When will Russ Brandon be held accountable?

Let me see if I get this right:

The team hired a new head coach, spent a bunch of money on players, had a ridiculous number of injuries, and then lost a road game where they were down their starting QB, top 2 WRs, #2 RB, 2 OLmen, and only other speed WR (note that they lost their backup RT during the game), so we should...fire the marketing guy?

Nice.

That pretty much covers it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, is that picture supposed to "prove" that he's making football decisions?

_dsc2934-2.jpg?itok=pNAuaJV0

^ This is a picture of Peter McLaughlin in Seattle's draft room. According to the Seahawks official site:

"Peter McLoughlin is responsible for all financial and business operations, sales and marketing, sponsorship, and administration of the Seahawks."

http://www.seahawks.com/galleries/2015/05/02/inside-seahawksdraft-vmac-draft-room#253681

http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff

This is beyond normal.

I will say it again: this thread is a misguided witch hunt.

On both statements: sure...let's just ignore performance on the field for this team, this season.

Both statement were made with regard to performance on the field this season for this team.

Next you will tell us these ladies had nothing to do with the selection of Dorsett by the Colts...

temp2015_0430_WarRoom_0049--nfl_mezz_128

Edited by Mr. WEO

Wait, is that picture supposed to "prove" that he's making football decisions?

_dsc2934-2.jpg?itok=pNAuaJV0

^ This is a picture of Peter McLaughlin in Seattle's draft room. According to the Seahawks official site:

"Peter McLoughlin is responsible for all financial and business operations, sales and marketing, sponsorship, and administration of the Seahawks."

http://www.seahawks.com/galleries/2015/05/02/inside-seahawksdraft-vmac-draft-room#253681

http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff

This is beyond normal.

I will say it again: this thread is a misguided witch hunt.

On both statements: sure...let's just ignore performance on the field for this team, this season.

Cool. Maybe that guy knows his place. Did McLaughlin ever hold the role of de facto general manager? Is McLaughlin on the phone on draft day calling other teams, or is he smiling and supporting the franchise?

Brandon has spearheaded the coach search multiple times. That's hardly the marketing guy's role. To absolve him from blame during his last 9 years of failure as a major figure with this team is simply naive. He's been way too involved with too many huge decisions for me to think it's a witch hunt. Sorry.

there is something disjointed high up there in the Bills FO

You have the mess last year between Whaley/Marrone, etc... along with various 'leaks'

Then you have Marrone willfully walking away from an NFL coaching gig (2nd time that has happened here in 10 years)

You see Polian who was set to take over walk away because someone in the organization was 'bad mouthing' him.

Then this year with leaks of Whaley 'going rogue', Manuel playing to compete for the permanent starting spot, etc.

Where is this stuff coming from and who is feeding it to the likes of Rapaport?

He is the President of the Team and runs the business side of the organization.

Thinking he has any control over football operations at this point--or at any point since January of 2013, is simply incorrect by nearly every account available.

Going after Brandon for the state of the on-field product is nothing more than a misdirected witch hunt.

Hear, hear, hear. The first thing Russ did when he took control from Ralph in 2013 was remove himself from football decisions and empower his people to make them.

But apparently that was all a part of a clever ruse by him to make the fans believe he wasn't involved so he could therefore be just as involved but take none of the blame! Diabolical. He was was working the phones on draft day, I bet he was the one who traded the picks for Watkins last year and was the one who cut Freddie this year too!

Cool. Maybe that guy knows his place. Did McLaughlin ever hold the role of de facto general manager? Is McLaughlin on the phone on draft day calling other teams, or is he smiling and supporting the franchise?

Brandon has spearheaded the coach search multiple times. That's hardly the marketing guy's role. To absolve him from blame during his last 9 years of failure as a major figure with this team is simply naive. He's been way too involved with too many huge decisions for me to think it's a witch hunt. Sorry.

And as soon as you show me where I said that Brandon deserves no criticism for any part of the last 9 years, then that discussion will become relevant.

He was given the reins in January of 2013. Since that time, football decisions have been on Nix and Whaley. Brandon signed off on everything since he had control over finances, but every football decision has been the call of Nix or Whaley.

It's not my fault if you don't believe that--the truth is the truth even if someone denies it

Let me see if I get this right:

The team hired a new head coach, spent a bunch of money on players, had a ridiculous number of injuries, and then lost a road game where they were down their starting QB, top 2 WRs, #2 RB, 2 OLmen, and only other speed WR (note that they lost their backup RT during the game), so we should...fire the marketing guy?

Nice.

LOL :wallbash::worthy:

We should fire him because he does his job well! :D

This site gets more comedic all the time.

The purpose of this thread was to point out that Russ Brandon deserves a fair share of criticism/responsibility as to the current state of the team. I did not state he is involved in personal decisions even though he has been in the past. He was directly involved in the hiring of numerous previous coaches as well as the promotion of our current General Manager. The Pegula's have stated they hired Rex Ryan but Russ Brandon was also involved in the interview process of all of the coaching candidates. He is not merely a Business/Marketing person in this organization. He is the Managing Partner and President.

He deserves as much criticism as to the current state of the franchise as Whaley or Ryan because he directly helped place those two in power. Brandon should have lost his job over the Marrone fiasco.

Because he is a "good guy" the press in this town has taken it easy on him.

The purpose of this thread was to point out that Russ Brandon deserves a fair share of criticism/responsibility as to the current state of the team. I did not state he is involved in personal decisions even though he has been in the past. He was directly involved in the hiring of numerous previous coaches as well as the promotion of our current General Manager. The Pegula's have stated they hired Rex Ryan but Russ Brandon was also involved in the interview process of all of the coaching candidates. He is not merely a Business/Marketing person in this organization. He is the Managing Partner and President.

He deserves as much criticism as to the current state of the franchise as Whaley or Ryan because he directly helped place those two in power. Brandon should have lost his job over the Marrone fiasco.

Because he is a "good guy" the press in this town has taken it easy on him.

Great take Mullet! :thumbsup:

Hasn't Russ Brandon himself basically said that he made terrible football decisons and voluntarily stepped away as soon as he could?

I remember similar comments. He basically said how much he was looking forward returning to the business side of the team.

On a side note...Just imagine if everyone this board proposed to fired were actually fired. After the bye week we'd have Rex, Whaley, Brandon, Roman and Thurman all looking for work.

My only thought is, how in the hell did Overdorf escape these mass executions? Get your sh#t straight Bills fans.

Russ has a big part in scouting and the draft process. He is definetly involved.

The guy is a sports genius, we are lucky to have him as the president of Buffalo sports.

Remember he was our GM not that long ago.

Imo

So using your logic, then any team that loses consistently like Buffalo, Oakland, Detroit, Tampa, etc. it's all the owners fault, so the owner needs to be fired. Brandon is basically the everyday voice of the owner, so in that position he's not going anywhere as effectively he is the owner from an every day operations public view.

Russ Brandon is not just "the marketing guy." He is the Managing Partner and President of the Organization. In the Front Office Hierarchy his name appears right below the names of the Owners and above the name of the General Manager. He was C.E.O. under the previous owner. He has been directly involved in the hiring of our previous 3 Head Coach's and 2 General Managers but yet I'm to believe he is not responsible for the current state of the organization?