying that playing half a world away without your starting QB, best WR, 2nd best WR, starting RG, starting RT, backup RT, and No. 2 RB, plus having your starting RB banged up, means you're not a good team if you don't win?

As I said earlier: if that is your stance on this, then we will never agree on the subject.

As of that moment, yup.

There's a possibility they could still turn into a good team. It really depends on the players and the coaches, though.

I'm fine with disagreeing. :)

Wouldnt a more revealing comparison be between the teams' offenses and defenses? For instance, I slso think the Bills' RBs are better, but that advantage is negated by the NYJ run defense superiority. In this case, I think the Jets have the run game advantage, not the Bills.

Jets D allows 3.8 ypr. Bills 3.9.

Jets O rushes at a 3.8 ypr. Bills 4.8.

I'd say the Bills likely have the advantage here.

The problem the Bills D will have is stopping the pass, specifically the short, timing routes. If the Bills lose that will be the culprit, at least early. The Jets might be able to salt away the win late vs. a tired D with some crucial runs but I dont think it will be how they put up points.

I have no freaking idea. Nothing would surprise me. Both teams have been inconsistent this year, although the Bills have proven to be able to put up points with a healthy O. As long as we have Henderson/Kunjo ready to play, I think our offense puts up more points than the Jets. Also, Rex could be brining some surprise Blitzes to force Fitz into turnovers. I'd give the Bills a slight advantage in this game, but nothing would surprise me (i.e. OL or LBS not showing up.)

Bills 24 Jets 17

Bills will have trouble in early going but will eventually find their way. I think Clay will have a big game and Sammy will get open deep at least once for a TD. Neither team will be effective running and Fitz will throw a pick to end the game as Jets are driving for a score to tie.

Classic Fitz.

Tough one. Both teams will fight tooth and nail for this game. A lot is at stake.

Everything depends on Gilmore and Darby. If they can stay one on one with Decker and Marshall, we can devote more attention to run defense (but need to watch the screen to Ivory....a la Lamar Miller last game).

Hoping Karlos and Shady are healthy. Establish run against he Jets big uglies and Tyrod should find some open receivers. Jets defense is solid and are due for a big game.

Gonna be close.

34-28 Bills.

Tyrod Taylor leads us down the field with a game winning touchdown on the final drive to win. 24-21.

If I had any faith in the D I'd say this game would be a cakewalk, even on the road. I don't have any faith in the D, however.

Jets 30

Bills 26

I hope this isn't the case as it would effectively end any legitimate playoff chances unless the Bills pulled off a shocker at NE.

Chan will have at least one pass play drawn up where he goes strong right / twins left, sends the slot receiver on a dig to get the attention of our Safety, and sends his SE on a post route against our RCB Gilmore - when he's in man or Cover 1.

Whether he's in press or off coverage, Gilmore will take an inside technique on the receiver and he'll either open up and run right away ( in press), or as soon as his 3 yard cushion is eaten up (when off).

The receiver will then break underneath him, to the post, and Gilmore will execute a speed (or man) turn to catch up.

Now.. this is all technically sound - and Gilmore is executing his coverage as he should - but it seems to be a play that's there to be made every week.

At first i thought he was opening up too soon, but that's not it. He just has a difficult time getting back on the receiver's hip after coming out of his turn.

As a 6' 190lb CB with a 4.4 40 time, this lack of top tier agility against top tier receivers may be the one leak in the boat that keeps him from finding Gilmore Island.