Final TD hold against Hughes

The Big Cat

Poor teams never get the benefit of the doubt from the Refs. The Bills were far more often than not, poor teams in the last 15 years.

I agree, but look at the Ravens this year, they are a poor team this yar. John Harbaugh, who I think is a fine coach, is having a bad year and bad officiating is not helping his cause, is he a whiner when he openly critizes the refs for a couple of really bad decisions? More coaches should be more critical of the quality of reffing, regardless of fines or warnings from the NFL. I think they need to cross that threshold that is being critical of ref performance.

Do you think players like to bust their asses all year long being in top shape to play a violent sport and then on any given Sunday, go home a loser because a ref mistakenly threw a flag?

Look at Robey, the guy for the most part had a great day, he isn't a starter and his chances of making plays are not high, but the game is close and it's time to step up he reads the situation, his film study tells him the ball is going to a point/player, he plays it perfectly and is penalized by a ref? It's in his right to feel robbed and I can't really blame him when unprepared, unconsistent refs ruin the joy of his livelihood.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, yup and they just signed a 5 yr extention the week of the game.

Still waiting for someone to explain how the refs convinced our boys to turn the ball over 4 times. Pretty sure they couldn't give two ***** about what happens in London.

Hughes was already halfway past him. Then he gets the left arm in up to his chin and prevents him from passing because of the hold. I don't know the rule exactly but that doesn't at all seem to fit into the inside is okay explanation you gave. I understand what you are saying and you may be right. To me. He didn't get inside, you have to be almost straight up against the opponent to get inside. Hughes was already on his way past Joekel when he reached in and grabbed him. To me that is a blatant hold called almost every time.

Focus on the Bills o-line the next couple of games during passing plays. They'll do it too, and they won't get called.

Eh, I've seen much worse not get called so this isn't a huge deal to me. There was a hold on Dareus that was MUCH worse than this on another play and didn't get called. Dareus was running toward the play and the Jags O-lineman literally grabbed a fist full of the back of his jersey and held onto it. It was the most obvious hold you'll ever see and didn't get called.

There's the way the world should be, and the way it is.

No ref is trying to help Hughes out. Not one.

But that's not the way the world is. I'm sorry.

Forget the refs, who was covering the receiver on that play?

Awful coverage.

https://vine.co/v/eYvMF3Kalri

Graham apparently pulled his hammy.

But, as I've been screaming to anyone who will listen: our safeties have been AWFUL. Just awful.

Focus on the Bills o-line the next couple of games during passing plays. They'll do it too, and they won't get called.

The moment Hughes has his back to the guy but somehow has his momentum halted...what could the O-lineman POSSIBLY be doing to him that's even remotely legal?

Edited by The Big Cat

But that's not the way the world is. I'm sorry.

https://vine.co/v/eYvMF3Kalri

Graham apparently pulled his hammy.

The moment Hughes has his back to the guy but somehow has his momentum halted...what could the O-lineman POSSIBLY be doing to him that's even remotely legal?

I don't know what to tell you if you don't think there's an actual reason to PF flags being thrown on Hughes for nothing.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't think there's an actual reason to PF flags being thrown on Hughes for nothing.

Then the Bills should file a grievance against the league and appeal to every high court in the land until every last NFL game in 2015, Bills or otherwise is vacated.

You can't just shrug your shoulders and say "oh well, refs hate Hughes." If that's the case, then the Bills have been systematically put at a competitive advantage by conspiring league officials.

I happen to NOT think that's the case.

I just think they're !@#$ing lousy at their jobs.

Then the Bills should file a grievance against the league and appeal to every high court in the land until every last NFL game in 2015, Bills or otherwise is vacated.

You can't just shrug your shoulders and say "oh well, refs hate Hughes." If that's the case, then the Bills have been systematically put at a competitive advantage by conspiring league officials.

Everyone is lousy at their jobs!! Youre a ***tty lion and Im a poor excuse for a fisherman. Edited by Captain_Quint

now that almost everyone agrees that EJ will NEVER be a franchise qb.......I can start turning folks attention to hughes not being worth big money. his once a year highlight tomahawk chop strip sack fumble return for a TD does not make a complete player like kyle, Mario and dareus.

He was a stud for two seasons and just like every other player on D, has regressed under Rexy.

To me this was a worse infraction than what Urbik got flagged for vs Giants. Seems refs make these calls on big plays. My only guess is that the refs huddled and decided that they missed the pi on Graham's and just gave it to them. Edited by GG

I don't think it's systematic. I think it's, at most, subconscious.

Be nice if Jerry and the rest of the fellas could have earned some benefit of the doubt with officials around the league.

GO BILLS!!!

Bingo.

They held Dareus all day without getting flagged too.

Look, for the Bills it's 11 on 18, it's just the way it's going to be. They even got bad calls in the Colts and Dolphins game.

They're going to have to play well enough that the bad calls don't hurt them.

Confirmation bias isn't a conspiracy.

Whether or not it's warranted, or the way the league works is immaterial. It's the very definition of conspiracy. A group of people banding together to not call the game fairly but to exact retribution for previous affronts to the rules. It's inarguable. Again, I think the Bills brought it on themselves but surely it is a conspiracy. They, as a group, don't make all calls equal as they happen in front of them, on purpose, for a desired outcome (not the score of the game but the punishment for being jerks before). That's a conspiracy.