McCown Out for the Season; Manziel Out with Concussion

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AlbertBreer

Mike Pettine goes deep with me on @JManziel2 ... "He learned, 'I don't have to turn every play into a punt return'." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572826/article/johnny-manziel-giving-browns-mike-pettine-reason-to-hope

Wow. That is a pretty damning assessment of where Manziel started from - what does it say about your GM that he drafted a guy like that in the 1st round. Feels like the clock is ticking on Pettine time.

Edited by GunnerBill

Wow. That is a pretty damning assessment of where Manziel started from - what does it say about your GM that he drafted a guy like that in the 1st round. Feels like the clock is ticking on Pettine time.

at this point the media feels it would be a shock if Pettine is not fired at the end of the season. Farmer too, obviously.

Pettine won't commit to another Johnny Manziel start

Johnny Manziel flashed moments of potential, especially in the first half, during Thursday night's 31-10 Browns loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Following the contest, Cleveland coach Mike Pettine was frugal with his praise of the second-year quarterback and wouldn't commit to starting him next Sunday in Pittsburgh.

"No, I can't (say he'll play the next game)," Pettine said, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "When we get in and get back from this time off, we'll assess what pool of players are available and go ahead and make those decisions from there. This will be a good time to step away and reassess where we are moving forward."

Is it time?

CINCINNATI -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel wasn't budging from his talking points on Thursday night. As he stood in a cramped interview room -- speaking in rapid-fire bursts and with his gaze focused on a row of cameras perched across from him -- he explained what he saw in his team's 31-10 loss to Cincinnati. Manziel talked about not doing the little things, the game being a tale of two halves and the need to avoid excuses. What he didn't touch on was something that is becoming all too obvious: The Browns need to see, once and for all, what he can do as a full-time starter.

It's kind of crazy that players aren't given some stability to develop. I don't like Manziel, personally, but this back and forth nonsense is not helping him in the slightest.

at 2-7 it would be nuts for the Browns not to play him the rest of the season at this point. If Pettine doesn't, he's just trying to save his job by thinking McCown would help his record look better in the end. Manziel played well enough that he deserves to get more of a look from the team. He's still only played a total of 4 games. He may end up not being the guy, but how the heck will they ever know if they don't let him play? What do they have to lose by playing him at this point? They aren't making the playoffs. They will get a better draft pick if they lose more games. They could get a top 3 pick in fact. It's basically what Oakland did last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's kind of crazy that players aren't given some stability to develop. I don't like Manziel, personally, but this back and forth nonsense is not helping him in the slightest.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either but he played well in the first half. I was surprised at how critical Pettine was during his halftime interview. He obviously has issues with the kid.

at 2-7 it would be nuts for the Browns not to play him the rest of the season at this point. If Pettine doesn't, he's just trying to save his job by thinking McCown would help his record look better in the end. Manziel played well enough that he deserves to get more of a look from the team. He's still only played a total of 4 games. He may end up not being the guy, but how the heck will they ever know if they don't let him play? What do they have to lose by playing him at this point? They aren't making the playoffs. They will get a better draft pick if they lose more games. They could get a top 3 pick in fact. It's basically what Oakland did last year.

I agree. I have never thought JM was a franchise QB but they have to go with him now. It would be madness not to, unless there is still some behavioural thing we do not know about.