McCown Out for the Season; Manziel Out with Concussion

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's FC? I expect he'll jump in soon to espouse the virtues of Johnny highball. He's just misunderstood and needs a change of scenery and it will all come together for him.

I'm surprised how quickly he moved on from the "the owner told him to go live his life, the loser coach and GM are getting fired anyway" angle he proposed at one point

There's actually something to this. Evidently Manziel's grandfather and extended family have been drinking heavily and "fixing" legal troubles they encounter, including DWI, for generations.

I can see where to Johnny, being in an alcohol-fueled fight with his girlfriend is "embarrassing but not serious" compared to the stuff his progenitors have gotten away with.

The good news is, with the trust funds and such, he's unlikely to wind up broke, drug addicted, and breaking into people's houses like Ryan Leaf.

The bad news is, with parents who care about him but still filled their car with stuff for him to autograph and had to be talked out of getting vanity JFFmom and JFFdad plates for their cars and who don't seem to have the first idea how to handle a kid having a temper tantrum, there isn't much grounding there to know right from wrong or understand consequences.

looks like we were on to something here!

Johnny Football: The NFLs Affluenza Teen

https://thecauldron.si.com/johnny-football-the-nfl-s-affluenza-teen-c0190f88652e#.g2jb0a4yf

Edited by YoloinOhio