So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Patriots

2. Broncos

3. Bengals

4. Colts

5. Jets (4-2)

6. Steelers (4-3)

7. Raiders (3-3)

8. Dolphins (3-3)

9. Bills (3-4)

I think the wildcard is wide open in the AFC this year. A lot of the usual playoff contenders like the Chiefs (2-5), Chargers (2-5) and Ravens (1-5) are struggling. I expect the Steelers to finish strong with a healthy Roethlisberger back soon , maybe next week. The Jets have been impressive so far, but we all know Fitz is a liability so I don't expect them to run away with anything, although a soft remaining schedule certainly works in their favor. As of now we are 1 game back of the 6-seed and 1.5 games back of the 5-seed (Jets, who we still play twice)

The Bills just lost to the Jags so this all seems like a silly exercise.......but there is 5% of my brain that just wants to chalk it up to EJ playing and hope that we come out looking like the team we did in weeks 1 and 3 coming out of the bye. I think 9-7 might get the #6 seed this year.....so I wouldn't say the season is toast. It is bleek though, roughly 13% chance of making the playoffs as we stand now according to an analytics site I like, which sounds about right.

Win the next 2 though and that number goes up substantially. We shall see.

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

I think Denver, Seattle or Cincy would have been better examples. Heck, that argument can be made about any other NFL team (except MAYBE Green Bay). Without Brady, sure, the Pats are mortal. Keep Brady in and replace ALL of those other guys with scrub practice squad players (which is what most of them would be on any other team) and they'll find a way to compete and win. They prove this year after year, yet most choose to deny it despite the overwhelming evidence.

I'm gonna go puke now. Doesn't change the truth.

Cue "cheater" comments in 3... 2... 1...

Edited by Felonious Monk

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

L - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

L - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

L - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

L - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

L - Jets

That would put us at 4-12. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

yes

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Stick a fork in it, done. This team is perhaps even more dysfunctional now than it was under Marrone. Thank god this'll finally be the last season I give a ****-load of money to DirectTV though... So between that, and the fact that I genuinely believe the new ownership will make this team relevant in the next 3-5 years, I've found a silver lining.

Stick a fork in it, done. This team is perhaps even more dysfunctional now than it was under Marrone. Thank god this'll finally be the last season I give a ****-load of money to DirectTV though... So between that, and the fact that I genuinely believe the new ownership will make this team relevant in the next 3-5 years, I've found a silver lining.

so your dumping NFLST?? You don't watch any other football and are not able to negotiate at least free NFLST? 10$ a game isn't a **** load.

What I have learned so far this season is Rex isn't the defensive guru people claimed, he is t a good headcoach as many said or expected and Greg Roman scripts a decent opening drive.

The problem with the Bills at 9-7 isn't that a 9-7 team might not make the last WC spot, it's that the Bills won't win that tiebreaker. They've already got 3 AFC losses (3-3) and will likely have more coming with their schedule.

Yeah that's what people said last year after we lost to the chiefs and dolphins. And we were competitive in the playoff hunt in the end. Everyone abandons the season too early. It is almost as if we are in a rush to declare the season lost. First person gets a prize! Part of the experience is living through each win and loss. We were never guaranteed a playoff spot.

We will be healthy off of the BYE week and we will see what happens then, because that is the only way to actually know - to actually play the games.

Case in point I am sure most of you abandoned any chance of us winning the game today after they were up 27-3. It certainly felt that way. But that is why you play all 4 quarters and all 16 games.

Edited by What a Tuel

Ok let's take away the following players from the Pats.

Brady QB

Edelman wr

Amendola wr

Dion Lewis rb

Blount RB playing hurt like shady is

2 starting offensive linemen

One of there best run stuffers Like are Kyle Williams

The best starting safety Like are Williams

And one of the best corners, we don't have mckellvn

Let's see how any team would do.

I don't think are season is over by a long shot

Let's get are players back and then judge this team.

:blink:

Man, maybe you've got a thick accent and were dictating that into your phone.

Otherwise, perhaps you should change your screen name to billsourback. Just a suggestion. :w00t:

I agree with your points about injuries, and I'd add that this is the first year under a new system too. They're built like a Frankenstein monster, and the beast is learning how to walk... while heavily bandaged.

Playoffs? Playoffs!?

Anyway, I think the best we can hope for is a disaster and we don't carry this mess into next season. Rex Ryan teams always are at the top of the league in penalties. You can't win like that, not to mention he's game planning against our strengths.

Playoffs? Playoffs!?

Anyway, I think the best we can hope for is a disaster and we don't carry this mess into next season. Rex Ryan teams always are at the top of the league in penalties. You can't win like that, not to mention he's game planning against our strengths.

Are you sure about that?

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2014

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2013

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2012

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2011

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2010

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2009

Other than 2009 when they were 9th, and 2010 when they were 6th, his teams were nowhere near the top of the League in penalties.

Yeah that's what people said last year after we lost to the chiefs and dolphins. And we were competitive in the playoff hunt in the end. Everyone abandons the season too early. It is almost as if we are in a rush to declare the season lost. First person gets a prize! Part of the experience is living through each win and loss. We were never guaranteed a playoff spot.

We will be healthy off of the BYE week and we will see what happens then, because that is the only way to actually know - to actually play the games.

Case in point I am sure most of you abandoned any chance of us winning the game today after they were up 27-3. It certainly felt that way. But that is why you play all 4 quarters and all 16 games.

To be fair, the people who said the Bills wouldn't make the playoffs last season were right. And there's a difference between understanding the path a team is currently on and thinking that path can't change. Right now the Bills aren't going to the playoffs. The odds are statistically very low. That's reality. Now if the team comes back from the break with Taylor hot and the team playing great around him and they start to rip off some wins, then things change. But right now that's wishful thinking.

As for yesterday, I actually called a comeback that would fall just short. I made the call at halftime. The reason for thinking it would fall short was EJ. I'd have been more confident with Taylor.

Edited by BarleyNY

I will say it a million more times. Until the Bills find a QB they will be a 7-9 win team.

You can fire as many coaches as you want, as many GMs as you want. Blame as many "aspects" of the game as you want.

Until you find a guy that can beat out a team who puts up 20+ on you, you are going to have the same season over and over and over again.

NO!

The wild card is wide open right now. Miami is going to get slammed on Thursday so we move up to #8 by virtue of tiebreaker.

Tonight root for the Cardinals to end any chance of the Ravens being a problem.

Chargers are out of it at this point.

The #6 spot (and maybe the #5 spot) is right there for the taking.

I certainly thought it was over because i thought 10-6 would be necessary for the playoffs, but it now appears that 9-7 could get us in. If we win against Miami and the Jets, we could well be in position. I don't see anyone coming out of the afc south, and the other 2 contenders are the raiders and the steelers.

I've said a number of times that that they needed to go 7-2 the rest of the way to make it, but I guess i didn't realize how level the playing field was in the afc. I think that both of the nfc wildcards will win 10+, however.

I will say it a million more times. Until the Bills find a QB they will be a 7-9 win team.

You can fire as many coaches as you want, as many GMs as you want. Blame as many "aspects" of the game as you want.

Until you find a guy that can beat out a team who puts up 20+ on you, you are going to have the same season over and over and over again.

Taylor is pretty good, i think. Can't wait for him to get back.

Edited by dave mcbride

I certainly thought it was over because i thought 10-6 would be necessary for the playoffs, but it now appears that 9-7 could get us in. If we win against Miami and the Jets, we could well be in position. I don't see anyone coming out of the afc south, and the other 2 contenders are the raiders and the steelers.

I've said a number of times that that they needed to go 7-2 the rest of the way to make it, but I guess i didn't realize how level the playing field was in the afc. I think that both of the nfc wildcards will win 10+, however.

Taylor is pretty good, i think. Can't wait for him to get back.

I don't know what Taylor is, but in his last two starts the team put up a combined 24 points. That is not very good.