EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

Tyrod is the undisputed starter, but if EJ scores 3-4 TDs and looks comfortable doing it then Taylor will have pressure to keep playing well. Nothing deep, it just "is what it is" as they say. I'm actually cool with having Taylor as starter and EJ as the backup for the long term. I think we might be good at QB for the next four or five years.

EJ will not re sign too sit on the bench. How is can be considered a " good " bench warmer is puzzling. what is that based on? he has won zero games off the bench. Hopefully he can stay accurate enough to pull one out against a league bottom feeder Sunday. teams do not pay whatever his asking price will be to sit. he will want to try and start somewhere. That will be Whaley's sale pitch.

IMO they try and trade him for a pick and draft another rookie with potential. They can get a 4 or 5 for him.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ will not re sign too sit on the bench. How is can be considered a " good " bench warmer is puzzling. what is that based on? he has won zero games off the bench. Hopefully he can stay accurate enough to pull one out against a league bottom feeder Sunday. teams do not pay whatever his asking price will be to sit. he will want to try and start somewhere. That will be Whaley's sale pitch.

IMO they try and trade him for a pick and draft another rookie with potential. They can get a 4 or 5 for him.

you need to relax a bit and lay off the anti EJ rhetoric for a while. There are plenty of "guys" willing to collect a few million dollars to warm the bench.

All the angst against a backup is unhealthy.

IIRC EJ will have $12 - 16 Million dollars to sit on and keep that bench even warmer if he's extended.

Funny, 3 TDs last week with 2 called back doesn't sound like a QB problem to me.

don't spoil their fantasy.

Also looking at the stats I was surprised t see that EJ had more passing yards than the Red Rifle with one less drive. TOP 30-30

http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400791627

Edited by NOVABillsFan

EJ is not going to have a "career game." He's not going to "light it up." He's gonna be the same player he always is. A guy who looks okay, then looks awful, then looks okay repeat repeat. He'll throw for 184 yards, an INT, and 1 TD. If we're getting blown out, he may get some more yards and TD's that posters will point to as "production," but scoring with 4 minutes left down 20 ain't producing.

Edited by FireChan

EJ is not going to have a "career game." He's not going to "light it up." He's gonna be the same player he always is. A guy who looks okay, then looks awful, then looks okay repeat repeat. He'll throw for 184 yards, an INT, and 1 TD. If we're getting blown out, he may get some more yards and TD's that posters will point to as "production," but scoring with 4 minutes left down 20 ain't producing.

C'mon man. EJ is going to show em what he's got. He has a canon for an arm.

Funny, 3 TDs last week with 2 called back doesn't sound like a QB problem to me.

He didn't really play well.

The offense had 4 consecutive drives of 3 plays in the first half, and gave the Bengals outstanding field position the entire first half. They also opened the 2nd half with back-to-back punts when they needed a score the most.

Once Cinci backed off and gave up the short stuff, they put one drive together.

You're also going to have to show me where 2 TDs called back by penalty occurred--the only game that happened was against the Giants.

don't spoil their fantasy.

Also looking at the stats I was surprised t see that EJ had more passing yards than the Red Rifle with one less drive. TOP 30-30

http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400791627

It's not fantasy to say that the offense didn't perform well. EJ did all he could, and unfortunately that's not enough.

I like the guy, but the offense went dormant for all but 3 drives.

C'mon man. EJ is going to show em what he's got. He has a canon for an arm.

Yes he does, and I wish I felt confident that he'd get to use it this game.

Unfortunately, missing the right side of the OL, their top 2 WRs, their #2 RB, and their only other speed WR is going to make it very, very difficult for him to throw the ball downfield.

If we are down 20 to Jacksonville, and none of those 20 points represents a defensive or special teams TD scored by the Jaguars, we have far more problems than EJ Manuel being the same player he always is.

GO BILLS!!!

If we are down 20 to Jacksonville, and none of those 20 points represents a defensive or special teams TD scored by the Jaguars, we have far more problems than EJ Manuel being the same player he always is.

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree. I don't even fault him for the majority of the Bengals loss. But him putting up 1 TD in the second half with 4 minutes left in the game down 20 points isn't a cause for celebration either.

Edited by FireChan

This.

EJ is a competent backup. He has accuracy issues despite a pretty good arm, mobility, and size. He likely won't get the playing time needed to improve his decision making and accuracy isn't something that can be that dramatically improved.

EJ has a career as a back up QB he can play conservative if needed and has some solid tools. But overall I think he just never had the accuracy needed to be a QB at the pro-level. Tyrod on the other hand I think can be an NFL QB if given an O-line and the weapons stay healthy.

What about scoring a TD with 5:30 minutes left down 18? Is that producing?

So you are down to beating up on EJ for a game he hasn't even played yet?