EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

Tyrod scores in the second half to keep us in it. Instead of letting them score over and over and over unanswered. Maybe he throws a non-dumpoff on third and 11.

Tyrods ineffectiveness in the first 2-3 quarters help put us in a hole. If we are being real about EJ lets be real about TT too. If he were consistent we would not have a complete stink fest in the first half. Come on. Not even netting 60 yds of offense in the first qt 2 straight games? Thats pretty alarming. Whats he gonna do with Clay who is thus far our most talented skill player? I cant wait to see. Its time to look at the draft because both of the QBs have serious limitations.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread title is a pet peeve of mine because Manuel is spelled wrong. I'm not a perfect grammarian, but I can't be the only one tired of looking at the misspelling on the font page for an entire week. That is all. I haven't read anything else in the thread but RIP EJ Maneul.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i disagree with your disagreement.. but i agree with your assessment of his motivation.

you see, planting one's head up one's ass is the ultimate self-defense against an overwhelming level of negative external simulation. in the world of celebrated film, recording, and sports stars - which includes very limited and transient sanctuaries to criticism - one's ass can offer seclusion and clarity of purpose, but too much time spent in such a self-indulgent retreat from the tasks at hand will eventually suffocate, rather than comfort.

thus, i believe the proper course of action at this time, is for his head to be removed from his ass.

Either, you are a qualified physician, or have some real time experience in the field of self extraction.

Regardless, you are surely correct.. Its called the Ostrich effect in some disciplines, and another variation of cranial seclusion less severe is "wearing the blinder" negating all peripheral stimuli.

Setting the over/under at 5 grossly off target throws from Manuel tomorrow...

I am feelin' it.

Taking the under with a Win.

EJ is playing for his career tomorrow. The Jags defense isn't good. It'll be known, one way or another, if this cat is a #2 or done in Buffalo by noon tomorrow.

This is a defining moment for fans of his. and his detractors. i agree though.

His feet are wet. again. time to show off! If he can..

That wasn't my point at all. I think TT has played reasonably well thus far and I'm not trying to pick on him or say he shouldn't be starting. I think at this point he should. I'm not convinced he's the long term QB or that in the long run he'll be better than EJ, but right now I think he gives the Bills the best chance to win.

Having said that I also don't think EJ is the bum many on here want to make him out to be. While I think TT is better right now, I believe the gap is narrower than most want to admit. Both guys have struggled at times but they are both relatively green and both are operating in a new system with less than ideal circumstances injury wise.

Anyway, my point was that people have a narrative they want to spin and they'll look at very similar circumstances and say one guy is a bum while the other is a "playmaker." It's beyond ridiculous. They have "their guy" and they'll spin it any way they can to make him look good and the other guy look bad. Sadly, it reminds me of politics.

+1

Yes, because there's definitely no nuance involved. It's just "a loss."

It's not that they're just expecting him to pass, it's more that they are giving him the shorter stuff to prevent big plays.

I get that FC. I was being a little snarky.

But I think it's a little off to disregard EJ's stats when they look at all good.

Every QB is going to have drives/games when they play against a prevent defense and are allowed the underneath stuff, or the opponent's star CB is injured, or the star DE, or a wideout latches on to a poorly thrown ball and runs 60 yards with it, or whatever. That's all part of the game. EJ is hardly the only QB to benefit from something beyond their control. It happens all the time.

To my knowledge, no one is saying EJ played great against the Bengals. I just don't think he played poorly and I think a statistical evaluation of his performance is fair. Whether you look at yards, points, passer rating, QBR rating, or whatever.... they all tell the same story. EJ did okay - and just okay. And after watching football for 45 years, my eyes agree that this was an average-ish performance.

I'd go so far as to say, for a backup, EJ played well.

Either, you are a qualified physician, or have some real time experience in the field of self extraction.

Regardless, you are surely correct.. Its called the Ostrich effect in some disciplines, and another variation of cranial seclusion less severe is "wearing the blinder" negating all peripheral stimuli.

B-)

Tyrod hasn't started enough games to be tarred and feathered yet. I'm sure if we don't make the playoffs, he'll be looked at by fans.

God forbid the guy starts looking like RG3 or Colin Kaepernick. Because if he even comes close to that bad the torches, and pitchforks will be out instantly.

What we have here is neither QB is really that bad or that good at this point because both players are still developing. The bigger picture I tried to paint is that the QB's surrounding cast is still not very good, and we won't possibly see either one elevate themselves into a top starter until the surrounding cast is upgraded.

Like with anything else in life practice makes perfect, and its so difficult to win games when so many starters are out with injuries. How does either QB get into a rhythm with any of the star skill players when they are not on the field.

Kromer has to work some magic at RG and RT for any QB to develop.

They should re-sign Richie asap

We will find out how a back up QB (Cassel) can do behind a good OL

Edited by ALF

Kromer has to work some magic at RG and RT for any QB to develop.

They should re-sign Richie asap

We will find out how a back up QB (Cassel) can do behind a good OL

thats something i am looking forward to, for all the wrong reasons.

very good post besides : )

Edited by 3rdand12

Tyrods ineffectiveness in the first 2-3 quarters help put us in a hole. If we are being real about EJ lets be real about TT too. If he were consistent we would not have a complete stink fest in the first half. Come on. Not even netting 60 yds of offense in the first qt 2 straight games? Thats pretty alarming. Whats he gonna do with Clay who is thus far our most talented skill player? I cant wait to see. Its time to look at the draft because both of the QBs have serious limitations.

Tyrod didn't have Shady or Sammy in that game. "Let's be real."