Tyrod Taylor ruled Out for Jags

YoloinOhio

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I heard the knee that he sprained was not the knee he uses to plant. I don't have confirmation of this but if true, it will be an easier injury for a QB to play with.

It's not uncommon for a QB - even one that runs a lot - to play with a grade 1 to 2 sprained MCL. JT Barrett played with one last year and he runs a ton. It really just depends on the player and nature of the injury. The trainers will not let him play if he isn't ready. It isn't his decision. He wanted to play last week, but they said no. I do not think it has anything to do with him being worried about his starting job. He is the starting QB and wants to play, period.

It's not uncommon for a QB - even one that runs a lot - to play with a grade 1 to 2 sprained MCL. JT Barrett played with one last year and he runs a ton.

And how did that work out?

he won every game, broke the big 10 TD record, and was 5th in the heisman race. You do know he broke his ankle in the last game, right? It wasn't the knee?

Didn't know he broke it that late. But, the injuries to different parts of the leg can be related since the body overcompensates for the injured part and puts added stress on the healthy part.

Didn't know he broke it that late. But, the injuries to different parts of the leg can be related since the body overcompensates for the injured part and puts added stress on the healthy part.

they weren't related. Urban was running him on every other play and he was on the ground getting tackled when his ankle got crushed by a defender.

I don't advocate TT playing before he is ready but he very well may be at this point.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I thought I heard the knee that he sprained was not the knee he uses to plant. I don't have confirmation of this but if true, it will be an easier injury for a QB to play with.

It's not uncommon for a QB - even one that runs a lot - to play with a grade 1 to 2 sprained MCL. JT Barrett played with one last year and he runs a ton. It really just depends on the player and nature of the injury. The trainers will not let him play if he isn't ready. It isn't his decision. He wanted to play last week, but they said no. I do not think it has anything to do with him being worried about his starting job. He is the starting QB and wants to play, period.

that won't stop some idiot from targeting the injured knee.

I fear a recreation of the RGIII incident where he rushed back too soon.

that won't stop some idiot from targeting the injured knee.

I fear a recreation of the RGIII incident where he rushed back too soon.

i think any player's knee can be targeted at any time. Again, it isn't his decision. It is the doctor's. If he is cleared, he is healthy enough to play.

i think any player's knee can be targeted at any time. Again, it isn't his decision. It is the doctor's. If he is cleared, he is healthy enough to play.

Agreed. If the doctors sign off then that is great.

jokingly - I hope the doctors are better than the Doc RGIII consulted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562251/article/tyrod-taylor-splits-firstteam-reps-status-uncertain

day to day with the reps being split with EJ

it is funny that somehow the writer got the notion that

There was some momentum within the organization that Manuel could win the job with a strong performance against the Bengals last week. A 28-of-42 performance for 263 yards (1 TD, 1 INT) didn't exactly go a long way in making that case, even though Manuel was able to spread the ball around a bit more.

Average yppp was 9.3. From some of the discussions on this board one would think that 9.3 was much lower if they didn't do the math themselves.

Not that bad for the backup.

That's quite the nuanced analysis. I feel enlightened now.

Glad to help Rob

Edited by NOVABillsFan

EJ looked really bad scrambling. I thought he was a bit of a better runner-- but he looked like kyle Orton out there.

do you not remember kyle orton moving around out there?

they weren't related. Urban was running him on every other play and he was on the ground getting tackled when his ankle got crushed by a defender.

I don't advocate TT playing before he is ready but he very well may be at this point.

that wont stop me in giving medical advice to a guy, based on an unrelated comparison, without having any access to his records or medical training of my own.

do you not remember kyle orton moving around out there?

that wont stop me in giving medical advice to a guy, based on an unrelated comparison, without having any access to his records or medical training of my own.

Kyle had the moves. Turn your back to the line and fall down was his favorite.

Kyle had the moves. Turn your back to the line and fall down was his favorite.

yea - ej wasnt mike vick out there, and i cursed him for that terrible spin move in the backfield that he does... but the dude moves around well for a guy his size. comparing agility and general flashiness to a guy that is faster, and much smaller and he doesnt impress though.

As a starting QB you NEVER willingly take yourself off the field because you might not get back on

however

In this case....I think the bills need to be really smart.....in my opinion it does not matter if it is not his plant foot there is still an imbalance and I think that is EXACTLY what happened to Sammy Watkins this past week......he was not playing at 100 percent......and it caused an imbalance to his lower body.....and boom....gets injuried at another body part.

With a qb who's greatest attribute is being one of the best athletes on the field....you gotta protect that player from HIMSELF if you want him to be out there long term.

If he is not ready to play....he should not play against the jags. The game is going to be determined by how the defense plays anyways.

If EJ starts, we lose to the Jags. To the freaking Jags. That would doom the season. The passing game will be difficult with no Sammy or Harvin. EJ doesn't have the running ability to make a Defense respect the threat. It'll look like the Titans game with no Tyrod's running to bail us out at the end.

A lot is riding on Tyrod playing this week.