Final TD hold against Hughes

The Big Cat

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is vintage hughes...

single blocked, turns his back, doesn't set the edge.

another one solo tackle, zero sack, zero qb hit, zero TFL performance.

Relentless aren't you. Good job by Hughes to flush Bortles out of the pocket with pressure on what should have been a drawn penalty.

Phantom DPI call on Robey in tandem with a no call on obvious holding against Hughes on consecutive plays. Good job refs!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The argument for offensive holding can be made on just about every single play in the NFL. At some point, they have to let them play. And it hardly ever gets called that at that point in the game unless it's totally take-down obvious. Why torture yourselves with this?

Two game deciding calls right in a row. 3rd and 15? Meh give it to them, its our fault we are down. Game winning TD? Meh give it to them, its our fault we are up. :lol:

Meh. I've seen so much in my 18 years of existence that I'm over it. Meh. Whatever. Meh.

Meh. I'm over it. Bills lost because of Bills mistakes. Don't spot terrible teams 21 points next time and you won't have to worry about bad calls or no calls late in the game.

You can blame the Bills and the refs. Hell, you can also throw in some credit to the Jags who made plays when they had to. No one thing "caused" the loss, but all of them together were too much.

Relentless aren't you. Good job by Hughes to flush Bortles out of the pocket with pressure on what should have been a drawn penalty.

Phantom DPI call on Robey in tandem with a no call on obvious holding against Hughes on consecutive plays. Good job refs!

I was yelling at the TV about this one as it happened, was easy to see on TV.

In the replay though, you can't help but feel that Hughes is playing it up a bit - would rather than lean back to make it look worse that he just tried to keep going to take the QBs head off...

The argument for offensive holding can be made on just about every single play in the NFL. At some point, they have to let them play. And it hardly ever gets called that at that point in the game unless it's totally take-down obvious. Why torture yourselves with this?

Because there is an argument for the inconsistency of the officiating. If you are going to call pass interference on Robey the play before, then you better damn well call clear and obvious holding on Jacksonville the next play.

Meh. I'm over it. Bills lost because of Bills mistakes. Don't spot terrible teams 21 points next time and you won't have to worry about bad calls or no calls late in the game.

That might be true had they not done the improbable and come back to actually take the lead...

It was a brand new game after the Bills went up 4...And the PI call was an absolute killer... B-)

Bills lost because of Bills mistakes. My ego isn't so fragile that I can't admit that instead of blaming the refs.

Not a combination of both? It doesn't have to be black or white...

And that holding call is called most of the time, especially when it is out in space like that

I know your account is new...But that last sentence just proved how new it is... ;)

now that almost everyone agrees that EJ will NEVER be a franchise qb.......I can start turning folks attention to hughes not being worth big money. his once a year highlight tomahawk chop strip sack fumble return for a TD does not make a complete player like kyle, Mario and dareus.

This.

This.

Fine. But don't bail the opposition with a highly questionable PI call right before it.

Man I seriously thought that I was about to watch some gruesome knee injury

or something.

This was much worse, don't ever subject me to anything like that again!

You were warned. :nana:

This is when antagonizing the refs comes back to bite you.

That's total bull ****. Total, vindictive bull **** that has no place in professional officiating. Sorry. I don't buy this horse **** for one second.

In other words, go ahead and break the rules against this guy because we don't like him.

False. Doesn't work that way.

Fine. But don't bail the opposition with a highly questionable PI call right before it.

You were warned. :nana:

That's total bull ****. Total, vindictive bull **** that has no place in professional officiating. Sorry. I don't buy this horse **** for one second.

There's the way the world should be, and the way it is.

No ref is trying to help Hughes out. Not one.