If Cassel plays decently, is that it for Whaley?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is he wishing him to be something he isn't? Taylor is the starting QB, EJ is/was the developmental guy. It took a season and a half to get him in that role, but that's where he is.

I don't believe for a second that was Whaley's preference and I think Whaley got Cassel out of there for the purpose of getting EJ to #2 on the depth chart.

The fact that he was trying to push Manuel on prospective coaches as the starter is disconcerting also. It's not any one move, but rather the pattern of behavior that makes the conclusion fairly easy to draw.

I don't believe for a second that was Whaley's preference and I think Whaley got Cassel out of there for the purpose of getting EJ to #2 on the depth chart.

The fact that he was trying to push Manuel on prospective coaches as the starter is disconcerting also. It's not any one move, but rather the pattern of behavior that makes the conclusion fairly easy to draw.

He doesn't set the depth chart, just the roster. Cassel was traded because he's terrible.

That's the point. He couldn't set the depth chart so the only way he could get Manuel to #2 was to get Cassel out of there.

That's a lot of unfounded speculation to make that conclusion. I know there are stories out there in the media, conflicting reports about internal strife over EJ, but that doesn't make those reports true.

And you know I respect your opinion, I'm not trying to be obstinate.

Edited by GreggyT

Cassel is terrible, but he is experienced and can clear his head of the bad play. EJ's head was scrambled when he threw the pick from the fumble and mistake piled up on mistake. I think with a vet you maybe avoid that.

Long and short we need to draft a Quarterback regardless of how Tyrod plays down the stretch (and if he misses more than another 2 games then I will be officially on board with tanking).

Cassel is terrible, but he is experienced and can clear his head of the bad play. EJ's head was scrambled when he threw the pick from the fumble and mistake piled up on mistake. I think with a vet you maybe avoid that.

Long and short we need to draft a Quarterback regardless of how Tyrod plays down the stretch (and if he misses more than another 2 games then I will be officially on board with tanking).

EJ payed a pretty decent game after they got out of the half. Cassel just threw back-to-back picks as well, so not sure how much he "cleared his head". We'll see I guess.

Maybe Whaley should be fired for almost going into the season with EJ Manuel AND Matt Cassel on the roster!

In all seriousness - the Bills and Sabres are otherwise well-built teams that have ignored the most critical position in their respective sport. At some point, Terry may wake up and realize this, no?

EJ payed a pretty decent game after they got out of the half. Cassel just threw back-to-back picks as well, so not sure how much he "cleared his head". We'll see I guess.

I am not defending Cassel and I know EJ made some nice throws later. Much of a muchness for me. I'm not sure we win that game with Cassel today any more than we win it with EJ.... but if we do it is because of that bit of vet know how and nothing else.