The Big Cat

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm serious. Don't watch this.

Okay, you've been warned:

https://twitter.com/RQUINN619/status/659085700617404417

nah not really, would have been ticky tack (yes, the PI on Robey was complete crap, but that doesn't make that holding either)

My question, who was the Bills defender that looked gimpy trying to get to the receiver?

nah not really, would have been ticky tack (yes, the PI on Robey was complete crap, but that doesn't make that holding either)

My question, who was the Bills defender that looked gimpy trying to get to the receiver?

that was graham, looked like a groin injury (had his hand on his crotch).

all I have to say is wow this is like the smoking gun. Former Major League Baseball player and NY Met Lenny Dkystra Hired PI's To Track Umpires to get calls by using the info he got from the Private Investigators and used it to squeeze the umpires to his advantage. So he ends up leading the League in walks and on base percentage and gets huge contracts. He spent over a half Million dollars getting the dirt

on these Umpires and using it to his advantage.

Video proof https://amp.twimg.co...a9-f342d89d6da6

They're definitely aware of not giving the Bills the call if there is any doubt. This isn't subconscious. It's been going on for twenty years (not against the Bills, but the payback and not giving players or teams that they deem "don't deserve the call" the call. It's very conscious and happens all the time. It's not a conspiracy against the Bills it's a conspiracy against teams that do what the Bills did this year.

It's like two years ago when Patrick Kaleta couldn't go two shifts without getting a penalty because of previous indisgretions. The officials not only hated him but targeted him. He had to completely change his game to stay in the league. It wasn't subconscious it was very conscious. They didn't like him and they called penalties on him for stuff they wouldn't against anyone else. He brought it on himself to some degree but it's still a complete conspiracy without them calling a meeting and telling each other we are going to do this.

Kelly, can you cite some examples where The Bills were jerks to the refs this year? I'm not quite getting that part of your argument.

When a guy is running past you and you reach in "inside" it's a blatant penalty if you are holding. You have to be facing a guy straight up and keep your hands inside.

That is just not close to true. If you don't grab the jersey, it's not considered a hold; it is considered a damn good block. It's why teams focus on drafting long-armed OTs who have good "reaches".

all I have to say is wow this is like the smoking gun. Former Major League Baseball player and NY Met Lenny Dkystra Hired PI's To Track Umpires to get calls by using the info he got from the Private Investigators and used it to squeeze the umpires to his advantage. So he ends up leading the League in walks and on base percentage and gets huge contracts. He spent over a half Million dollars getting the dirt

on these Umpires and using it to his advantage.

Video proof https://amp.twimg.co...a9-f342d89d6da6

That is unbelievable. Thanks for the link! In the video, I saw the Sabres vs Flyers scroll across the bottom. Was this filmed yesterday then? This has to become a major story, no?

Wow. That's totally wrong.

Really, it's not. If you keep your hands inside defender's arms, it will not get called. Focus on it-- it literally happens on every passing play. It even happened to corbin bryant on the same play. It was holding in the 1960s, which was one of the reasons deacon jones had like 8 zillion sacks. The policy is there to protect qbs and help the passing game. The d-line players now are simply too fast and too good to try and block legally in the 1960s sense of blocking policy.

Really, it's not. If you keep your hands inside defender's arms, it will not get called. Focus on it-- it literally happens on every passing play. It even happened to corbin bryant on the same play. It was holding in the 1960s, which was one of the reasons deacon jones had like 8 zillion sacks. The policy is there to protect qbs and help the passing game. The d-line players now are simply too fast and too good to try and block legally in the 1960s sense of blocking policy.

I know what you're saying, but when a guy is beat and the defender is pushing past him, extending your arm across his chest and 'holding' him back with all you've got is...holding. The positioning of the two players DOES matter. You seem to be thinking of when two guys are face to face and the OLineman is holding inside of the pads. That's what won't be called. But Hughes beat the LT and got 'armbarred' for lack of a better term, then we he tried to come back and pursue Bortles he was grabbed and held back.

I know what you're saying, but when a guy is beat and the defender is pushing past him, extending your arm across his chest and 'holding' him back with all you've got is...holding. The positioning of the two players DOES matter. You seem to be thinking of when two guys are face to face and the OLineman is holding inside of the pads. That's what won't be called. But Hughes beat the LT and got 'armbarred' for lack of a better term, then we he tried to come back and pursue Bortles he was grabbed and held back.

I guess i really don't think joechel held him. I think he only got his arm in there and pushed, which isn't illegal. If he grabs the jersey, yeah, it's a hold, but i don't see him doing that.

I guess i really don't think joechel held him. I think he only got his arm in there and pushed, which isn't illegal. If he grabs the jersey, yeah, it's a hold, but i don't see him doing that.

I agree. At the time, I thought it was a blatant hold. Having watched it again, looked like a good block to me. Oh, well.

Then I will go back to the Urbik hold in the Giants game. By this standard, that was much less of a hold. I wouldn't care as much about the Hughes non-call if there was friggin consistency across the league. We lost two games because of inconsistent calls like these. I don't want to hear crap that Bills shouldn't be in a position where one play decides the game. In a parity league, one play usually does decide a game.

I agree. At the time, I thought it was a blatant hold. Having watched it again, looked like a good block to me. Oh, well.

I see what you're both saying. But what about after Bortles steps up and starts moving to his left? Hughes tries to pursue him and is definitely held up there. Maybe not the worst hold of all time, but with the back judge right there I'd expect a flag in such a crucial situation.

Then I will go back to the Urbik hold in the Giants game. By this standard, that was much less of a hold. I wouldn't care as much about the Hughes non-call if there was friggin consistency across the league. We lost two games because of inconsistent calls like these. I don't want to hear crap that Bills shouldn't be in a position where one play decides the game. In a parity league, one play usually does decide a game.

I think most if not everyone feels the same way. Just call it somewhat consistent. It's now like basketball, which is a joke with refereeing; you have to cross your fingers and hope you get the right crew, and if you get the wrong one (For us, that'd be Walt Anderson and co.) you already know you'll get f***** multiple times.

I see what you're both saying. But what about after Bortles steps up and starts moving to his left? Hughes tries to pursue him and is definitely held up there. Maybe not the worst hold of all time, but with the back judge right there I'd expect a flag in such a crucial situation.

When I watched it live, I thought he was kind of hooking him with his arm, which is why I thought it was a hold. And to your point, it looked bad because of how bortkes was able to step up.

By the way, the back judge missed holds all game. I saw a guy just grab the back of dareus's jersey like 2-3 times and it wasn't called.

That is just not close to true. If you don't grab the jersey, it's not considered a hold; it is considered a damn good block. It's why teams focus on drafting long-armed OTs who have good "reaches".

No. No. No. So wrong. You can't reach in and stick your arm in as a guy runs by you and all but close line him. That's a hold or illegal use of hands.

Kelly, can you cite some examples where The Bills were jerks to the refs this year? I'm not quite getting that part of your argument.

It's not jerks to the refs, it's jerks on the field. All the unnecessary roughness or shoving after the whistle or taunting when you're Ron friggin' Brooks.

No. No. No. So wrong. You can't reach in and stick your arm in as a guy runs by you and all but close line him. That's a hold or illegal use of hands.

We are just not going to agree on this. That wasn't even remotely close to a clothesline.

I don't actually think that Urbik held him, but he sorta made it look like a hold by the way he acted. It wasn't worth a call, but then again Henderson did hold on the same play, and it had a material effect on it.