EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We scored 21 points, rolled up 368 yards - more than Cincy on fewer drives - and achieved 22 first downs. That's not bad production, especially when you considered how banged up we were.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, EJ earned an average-ish passer rating and QBR for the game.

EJ's production was about what you'd expect from an average starting QB in the NFL.

He wasn't great... but I can't understand all the negativity directed his way. For a backup, he played well.

In fact, I thought he played better than Russel Wilson did in last nights' Seattle win.

Edited by hondo in seattle

We scored 21 points, rolled up 368 yards - more than Cincy on fewer drives - and achieved 22 first downs. That's not bad production, especially when you considered how banged up we were.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, EJ earned an average-ish passer rating and QBR for the game.

EJ's production was about what you'd expect from an average starting QB in the NFL.

He wasn't great... but I can't understand all the negativity directed his way. For a backup, he played well.

In fact, I thought he played better than Russel Wilson did in last nights' Seattle win.

122 of those yards and 7 of those points came when we were down by 20 with 10 minutes to go.

122 of those yards and 7 of those points came when we were down by 20 with 10 minutes to go.

Consequently, they don't count.

Yet, all the Hotrod Taylor completions late in the Patsies* game (which was too little too late) do.

That's just how TBD works. You should know that by now Hondo.

Edited by reddogblitz

Once coverage got soft toward end of game he picked up BS yards and stats. On paper it may seem average-ish. Watching the game it was clear that he is below average. Again, the first throw to clay that the refs gifted to him as a catch sustained the first TD drive. He was off target all day. Late on throws. Short on the interception meant for Hogan. Now EJ comes up with a new excuse that he was playing too much from what he saw on film and not just playing football. Last week it was my 1st game in a year. After he was benched it was I'm just gonna let it rip the next time I get my chance. He didn't! Watching him burp that baby for seven seconds and taking a 13 yard loss on a sack says it all.

EJ Please prove me wrong.

Cheerio Bills!

Yet, all the Hotrod Taylor completions late in the Patsies* game (which was too little too late) do.

Taylor brought us to a point where we could win. EEeeeeeeeeJ didn't.

Honestly. It makes a difference.

If Taylor got completions, yards and TD's, but the Pats still won by 2+ scores, there'd be a lot more folks calling it garbage time stat padding.

Yes, but the first couple of TDs until we got to where we could win (but didn't) were garbage time until we got to 8 back and the Patsies** started playing D again. Really liked the way TT tomahawked the football out of Tommy's hand. That was sweet.

Yes, but the first couple of TDs until we got to where we could win (but didn't) were garbage time until we got to 8 back and the Patsies** started playing D again. Really liked the way TT tomahawked the football out of Tommy's hand. That was sweet.

Yes, Tyrod caught a break to make an actual comeback attempt. He still did make a comeback.

EJ didn't. Is that entirely his fault? No. But you'll excuse me if I consider 3 TD's in 8 minutes to cut the lead to 8 to be much more impressive than 1 in the second half down 20.

Edited by FireChan

The only good thing that the tomahawk strip fumbled showed was that a fully inflated ball is harder to hold on to. Remember #55's tomahawk at the Ralph last year that seemed to be glued to TB's hand? Just saying, not that it matters.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Just to be clear I do not think EJ stinks out loud. In the Pats* game we were within 5 points with time left and within 8 points with the ball that in no way resembles what Cinci did to us. Clearly both Cinci and the Pats* were in prevent mode in the fourth, the big difference is when Taylor was in we weren't getting 5 to 10 up the middle and eating up clock, we were flying down the field getting points quick the Pats* did not execute what they were trying to do, we did.

Just to be clear I do not think EJ stinks out loud. In the Pats* game we were within 5 points with time left and within 8 points with the ball that in no way resembles what Cinci did to us. Clearly both Cinci and the Pats* were in prevent mode in the fourth, the big difference is when Taylor was in we weren't getting 5 to 10 up the middle and eating up clock, we were flying down the field getting points quick the Pats* did not execute what they were trying to do, we did.

We still lost. It was too little too late. What EJ did vs Cincy and what Hotrod did vs Patsies** both count as losses. If you're good with that, cool.

I guess we have to say that Hotrod got us a prettier loss for whatever good that is.

Really though, they were both victims of a horrible D performance in these 2 games.

Whose choice was it to run in the 4th vs Cincy? I'm sure EJ was audibling out of for sure pass plays and into runs. Is that what you're saying?

I'm not saying Hotrod is bad and EJ is good. I'm just saying neither of them were able to get it done in the games in discussion. Losing by 13 and losing by 8 are both losing no matter how you slice it.

Edited by reddogblitz

Only the second half of the Titans game actually counts. The first half was just a bad dream.

Yes, Tyrod caught a break to make an actual comeback attempt. He still did make a comeback.

EJ didn't. Is that entirely his fault? No. But you'll excuse me if I consider 3 TD's in 8 minutes to cut the lead to 8 to be much more impressive than 1 in the second half down 20.

EJ cut the lead to 3 points by the half. Sorry that the vaunted Rex Ryan defense let the Bengals march 90 yards and 70 yards on two straight possessions after the half.

We still lost. It was too little too late. What EJ did vs Cincy and what Hotrod did vs Patsies** both count as losses. If you're good with that, cool.

I guess we have to say that Hotrod got us a prettier loss for whatever good that is.

Really though, they were both victims of a horrible D performance in these 2 games.

Whose choice was it to run in the 4th vs Cincy? I'm sure EJ was audibling out of for sure pass plays and into runs. Is that what you're saying?

I'm not saying Hotrod is bad and EJ is good. I'm just saying neither of them were able to get it done in the games in discussion. Losing by 13 and losing by 8 are both losing no matter how you slice it.

I'm not really sure what you're saying. Do you think all yards should be counted as equal garbage time or not?

The difference between the 4 quarter yards vs the Pats* and Cinci is that the Bills did not allow the Pats* to execute their prevent plan during most of the 4th quarter and the Bills did allow Cinci to execute their prevent plan.

you need to relax a bit and lay off the anti EJ rhetoric for a while. There are plenty of "guys" willing to collect a few million dollars to warm the bench.

All the angst against a backup is unhealthy.

IIRC EJ will have $12 - 16 Million dollars to sit on and keep that bench even warmer if he's extended.

don't spoil their fantasy.

Also looking at the stats I was surprised t see that EJ had more passing yards than the Red Rifle with one less drive. TOP 30-30

http://espn.go.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400791627

must be fudged equations

just rerun the numbers. I am sure you can find fault in EJM last Sunday somewhere, like crows pick at dead squirrels that drowned in the above ground pool and you tossed into the weeds of the neighbors yard.

But comparing to Dalton is not worth time. Comparing EJM to anyone is kinda silly actually. first game in year, first game listed as starter due to injury.

Just yet another reason to watch the game. and then rewatch it.

stats are what so many folks are hanging on to make points.

they are fine for tracking, and then predicting trends. But the never tell the story of the day. Much less the play/ statistics are for folks who do not watch as much but like to talk about football. Thats cool too

Looking forward to the Game. How Roman uses Manuel and his depleted Core.

i would put all my marbles in on this game.

Whaley should just either cut or trade away EJ and move on, he should have given up those two number ones and more for the QB we will be facing Sunday. EJ is a great kid and better talker but is not an starting NFL franchise QB. Time to move on and get it right, this league is all about passing the ball and scoring points. As we have seen having expensive defensive players means nothing.

Edited by Niagara Dude

for all the talk about the Tyrod almost comeback attempt how about his lack of first half performance all year that gets us in those positions ? EJ has 3 Game winning drives in his few starts... I'm not saying he is the answer but to say he can't be a desired backup or fitz type guy isn't out of the question....Tyrod cant see over the line and scrambles to throw down field. EJ can stay in the pocket which is a plus...neither guy screams franchise QB they are a space holder...which makes the watkins move look silly...

Edited by GoBills!