Bills will wear new red unis vs jets

FluffHead

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible. just horrible. at least its different.

Totally agree. There is a tradition to blue whether people want to acknowledge it or not. I don't want us to look like the AZ Cardinals or throwback Patriots. My fondest first memories of the 1960's teams, when I first started watching the Bills, was those beautiful blue uniforms against the green grass of War Memorial stadium.It's a distinctive color as it differs from all the other blues in the league (including the Giants which I guess would be closest). Even the switch to the battleship blue bugged me and I was so glad they canned those. Maybe I am just old but I'd like the tradition of this team to mean something. Giving in to these "third jersyies" to me is just a money grab by a team and leaguer that really don't need it. At least the Jets got to keep their green unis.

Edited by norton20

horrible. just horrible. at least its different.

How is it different? Our suits will look just like the Arizona Cardinals. And with the exception of the helmet color, the Chiefs and the red on red the Houston Texans wore a few years ago.

The new fangled Nike suits try to be different and cool and wierd. But to me, they all look the same. They're all designed from the same head space. Before Phil Knight took over the football uniform universe, each teasm's set of designers designed the suits from the ground up in a vacuum. Thus, they were different. Now since they're all done in Oregon with a computer program, the individuality of the teams has or is being lost IMHO.

How is it different? Our suits will look just like the Arizona Cardinals. And with the exception of the helmet color, the Chiefs and the red on red the Houston Texans wore a few years ago.

The new fangled Nike suits try to be different and cool and wierd. But to me, they all look the same. They're all designed from the same head space. Before Phil Knight took over the football uniform universe, each teasm's set of designers designed the suits from the ground up in a vacuum. Thus, they were different. Now since they're all done in Oregon with a computer program, the individuality of the teams has or is being lost IMHO.

I don't know what you're talking about. If you don't like the color, fine, but the jerseys are exactly like the Bills' blue and white ones -- only red. Same stripes, same design.

Red is red. The jerseys are not similar, aside from the color.

attachicon.gifpatsthrowback.jpgattachicon.gifbillsred.jpg

Yes they are similar. The only major differences are the stripe locations, otherwise, similar colors, similar patterns, similar font style. But, saying something is similar, is a subjective measure, and thus, I'll agree to disagree.

Again, I'm ok with them in a vacuum.