Fire Doug Whaley signs

Rockee96

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ej is "bad". However,Ej is significantly better than Cassel. That is now factual. Especially without a line like that of the Cowboys. That whole portion of the Whaley sucks argument should be done with. Why is it still being used?

Cassel only joined the Cowboys a few weeks ago, while EJ has been with this staff since training camp, 'improving'.

I supported keeping EJ over Cassel as #2 at the end of pre-season... I admit I was wrong. Trading Cassel away didn't even really bother me until London. They are both garbage, but EJ is a special kind of garbage. He has "IT". JP had "IT" too.

I didn't read pages 3 to here... 13 or so at this point.

I feel bad for the OP.

At page 2 or 3, OP said maybe he (or she) went too far. But the thread rolls on.

At least it just between us family and our little jobs.

Not on Twitter and all that.. like poor Sammy (though I hope he comes back to kick azz, he'z got skillz).

There are several other scenerios that could have happened.

We could have had a 1st this year, another backfire. With that pick we could have selected a QB.

We wanted McCown, that could have worked out.

He traded Cassel, our insuance policy, backfired, and was left with Bambi.

We were negotiating with Locker, he abruptly retires, he could have been good.

After failing to find EJs replacement, he just complacently rolls with an inferior backup, knowing his potential, backfire.

And several other scenerios...

Whaleys risks backfired big time, which could potentially cost us the season.

He neglected the position.

Imo

See even with hindsight you can't say where this magic franchise QB was coming from. If they had the first who were you taking there, after Winston and Marriota there was nothing worthy of a 1st? McCown sucks worse than Cassel who he got for a 7th and flipped for a 5th. "and several other scenarios" LOL

See even with hindsight you can't say where this magic franchise QB was coming from. If they had the first who were you taking there, after Winston and Marriota there was nothing worthy of a 1st? McCown sucks worse than Cassel who he got for a 7th and flipped for a 5th. "and several other scenarios" LOL

wrong

You should try having some, yes.

Savage.

A Hypothetical Question required a hypothetical answer.

There are no right and wrong in the hypothetical world, just imagination.

Imo

Bruh you sound like a fortune cookie. You have about as much validity as one too.

McCown > Cassel. Easily. However Tyrod > McCown by a mile. I think you all are forgetting for some reason that we have more than 1 QB on our roster. Tyrod is legitimately the best QB we've had in the las 10 years. It's hilarious when you all say Whaley has failed us at the QB position. Yeah when you lose your starting QB, half of your Oline and your top 2 WRs, youre gonna lose games. It happens. I dont expect EJ to play like the next Tom Brady because he's only our backup right now. And after the Cowboys game, I cant believe anyone thinks we'd be better off with Cassel. We have the next great Bills QB, but right now he's injured. When he gets healthy again, we'll be fine. Essentially everyone here is complaining about Whaley after he "failed" by not finding us a backup that's as good as Aaron Rodgers. That's ridiculous. Some teams would love to have the QB situation we have because at least we have a starter.

Edited by Uffalo Ills

That tone you hear is just your self-conscious, my tone is polite and happy.

There is no need to apologize, but accepted.

Imo

Yep. Self conscious like an elephant who remembers everything.

Apologies for the great memory. Maybe you should repeat it 5 more times for me.

Ej is "bad". However,Ej is significantly better than Cassel. That is now factual. Especially without a line like that of the Cowboys. That whole portion of the Whaley sucks argument should be done with. Why is it still being used?

Because EJ being significantly better than Cassel isn't a fact at all. What evidence is there that proves that?

Edited by Bangarang

Because EJ being significantly better than Cassel isn't a fact at all. What evidence is there that proves that?

Matt Cassel's last 16 games

261 of 437 (59%) 3,012 yards 16 tds 19 ints

EJ Manuel's last only 16 games

308 of 521 (59%) 3,371 yards 19 tds 15 ints

I don't think he is significantly better, but we are talking about a 3 year guy and an 11 year guy. I also have a lot more confidence in Manuel than Cassel.

Edited by What a Tuel

Matt Cassel's last 16 games

261 of 437 (59%) 3,012 yards 16 tds 19 ints

EJ Manuel's last only 16 games

308 of 521 (59%) 3,371 yards 19 tds 15 ints

I don't think he is significantly better, but we are talking about a 3 year guy and an 11 year guy. I also have a lot more confidence in Manuel than Cassel.

They are both equally terrible.

The only major fail was promoting EJ to #2 and letting him see the field, we would be in a much better position if the plan went as planned, situations change.

EJ potentially sabotaged the year, again.

If what "plan went as planned"?

There appear to have been several fails. Not enough done for the OL was one. But as for "EJ potentially sabotaged the year", what is the objective evidence that Mr "My Long Ball is Shot, my Short Passes Wobble, and I threw 3 Picks v Giants" Cassel would have done a better job vs Jax?

I believe Cassel would have played much better for us than EJ. As a matter of fact, I believe Josh Johnson would have played better.

EJ has been terrible the last two games, historically bad, like worse in history bad.

Imo

You'd have been wrong, but that's not a first for you. ;) Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I always love how Whaley gets blames for the QB position. How was he supposed to magically go out and find another Jim Kelly? The Bills draft to far from the top for anything worth while, and I don't see teams offering up a top tier QB in a trade. Sam Bradford? BLAH

+1

In this post you prove yourself wrong by showing how many ways he tried to address the position, and then show the reasons it wasnt his fault.

Gotta say I read it the same way.

Edited by NickelCity

They are both equally terrible.

I kind of can't agree.

EJ is terrible like a sine wave. He has periods of absolute suckage, and periods where he makes some really really good on the money plays. The really really good parts make you feel like "hmmm, could he really have something? would he?" The absolute suckage makes you want to swallow your tongue and die. He's kind of like the Bryce Brown of QB.

Cassel is terrible like a flat line that runs down the middle of the sine wave. He sees the field, but his long ball is gone and his intermediate throws wobble and then, all those picks. Vets aren't supposed to throw all those picks.

So EJ and Cassel average out close to the same overall performance, but the details are different.

I have and have never claimed any insider knowledge but with the weird timing - we brought Cassel back at a discount, then we traded him off for not much after a couple games - I wonder if something went on in the QB room that led the team to say well, this isn't going to work too well. Because that would make a lot more sense than the "Whaley's Ego" theory propounded by the media.

Stevie Johnson and Chandler, the 2 most dependable and experienced possession receivers we had. It's great to have these flashy playmakers, but sometimes the vets bring mentoring and level-headed leadership that seems to be lacking right now. I also miss Spikes, because he set the tone on 1st and 2nd downs and made our D more potent.

seriously?

Because we're grieving and Blame is part of the steps in the process??