Only 1 game out of wildcard

I await the results of our team's bye week. Did we get some guys healthy, did we make some necessary adjustments, etc. With TT, Sammy, Percy and Karlos in the fold, our offense is far more formidable. Get the D keyed in a little better and who knows? We could win 7-8 of our upcoming games. Right now, we don't look like a playoff team, but this is our chance to reset and get ready for a run, if we have one in us. I want to believe in this squad, dammit.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

Just take away brady, and that team is like 8-8.

Jets will crush us because this offense, even with Tyrod sucks against good D. Dallas and Pats are also losses so unless 8-8 gets you in, it's probably over. Oh yeah, you also have to win the rest of the games just to get to 8-8. This team is way closer to 3-13 than 9-7.

We do not know what this offense looks like because it is missing so many players

i would think not a single person here at the begining of this season ever thought that could happen.

Not at the beginning of the season but I'm not surprised it happened. Their passing game was doing well and our pass defense wasn't. As it turned out it was more their defense in that 2nd quarter.

Though I usually say Lets not talk playoffs this early in the season, but you have a valid point.

As bad as the Bills are / look, look at all the teams that beat them out for a playoff spot last season.

The Ravens 1-5, and Colts 3-4 don't look to a threat. Steelers 4-3 a bit.

Chargers 2-5, and KC 2-5 not so much.

I no longer think this is a play-off team. This looks like a 6-10, 7-9 team to me.

Unfortunately I agree. Even if we get everybody back after the bye, how long will they stay healthy? This team is too undisciplined and fragile to be considered a playoff type team. 6-10 sounds about right. The next 9 games doesn't look so easy anymore.

I admire the optimism of some folks, but here's some reality:

It is extremely unlikely that 9-7 will get you a wildcard spot - over the past 10 seasons, only 7 teams at 9-7 or worse have won a wildcard spot (17.5%). Some years even 10 wins does get you in.

If we assume 10 wins for a spot, look at the remaining schedule and show me how the Bills finish up the rest of the season at 7-2. NE @ NE is almost certainly a loss - show me which other game the Bills lose and they need to win the rest - those are some long odds (although Jim Carey might say, "So you're saying I still have a chance").

I admire the optimism of some folks, but here's some reality:

It is extremely unlikely that 9-7 will get you a wildcard spot - over the past 10 seasons, only 7 teams at 9-7 or worse have won a wildcard spot (17.5%). Some years even 10 wins does get you in.

If we assume 10 wins for a spot, look at the remaining schedule and show me how the Bills finish up the rest of the season at 7-2. NE @ NE is almost certainly a loss - show me which other game the Bills lose and they need to win the rest - those are some long odds (although Jim Carey might say, "So you're saying I still have a chance").

Actually, the way things are shaping up this year in the weak AFC, 9 wins could get you that last wildcard spot and possibly even both wildcards. I see us losing at NE, one of the Jets games and maybe that Cowboys if Romo is back. That would put us at 9 wins and with tiebreakers, possibly the wildcard. The season is far from over, especially with a number of our injured players coming back.

At this point I dont even want to think about wild card spots

Teams are going to win that will help us....teams are going to lose that will help us

We need to think about going on a winning streak.....and its all against AFC East opponents

This. Take care of our business and get a winning streak going. Then we can revisit this. Our season is over without winning 2 out of our next 3.

Lets all just chill. We are only 1 game out of a wildcard in a very mediocre AFC (outside of NE, cincy, and maybe Denver). We have half of our offensive starters returning from injury and a favorable schedule down the stretch. We can definitely get to 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs. Gotta believe!!

What are you talking about? We need to fire Whaley, fire Rex, fire Roman, fire the defensive staff, fire Crossman, boycott the remaining games till they re-hire Schwartz, tank the season for our savior Connor Cook, trade Shady back to Philly for Kiko, trade that injury prone bum Watkins to Cleveland and get our two 1st's back, make Polian an offer he CAN'T refuse, OL, OL, OL, in the draft and FA before/after we find a way to get Cook, and life on the board will be grand. As The Senator would say, "2016? 19-0 baby! :beer: " :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o