McCown Out for the Season; Manziel Out with Concussion

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling the locker room will be lost if it isn't already. Before this was announced, Brian hartline was on radio here and asked about it. He acted like it was borderline ridiculous to consider benching a 23 year old for having some fun on the bye week. He said he didn't see the video but as long as he wasn't doing anything illegal he thought it was a big overreaction. He also talked about how the constant changing of QBs has been tough for the chemistry with the WRs and if it's not injury related he didn't see a valid reason for the change when they had just announced he would be starter for the season.

I do see why the organization is disappointed. We don't know what internal discussions took place but reportedly he promised to represent the team well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Let the kid let off some steam. He is not hurting anyone. Let him do what he enjoys.

What is up with this hyper-sensitivity?

Imo

because he's an alcoholic fresh out of rehab and he can't stop drinking and ruining his career? not someone i would trust as the face of my team

Edited by kdiggz

until he gets behind the wheel of a car and kills someone

That. Or maybe they just realize he is 23 and his rehab obviously failed. A regular employee at a regular job would probably have issues if this happened two months out of rehab. His personal issues are far greater than his crappy QBing.

Wait all because he went to a party and had a drink? when did the browns become the MORAL police? talk about a franchise you go to kill your career.

The dude is fresh out of a preseason rehab stint. He's got a problem.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

That. Or maybe they just realize he is 23 and his rehab obviously failed. A regular employee at a regular job would probably have issues if this happened two months out of rehab. His personal issues are far greater than his crappy QBing.

I stated that already. Was in rehab per the NFL direction?

The dude is fresh out of a preseason rehab stint. He's got a problem.

He does, but benching him for falling off the wagon?? be like being suspended from work for the same thing just dumb. Now if his play suffered then you do it but he has played very well for them and this is just a dumb dumb move.

I stated that already. Was in rehab per the NFL direction?

No, he went to rehab on his own resolve. It is not unusual for alcoholics to fall off the wagon especially early on.

He does, but benching him for falling off the wagon?? be like being suspended from work for the same thing just dumb. Now if his play suffered then you do it but he has played very well for them and this is just a dumb dumb move.

It's further evidence of him being out of control and the team just can't rely on him. Sitting him down is the right move for him personally and for the team IMO.

It's further evidence of him being out of control and the team just can't rely on him. Sitting him down is the right move for him personally and for the team IMO.

I disagree. now they still will not know what they have and will cut him and he will go somewhere else where he will sit on the bench and learn while getting sober with support from the team. He has shown talent and flashes being a good QB, and Cleveland stinks so bad they cant afford keep screwing up on QB picks.

Disagree. Now they are going to go into another off season knowing if he is any good or not.

He's not any good. He's still a runaround QB with little to no pocket discipline who makes an occasional splash play outside the design of the offense.

Time to move on.

Let the kid let off some steam. He is not hurting anyone. Let him do what he enjoys.

What is up with this hyper-sensitivity?

Imo

A rookie season filled with partying followed by a stint in rehab...followed by a quasi-domestic situation involving alcohol....followed by this is more than 'letting off steam.' I'm sure I did much worse in college/early twenties (save the fighting the girlfriend) so I'm not viewing his 'weekend of partying' as anything more. However, timing is everything. The Browns just 'handed' him the rest of the season to be the starter. He responded poorly given the circumstances/considerations and expectations.

If they thought that they would not have named him the starter for the rest of the season a week or two ago.

Regardless of what I think about him as a player, he still cannot be relied upon as a person and he's anything but a face of the franchise type who can represent the entire organization.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Regardless of what I think about him as a player, he still cannot be relied upon as a person and he's anything but a face of the franchise type who can represent the entire organization.

That sums it up nicely. At some point you have to move on from situations like this. And "you" in this case means the Browns.

I will take a tplayer with Manziels issues over a Hardy issue any day. And I dont see Hardy playing time deminished at all.

Disagree. Now they are going to go into another off season knowing if he is any good or not.

i don't think they really care anymore tbh. They are going to move on. They just don't think he takes his role seriously and they think he's an addict. It's why they have been reluctant to play him. The coach told him to chill out over the bye week and not to do anything to embarrass the team and he couldn't do it for one week. Edited by YoloinOhio