Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

On TBD EJ has something to do with EVERY discussion

Why Licata?

Whats wrong with giving your observation.

Who do you like

there isn't anything wrong with giving observations, as I've been doing all year. I have guys I like from college perspective, but I don't know who is a 1st rd pro prospect. There aren't any really clear cut consistent guys. So I don't have a preference on who the bills should take.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much talent elsewhere in this draft to force a QB pick in the teens. If Cook / Goff / Lynch pass the NFL smell test they'll be gone well before we pick. If they don't, then why are we taking them over superior prospects?

If we are picking in the teens and a guy like bridge water or carr are available we should take them. Who cares if they should go 15 picks later they are good and will be solid starters.

On TBD EJ has something to do with EVERY discussion

Why Licata?

Whats wrong with giving your observation.

Who do you like

I think we should grab Licata undrafted because he's a diamond in the rough. He's got a pretty good arm and high football IQ. There's absolutely no risk to bringing him in and seeing how he takes to training camp.

Edited by Vinaccia

Round 1, pick the best player available

Round 2, pick the best player available

Round 3, pick the best player available

Round 4, pick the best player available

Round 5, pick the best player available

Round 6, pick the best player available

Round 7, pick the best player available

Then when the smoke clears, you fix your positional gaps that remain by Free Agency.

The draft is the drywall. Free agency is the mud and tape. Training camp is the sanding/priming/painting.

Oh.. in regard to OP: I believe it's too early to be judging TT a success or failure.

Pass the NFL smell test?

Great QBs have been drafted all over the place. Teams are always getting it wrong. If one of those guys is there when the Bills pick and they have a first-round grade on him, there's nothing wrong with drafting him. Something's wrong with fans who immediately label that a "forced pick."

They're going to set up their board the same way as every other year. There will likely be a number of QBs towards the top. If one of those guys is there when they pick, they'll pull the trigger. Don't just assume they reached for a guy, based on your own opinion.

How about they just don't trade up this year?. No need to panic.

Plan to pick one and an FA. see what shakes out.

but that might be dependant on how TT finishes the season as to when and whom Bills look at.

If we are picking in the teens and a guy like bridge water or carr are available we should take them. Who cares if they should go 15 picks later they are good and will be solid starters.

I think teddy turned out to be what he was projected at.

Agree in principle but Bills should probably not give away any more picks for awhile. be nice to gain some for a season or two.

here i am all ready to trade down and the season isn't over yet. :bag:

Round 1, pick the best player available

Round 2, pick the best player available

Round 3, pick the best player available

Round 4, pick the best player available

Round 5, pick the best player available

Round 6, pick the best player available

Round 7, pick the best player available

Then when the smoke clears, you fix your positional gaps that remain by Free Agency.

The draft is the drywall. Free agency is the mud and tape. Training camp is the sanding/priming/painting.

Oh.. in regard to OP: I believe it's too early to be judging TT a success or failure.

Dig it.

• 1 month later...

I didn't find a more recent draft thread, so figured this was as good a place as any to post my thoughts.

One area we need to improve next year is our group of WRs as a whole. Yes, we have some talent, but we are not nearly talented enough after Sammy and Woods (I know some debate Woods' talent, I feel he is a solid 2 or 3 who should be on the field a lot and utilized more).

Anyway, we should take a WR in the draft, and I think it should be Rashard Higgins from CSU.

Last year, with an experienced QB he had 17 TD grabs and led the nation with 1,750 receiving yard. Entering this year, he was considered by some to be the best WR in the nation, and was a consensus first round selection.

Unfortunately for him, he had a few injury issues early in the season (which are now in the past and he finished the season strong) and played with a QB who was making his first college starts. Despite missing some time he still finished with 75 catches for over 1000 yards and 8 TDs. He had 9 catches for 129 yards in the Rams bowl game last night.

Higgins is listed at 6-2, 190 and has had his 40 time clocked at 4.4. Because of his down year, draft predictions now have him in the 3rd or 4th round.

I feel as this would be an exception pick in the 3rd, and an even better value in the 4th, especially since he has 1st round talent. Imagine a guy like this playing opposite Sammy. Our offense would automatically become more dangerous.

I didn't find a more recent draft thread, so figured this was as good a place as any to post my thoughts.

One area we need to improve next year is our group of WRs as a whole. Yes, we have some talent, but we are not nearly talented enough after Sammy and Woods (I know some debate Woods' talent, I feel he is a solid 2 or 3 who should be on the field a lot and utilized more).

Anyway, we should take a WR in the draft, and I think it should be Rashard Higgins from CSU.

Last year, with an experienced QB he had 17 TD grabs and led the nation with 1,750 receiving yard. Entering this year, he was considered by some to be the best WR in the nation, and was a consensus first round selection.

Unfortunately for him, he had a few injury issues early in the season (which are now in the past and he finished the season strong) and played with a QB who was making his first college starts. Despite missing some time he still finished with 75 catches for over 1000 yards and 8 TDs. He had 9 catches for 129 yards in the Rams bowl game last night.

Higgins is listed at 6-2, 190 and has had his 40 time clocked at 4.4. Because of his down year, draft predictions now have him in the 3rd or 4th round.

I feel as this would be an exception pick in the 3rd, and an even better value in the 4th, especially since he has 1st round talent. Imagine a guy like this playing opposite Sammy. Our offense would automatically become more dangerous.

I agree that WR is a glaring need, but only behind RT and ILB. If they are able to secure both of these needs in rounds one and two, then I would agree.

Thing I wonder about RT is was Henderson suffering the affects of his illness all season? Finally it got to be too much and he was sat down. But was he playing in a weakened state all season? Assuming it's something he can get under control and gets his weight and strength back, then maybe not such a glaring need. He was rookie of the month in Sept 14 if I recall correctly, how bad was he? I expected him to continue to improve, but he didn't, if it was due to the illness, not so worried, or could be he just reached his abilities. He was a 7th round draft pick, but only because of off-field issues, not based on talent alone. I recall he was the #1 OL prospect coming out of high school.

I agree that WR is a glaring need, but only behind RT and ILB. If they are able to secure both of these needs in rounds one and two, then I would agree.