So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Patriots

2. Broncos

3. Bengals

4. Colts

5. Jets (4-2)

6. Steelers (4-3)

7. Raiders (3-3)

8. Dolphins (3-3)

9. Bills (3-4)

I think the wildcard is wide open in the AFC this year. A lot of the usual playoff contenders like the Chiefs (2-5), Chargers (2-5) and Ravens (1-5) are struggling. I expect the Steelers to finish strong with a healthy Roethlisberger back soon , maybe next week. The Jets have been impressive so far, but we all know Fitz is a liability so I don't expect them to run away with anything, although a soft remaining schedule certainly works in their favor. As of now we are 1 game back of the 6-seed and 1.5 games back of the 5-seed (Jets, who we still play twice)

The Bills just lost to the Jags so this all seems like a silly exercise.......but there is 5% of my brain that just wants to chalk it up to EJ playing and hope that we come out looking like the team we did in weeks 1 and 3 coming out of the bye. I think 9-7 might get the #6 seed this year.....so I wouldn't say the season is toast. It is bleek though, roughly 13% chance of making the playoffs as we stand now according to an analytics site I like, which sounds about right.

Win the next 2 though and that number goes up substantially. We shall see.

It is going to come down to us, Miami, or the jets for the last WC spot.

We win all three of those games (2 of which are home), then I think we get in.

The AFC is so weak this season....

Who will even come close to stopping NE* from getting to SB 50?

Is Andy Dalton our only hope?

The good thing is that the wild card is so wide open. Everyone expected Baltimore and SD to be right there and both teams are imploding.

Hopefully a wet mat.

I don't know what Taylor is, but in his last two starts the team put up a combined 24 points. That is not very good.

Right. EJ sure puts a lot of points on the board. I prefer it when he scores points for The Bills though.

I'm not convinced TT is the real answer either, but it would have to be viewed as a huge turnaround if The Bills do make it to the playoffs this year. The bye week will be key to that happening. The players need to sack up and decide what they want to be. Will they come out swinging or snoozing? That's the question.

We just got beat by Jacksonville.!!! Right now I don't believe we'll get to 5 wins on the season.. I can't believe you have KC as a lock for us to win! I don't care what the excuse is (pass interference, penalties, Injuries, so on) this team has fallen apart, it's a typical Rex coached team.. We'll get 5 wins if the players keep playing, if not we don't win another game..

I honestly saw are season ending with the loss to New England. Didn't want ot believe it, but in hindsight that sinking feeling I had then was correct

I could see the flaws then and they've been exposed again and again all season

While they mathematically aren't eliminated, there's more than mathematics at work here. The team is DECIMATED and poorly-led such that anyone with a pair of functioning eyeballs and half a brain KNOWS they're not going anywhere this year. The question then becomes how to deal with it? Cross your fingers and hope for the best? Or start preparing for next season by jettisoning overpaid and underachieving players and coaches who have no clue.

No one here can SERIOUSLY believe this team is a playoff contender. Not even close.

so your dumping NFLST?? You don't watch any other football and are not able to negotiate at least free NFLST? 10$ a game isn't a **** load.

What I have learned so far this season is Rex isn't the defensive guru people claimed, he is t a good headcoach as many said or expected and Greg Roman scripts a decent opening drive.

No I don't watch the other games that often. I usually go elsewhere for that with other people. I have wallowed in the shame that has been the bills, mostly alone in a sort of masochistic way since NFLST was first introduced. As you can imagine, I have used up all of my negotiating power over that stretch. Now that AT&T owns DTV, you probably wont see many people being able to negotiate much moving forward anyway.