6-3 is right there for the taking!

New England always scores 30+

You can hold them to 10 at halftime and they all of a sudden have 37 points on the board.

The Colts game is an example. You CANNOT play the "stay close and don't make mistakes" game against them. You can stop them 5-6 times and make them punt, then they can all of a sudden score 4 TDs on their next 4 possessions.

The Jets cannot keep up. I expect a Jets lead of 14-10 at the half, and a final score of NE* 37, Jets 20

Edited by TheFunPolice

Back in '08 Buffalo started off 5-1 only to finish 7-9. At one point, the team was 6-5 and people were still saying the Bills were in good shape. Unfortunately, Buffalo was trending down, but some wanted to rationalize that being 6-5 was good enough. A cloudy playoff picture though left them on the outside looking in for the post-season.

The point is, has the current team fought their way to 3-3 or just fallen backward into it? Are they trending up or down? I'd say they're back to the Bills of the Jauron years, albeit with more talent. They've defeated the bad to mediocre teams and lost to the good ones.

After the Thursday Night 11/12 game at the Jets I would hope they're 6-3 and playing lights out. Anything less and the playoffs are still a huge question.

Why? The Jests have less sacks (8.0) than Buffalo (9.0). What would give you the impression that they're so intimidating?

I get that impression not from checking sack stats, but by watching how disruptive they have been on the occassions that I've seen them this season. Maybe I just happened to see the highlight reel, but they looked very strong up front, and we don't really match up well in my opinion. Hopefully that turns out OK.

Back in '08 Buffalo started off 5-1 only to finish 7-9. At one point, the team was 6-5 and people were still saying the Bills were in good shape. Unfortunately, Buffalo was trending down, but some wanted to rationalize that being 6-5 was good enough. A cloudy playoff picture though left them on the outside looking in for the post-season.

The point is, has the current team fought their way to 3-3 or just fallen backward into it? Are they trending up or down? I'd say they're back to the Bills of the Jauron years, albeit with more talent. They've defeated the bad to mediocre teams and lost to the good ones.

After the Thursday Night 11/12 game at the Jets I would hope they're 6-3 and playing lights out. Anything less and the playoffs are still a huge question.

Then, by definition, they're not "back to the Juaron years".

all 3 would be fantastic but I'm trying to stay realistic. I think the Bills will split with the Jets and not sure the one they win is at their place, but you never know. TNF road games are brutal for any team.

Regarding the Jags... Bortles is a lot like Geno Smith. Nice deep ball, good size and talent, but holds the ball too long and makes poor decisions and back breaking INTs.

Yolo, you made the critical point in that Bortles holds onto the ball too long. We do very well against these QB's. I see Rex getting the message from the players and presses all four of our horses alternating with some good back up D Lineman.

That gets us into the bye to get healthy. Miami may be different under the new coach, but Tannehill holds the ball as well. This should be a win, but not sure on the Jets. They will lose to the Pats this week, but we have to hope the Raiders beat the Jets in their house. That would be nice to have the Jets 4-4 to our 6-3.

Jaguars

Dolphins

Jets

That's our next 3 games! So many are freaking out, giving up, etc. But this team has been decimated by injuries, adjusting to a totally new offensive and defensive system, and has played TWO undefeated teams.

With all that, they are 3-3. I would say they weathered that early storm. Now it's time to start building something.

6-3 is right on the table for this team. Formula?

#1 beat the Jaguars. No game is a gimmie, but they are very beatable.

#2 beat the Dolphins at home. You just dominated them in their place. Now they have all their assistant coaches running the show. It probably won't be as easy but obviously you know you can beat this team, and this time you are in your own place.

#3 then it's the Jets with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That one will be tougher, but if this is a playoff team you overcome Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think 6-3 is not only realistic, but almost should be expected. That would also mean 3 more AFC wins, which is huge for playoff seeding.

Then it's a showdown between the (undoubtedly) undefeated Patriots* and the suddenly surging 6-3 Bills on MNF!

Buckle up, because it's about to get fun!

While the optimism is great!

The reality is that the Bills defense was only mediocre with Aaron Williams, Kyle Williams, and unless Rex Ryan gets over his stupidity of running coverage schemes rather then blitzes the defense will probably only get worse.

The offense continues to be injury riddled, and we don't know the status of the skill players Karlos Williams, Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin or if Shady McCoy can stay healthy. Then, as bad as Henderson was playing RT he is still better then Kounandjio. Whats up with Tyrod Taylor with his injury and will playing on it this Sunday Aggravate it?

Then, I can see the Bills beating the Jags mostly because they are dealing with injuries to their starting TE, WR, and the Bills seem to be able to take away the opposing teams #1 WR. It really all depends if Rex Ryan continues to run his stank coverage defensive scheme.

OTOH, The Dolphins seem to have found some new resolve under interim HC Dan Campbell, and the Bills haven't won a home game so far this year :o RB Miller played better last week which took heat off Tallywhacker. Toss up!

The NY JESTS who currently have the #1 defense in the league, and have a top ten offense. If Rex can't get his defense to stop the QB's who can get the ball out quickly, then he won't stop Fitz. RB Chris Ivory is the #3 RB in yards so far, and WR Brandon Marshall seems to have found new life in NY. Advantage Jets

Then @ NE again with WR Brandon LaFell back on offense.

Really everything is dependent on mostly two things, injuries, and Rex Ryan's stubbornness with his defense. Is the man working to get fired from Buffalo so he can still make his 5 mill per Buffalo, and get a different job sorta like Marrone did? I really have no answer as to why Rex Ryan's brain suddenly loves soft coverage schemes over his past overload blitz scheme.

Ryan says sacks don't matter, wins matter. Well sacks and wins go hand in hand in my view simply because if you are beating the hell out of the other teams QB, and leading the NFL in sacks that will help win games. Sacks matter, as does creating havoc while getting pressure on the QB. Its a passing league right? Well then the more you can harass the other teams QB, and get pressure on him the better for the defense. The Eagles do not have better talent on their defense, and yet their scheme got to Eli Manning, and thus held the Giants to only 7 points.

Yolo, you made the critical point in that Bortles holds onto the ball too long. We do very well against these QB's. I see Rex getting the message from the players and presses all four of our horses alternating with some good back up D Lineman.

That gets us into the bye to get healthy. Miami may be different under the new coach, but Tannehill holds the ball as well. This should be a win, but not sure on the Jets. They will lose to the Pats this week, but we have to hope the Raiders beat the Jets in their house. That would be nice to have the Jets 4-4 to our 6-3.

but I was looking at an all 22 of the jets v Washington and it said Fitzy getting ball out super quick! Oh lawd the sky shall fall on TNF!! Edited by YoloinOhio

Jaguars

Dolphins

Jets

That's our next 3 games! So many are freaking out, giving up, etc. But this team has been decimated by injuries, adjusting to a totally new offensive and defensive system, and has played TWO undefeated teams.

With all that, they are 3-3. I would say they weathered that early storm. Now it's time to start building something.

#2 beat the Dolphins at home. You just dominated them in their place. Now they have all their assistant coaches running the show. It probably won't be as easy but obviously you know you can beat this team, and this time you are in your own place.

#3 then it's the Jets with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That one will be tougher, but if this is a playoff team you overcome Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think 6-3 is not only realistic, but almost should be expected. That would also mean 3 more AFC wins, which is huge for playoff seeding.

Then it's a showdown between the (undoubtedly) undefeated Patriots* and the suddenly surging 6-3 Bills on MNF!

5-1 was right there for the taking and we are 3-3

Jaguars

Dolphins

Jets

Yep, it will be HUGE for playoff seeding so we can go on the road and get a legendary smackdown dropped on us.This is NOT a team thats gonna make us proud in any playoff scenario.

Yep, it will be HUGE for playoff seeding so we can go on the road and get a legendary smackdown dropped on us.This is NOT a team thats gonna make us proud in any playoff scenario.

I disagree. We have to start somewhere and getting to the playoffs and breaking this losing mentality you all have is huge.

That first game would be most likely at Indy or the AFC west winner. If Buffalo is good enough to make it they got a shot in those games. It's after that it would get tough.

Then, by definition, they're not "back to the Juaron years".

They sure play like it regardless of talent. Losing to the top teams and winning versus the lesser talents. Playing down to the competition and unable to win consecutive games. I'll give it more time though.

Jaguars

Dolphins

Jets

I don't think any team should ever expect to win three straight games in the NFL unless Brady or Rodgers is your QB. Also the Bills will not have to overcome Fitzpatrick when they play the Jets but rather a very good Jets defense will be the issue in that game. These are three very important games though and the Bills should win at least 2 out of the three.