If Cassel plays decently, is that it for Whaley?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have inside information, that discussion is nothing more than conjecture and opinion.

I trust adam schefter. I don't know when he's been wrong about this sort of thing before. Do you?

Frankly, i don't understand how most fans see the bills as a normal organization. They aren't; despite the occasional small success, they are a train wreck.

Edited by dave mcbride

I trust adam schefter. I don't know when he's been wrong about this sort of thing before. Do you?

Schefter isn't as reliable as he once was after the ridiculous Doug Marrone hot coaching candidate story he was pushing and other false reports.

Hell. Last week he said Tyrod would be active.

Frankly, i don't understand how most fans see the bills as a normal organization. They aren't; despite the occasional small success, they are a train wreck.

So you've completely blanked on how he covered the St.Doug fallout?

Schefter isn't as reliable as he once was after the ridiculous Doug Marrone hot coaching candidate story he was pushing and other false reports.Hell. Last week he said Tyrod would be active.

Beat me to it.

Yep. Pegs really would've been better off cleaning house and getting rid of anyone associated with Ralph.

Edited by Rico

Beat me to it.

Beat me to it.

Apparently. But if he did, he's still one of the best in the biz. I'll put my trust in him still.

Let me ask you this: how many gm's without contract extensions get said extensions after a failure of a season in which a ton of money was spent? Answer: none.

The bills may of course go 7-2, but i'd bet against that happening.

It matters not. Once Whaley went "all in" on EJ he may as well have drafted him. Desperately, pathetically, and stupidly clinging to the belief that EJ was going to be the guy was far more destructive than the pick itself.

Remind me when he desperately clinged to forcing him on everyone?

Apparently. But if he did, he's still one of the best in the biz. I'll put my trust in him still.

Let me ask you this: how many gm's without contract extensions get said extensions after a failure of a season in which a ton of money was spent? Answer: none.

How many teams win with their backup QB and without their top two WR and backup RB and backup right side of the line. None.

The amount spent has no bearing, it really doesn't because the roster has been built on the cheap for so long and the investment this year was necessary to have a competitive roster. It's year one of a new staff, and the roster has been plagued with key injuries. It's not as if the Bills outrageously overspent on anyone this year. They got Hughes on the cheap, extended McCoy (to a rich but not excessive contract), and played cap games w Miami to get Clay.

Plus, no one knows how Pegs will manage this team as an NFL owner, there's no history to gauge. Whaley could well be gone, but it's not a forgone conclusion. Especially in week 7.