Rapid Reaction - 10 Obs. About The Final Nail in EJ's Coffin

Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

10) This one is heavily on Doug Whaley. Trading Matt Cassel in favor of keeping EJ was the GM's decision and it was flat out the wrong one.

EJ is a train wreck. What today's game needed was a competent game manager. A QB that wouldn't have turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions, leading to 20 points for the opposition, would have been enough to secure a win today. Cassel more than likely would have been that guy.

Whaley is on the hot seat. He may have cost his team a playoff spot today by losing to one of the worst teams in the league.

9) Excessive celebration? Come on NFL. The Bills score to take the lead in a game where they'd already received last rites and they flag Graham for making the Hulk pose.

Hell, I was watching the game alone in a hotel room and I got up and danced a jig. Let them play No Fun League.

8) The Bills deserve most of their penalties, but that pass interference call on Robey was total BS. He made absolutely no contact with the receiver.

7) You have to be happy for Marcus Easley. His TD catch was a thing of beauty. It's surprising that the Bills didn't use the once highly touted WR earlier in the game.

6) The defense came up huge on those 4th down stands. They kept the Bills in the game and played the way a Rex Ryan defense should.

5) Don't let the 4th quarter rally fool you. EJ lost this game for Buffalo and he should have finally proved to any remaining supporters that he is a bust that has no future as a starting NFL QB.

4) Shady did all he could do to keep the Bills in the game today. I don't fault him for the fumble, he took a great head-to-head hit.

He's still one of the best backs in the NFL.

3) Four turnovers, three on fumble/pick machine EJ, were the story of the game today. The Bills almost won in spite of them, but would have won in a cake walk without them.

2) One bright spot during this recent skid is the play of Chris Gragg. If Tyrod can keep him involved after the bye the passing game might really take off.

It's been a long time since the Bills have had two TE receiving threats to put on the field at one time.

1) The bye week couldn't come at a better time. This team needs Tyrod back and EJ as far from under center as is humanly possible.

The playoffs are still possible, but losing to a sad sack team like the Jags makes the number 16 far closer to being linked with the phrase " and counting."

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

My three observations:

3) Shady's fumble was a killer. But he was productive today - clearly the most dynamic guy on a depleted offense.

2) When EJ wasn't truly awful, he wasn't bad. But the the truly awful moments cost us the game.

1) This was on of the most bitter, heartbreaking losses since the Music City Miracle.

My three guesses:

3) Substance abuse and suicide attempts will hit a peak today in WNY today.

2) At least a few fans will foreswear their Bills loyalty after this game. I can hear disappointed claims of "I'm done with the Bills!" echoing in Buffalo living rooms and Bills Backer bars across the country.

1) It won't be long before many of us start saying with false optimism, "Well, there's always next year."

Really, I'm not at all defending EJ, while I agree not likely he gives up two touchdowns, also doubt Cassel makes the TD passes either.

10 - correct. Cassel at QB, frustrating us with all those 5 yard dinks and dumps, but we almost certainly win this game. EJ went out an lost it. Oh, he almost got it back, but that first half was all on him.

My three guesses:

This is a pretty ignorant statement and not something that has a place on this board. Suicide and substance abuse shouldn't be mentioned in regards to the outcome of a football game.

Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

10) This one is heavily on Doug Whaley. Trading Matt Cassel in favor of keeping EJ was the GM's decision and it was flat out the wrong one.

EJ is a train wreck. What today's game needed was a competent game manager. A QB that wouldn't have turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions, leading to 20 points for the opposition, would have been enough to secure a win today. Cassel more than likely would have been that guy.

Whaley is on the hot seat. He may have cost his team a playoff spot today by losing to one of the worst teams in the league.

9) Excessive celebration? Come on NFL. The Bills score to take the lead in a game where they'd already received last rites and they flag Graham for making the Hulk pose.

Hell, I was watching the game alone in a hotel room and I got up and danced a jig. Let them play No Fun League.

8) The Bills deserve most of their penalties, but that pass interference call on Robey was total BS. He made absolutely no contact with the receiver.

7) You have to be happy for Marcus Easley. His TD catch was a thing of beauty. It's surprising that the Bills didn't use the once highly touted WR earlier in the game.

6) The defense came up huge on those 4th down stands. They kept the Bills in the game and played the way a Rex Ryan defense should.

5) Don't let the 4th quarter rally fool you. EJ lost this game for Buffalo and he should have finally proved to any remaining supporters that he is a bust that has no future as a starting NFL QB.

4) Shady did all he could do to keep the Bills in the game today. I don't fault him for the fumble, he took a great head-to-head hit.

He's still one of the best backs in the NFL.

3) Four turnovers, three on fumble/pick machine EJ, were the story of the game today. The Bills almost won in spite of them, but would have won in a cake walk without them.

2) One bright spot during this recent skid is the play of Chris Gragg. If Tyrod can keep him involved after the bye the passing game might really take off.

It's been a long time since the Bills have had two TE receiving threats to put on the field at one time.

1) The bye week couldn't come at a better time. This team needs Tyrod back and EJ as far from under center as is humanly possible.

The playoffs are still possible, but losing to a sad sack team like the Jags makes the number 16 far closer to being linked with the phrase " and counting."

WRT #4, I don't know that Shady tries to keep that play alive and takes that hit trying desperately to get into the EZ if he has any faith in the team's ability to punch it in from the 4 yd line. Looked to me like a player trying to do it all himself, and with good reason.

My three observations:

1) It won't be long before many of us start saying with false optimism, "Well, there's always next year."

Actually, what makes you think next year will be any different? Ryan will still be here, Whaley will still be here, our QB situation will still be bad (seriously, does anyone think Tyrod's the long term answer and can be an elite NFL QB?) and that's about it.....

The Cassel love around here is insane. Bills fans always love the guy they don't have. I'm not saying EJ was great, but people saying Cassel's presence would have made this a definite win is just nuts.

The only way the Bills lose this game is if the star QB turns the ball over 3 times leading to 3 TDs for the opposition. Cassel, I'm willing to wager, would not have done that.

My three observations:

3) Shady's fumble was a killer. But he was productive today - clearly the most dynamic guy on a depleted offense.

2) When EJ wasn't truly awful, he wasn't bad. But the the truly awful moments cost us the game.

1) This was on of the most bitter, heartbreaking losses since the Music City Miracle.

My three guesses:

2) At least a few fans will foreswear their Bills loyalty after this game. I can hear disappointed claims of "I'm done with the Bills!" echoing in Buffalo living rooms and Bills Backer bars across the country.

"Most dynamic"?