London Uber drivers trash-talk Woods for being soft

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-robert-woods-london-uber-drivers-trash-talk-102115

"We were riding around with a couple Uber drivers who said we were soft because we wear pads," Woods said with a laugh, "So I guess we have to put on a show Sunday."

Maybe he mistook Woods for Goodwin...

Why would anyone use Uber in London of all places. Those are the best cab drvers in the world. They have to go to school for years and commit the streets to memory. I'm told the license test is hellacious. And the cabs are cool.

Why even take a cab? Get and Oyster card and ride the tube. It's a great system, although relatively pricey for a subway.

Relatively pricey? It is ridiculously pricey compared to systems around the world... but my trusty Victoria line gets me from home to work 5 days a week... you only need cabs in London if you have restricted mobility or it is between 12.30am and about 5am.

Yeah the base ride price and the zone system make it much more expensive that NYC, which it is the best in the world.

a common misconception by people that don't know any better. you don't wear pads playing tackle football in your backyard when you are a kid. then you put the pads on and you figure out you can actually hit harder. not to mention the athletes in the US are just a whole other level than anyone in the UK

Woods is soft? Compared to what fox hunters? You know who is soft. percy Harvin! And Ryan's pass rush.

They compare them to rugby players. Of course, the games are different and the NFL is so much more violent than rugby. The pads contribute to this because NFL players to think they're invincible and do things rugby players would never consider doing. But it doesn't stop the English from thinking NFL players are "soft."

Edited by MDH

The same thing happened to me in Ireland a few years ago when I went to the Notre Dame/Navy game.. They are painfully unaware how big/fast/strong the guys are. The Ireland cab driver referenced rugby to make his point.. Once I figured out the lbs to stones ratio, I started rattling off some guys like Mario, Patrick Willis etc and he almost drove off the road and apologized for thinking that American football players were soft.

Are you staying in or near Kensington? i know a couple of Buffalo people on a charter. That's where their at. if so it might not last. OTOH go too sticky fingers for a burger and a pint or 3. Touristy but the owner is cool.

I'm staying in Kensington for the weekend. Good area, I expect to see lots of Bills gear.