Brian Moorman is "leading the charge" vs Miami

YoloinOhio

We know him as a great punter in his day.

The world knows him as the kicker Sean Taylor destroyed during the probowl.

I actually just saw a clip of that yesterday. Fake punt in a pro-bowl with Sean Taylor on the return special teams and he absolutely, unequivocally blew him up. Mormon gets completely knocked off his feet and the ball goes flying out of bounds. Guarantee he has never been hit like that before or since. Taylor was one hell of a hitter.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually just saw a clip of that yesterday. Fake punt in a pro-bowl with Sean Taylor on the return special teams and he absolutely, unequivocally blew him up. Mormon gets completely knocked off his feet and the ball goes flying out of bounds. Guarantee he has never been hit like that before or since. Taylor was one hell of a hitter.

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzo-ryDYY58

Another reason to hate Belicheck. (was that shortened from Be Like Ick, or Be Like Chick?) :unsure:

Not true The dude was a stud regardless.

Awesome he is leading the Charge.

Brian hwas great Bill and Buffalonian for multiple reasons

Go Bills!

respect the player. respect the Man

he deserves even more credit than he gets. On and off the field. When a team sends a pic of punter kicking out of the endzone as a PR

Gift. it says a lot. I believe he is the face of the 21st century Bills, I say that it in a good way.

Make a full size bronze statue of him for outside the Ralph. hard to

believe anyone would have an issue with Brian leading the charge.

Edited by Best Player Available

I can't even remember the game, but when he did that fake punt, and rand for a 1st when it was 4th down was awesome. He was fast.

The infamous Cowboys/bills MNF game. Was a huge play early in that game.

I remember his first year when we played the Chargers and he was punting out of his own end zone. They didn't cover the gunner; so he just threw him the ball for a first down. Unbelievably gutsy play.

But one of my favorite moments was when he returned to us after the Shawn Powell disaster; his first punt back was a coffin corner that went out at the 1. Crowd went nuts.

Moorman was our most valuable player for a stretch. A very dismal dark stretch of time.

No kidding

I think we may have been the only team to sell mass quantities of our punters jersey

Stand up guy though. When I was a kid I would go to the tunnel during warm ups and asked him as he was walking out to sign my helmet he said he had to go warm up but would sign it after the game.

He got to the far side of the field and then turned around and jogged back to me and said these probably arent your seats so you wouldnt be here after the game and he signed my helmet for me.

CBF

Taylor was ahead of his time.

He'd be one of the most coveted players in any draft moving forward given the advancement of the TE position and athletes like Gronk, Eifert, etc.

Moorman may only have been a punter, but he was a great punter, congrats.

yes indeed. if only Ralph could have found a way to win by punting...

:thumbsup:

Doug Marrone has wet dreams thinking about coaching Moorman.

Taylor was ahead of his time.

He'd be one of the most coveted players in any draft moving forward given the advancement of the TE position and athletes like Gronk, Eifert, etc.

Taylor was a physical specimen. He was a flying missile on the field. His approach (mentality) on the field is what the league is trying to curtail in its quest to make the game safer. Because of his innate aggressiveness he would have problems adjusting to this new era of eliminating head hunting type hits. I'm not comparing him to Brandon Weariweather (sic) because he is much better but his style of play would lend itself to making him a constant candidate to be fined for questionable hits.

The tragedy of the Sean Taylor killer was that beyond being a supreme football talent he was emerging as a person. He was a talented player who was coming out of his tightly held shell and becoming much more open and receptive to outsiders.

The infamous Cowboys/bills MNF game. Was a huge play early in that game.

I remember his first year when we played the Chargers and he was punting out of his own end zone. They didn't cover the gunner; so he just threw him the ball for a first down. Unbelievably gutsy play.

But one of my favorite moments was when he returned to us after the Shawn Powell disaster; his first punt back was a coffin corner that went out at the 1. Crowd went nuts.

yep!! amazin'

No kidding

I think we may have been the only team to sell mass quantities of our punters jersey

Stand up guy though. When I was a kid I would go to the tunnel during warm ups and asked him as he was walking out to sign my helmet he said he had to go warm up but would sign it after the game.

He got to the far side of the field and then turned around and jogged back to me and said these probably arent your seats so you wouldnt be here after the game and he signed my helmet for me.

CBF

Thats the kind of guy he is. and the way it should be.

Who is "leading the charge" is of minor importance to a 3-4 team that lost three of its home games. In reality it's sort of stupid. "Just win baby" is more relevant.

all of these threads are of minor importance to this team. This is just one of the more meaningless ones.