EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We DID get the football back after the D held the Patsies** to a FG and Hotrod promptly threw a pick on the 1st play.

That wasn't my point at all. I think TT has played reasonably well thus far and I'm not trying to pick on him or say he shouldn't be starting. I think at this point he should. I'm not convinced he's the long term QB or that in the long run he'll be better than EJ, but right now I think he gives the Bills the best chance to win.

Having said that I also don't think EJ is the bum many on here want to make him out to be. While I think TT is better right now, I believe the gap is narrower than most want to admit. Both guys have struggled at times but they are both relatively green and both are operating in a new system with less than ideal circumstances injury wise.

Anyway, my point was that people have a narrative they want to spin and they'll look at very similar circumstances and say one guy is a bum while the other is a "playmaker." It's beyond ridiculous. They have "their guy" and they'll spin it any way they can to make him look good and the other guy look bad. Sadly, it reminds me of politics.

That wasn't my point at all. I think TT has played reasonably well thus far and I'm not trying to pick on him or say he shouldn't be starting. I think at this point he should. I'm not convinced he's the long term QB or that in the long run he'll be better than EJ, but right now I think he gives the Bills the best chance to win.

Having said that I also don't think EJ is the bum many on here want to make him out to be. While I think TT is better right now, I believe the gap is narrower than most want to admit. Both guys have struggled at times but they are both relatively green and both are operating in a new system with less than ideal circumstances injury wise.

Anyway, my point was that people have a narrative they want to spin and they'll look at very similar circumstances and say one guy is a bum while the other is a "playmaker." It's beyond ridiculous. They have "their guy" and they'll spin it any way they can to make him look good and the other guy look bad. Sadly, it reminds me of politics.

:thumbsup::beer:

As do I. Was just making an observation on him needing to go on instinct and not what he sees in regard to his decision making.

I honestly dont think he can unpucker yet.

When throws to a spot quickly he does well. He has a good arm. He just let his brain get in the way too often.

Gilmore should be teaching him Yoga and meditation.

overthinker.

If EJ could ever get out of his own head he would stand a very good chance of becoming a sold starter one day. It's one of the reasons one could point to as to why he's had success in two minute situations where you are just reacting and not thinking.

indeed sir. indeed

the concept of being so bad at something, that one eminates a foul odor ithat transcends the senses, places this entire argument in the surreal environment of the sport psychologist, who might suggest that EJ needs to build mental muscle, with positive self-talk, goal-setting, body language, deep breathing, and visualization.

simply translated from the spiritual vernacular, this is equitable to "getting your head out of your ass""

have you spoken to the boy yet?

seems like the correct wording.

he is doing the wrong things right finally. better in the pocket. seeing more of the field/ still throwing poorly because of late decisions

If he could just build on that in London he might level off someplace above mediocre. that would be fine by me.

good post.

does MDH stand for Missile Defense Headquarters? i have been wondering this.

I dont think the Bills are near deciding on the QB. Still trying to get the rest of The Offense to work. The line was starting to improve! The left side especially. Then we get deflated with John's sad situation and Seantrel brains not in place.

Let us hope having Kromer back will be an asset. I think we should see continuous improvement from our line. They will be tasked this week with our WR situation being so depleted.

Go Gragg!

This ^^^ +1000. Excellent post.

i disagree with your disagreement.. but i agree with your assessment of his motivation.

you see, planting one's head up one's ass is the ultimate self-defense against an overwhelming level of negative external simulation. in the world of celebrated film, recording, and sports stars - which includes very limited and transient sanctuaries to criticism - one's ass can offer seclusion and clarity of purpose, but too much time spent in such a self-indulgent retreat from the tasks at hand will eventually suffocate, rather than comfort.

thus, i believe the proper course of action at this time, is for his head to be removed from his ass.

And those play calls were absolutely wonderful?

They have not adapted the play calling or continued with what was working. They had success up the seams, they had success putting Clay outside the hashes on routes, but it's not working.

Yes, EJ isn't playing amazing - won't set his feet, for example - but this is not on Manuel.

rex isn't workign with anyone. he's a defensive coach with a top 5 talented defensive team.

the defense has been more of a let down and a coach with some balls would call out his own guys and discipline them. they've been lazy, aloof, and without heart. marrone would have this team doing sprints for hours playing so piss poor.

counting mckelvin as a loss at this point is ridiculous. darby has been playing as good or better then mckelvin so it's a wash. the aaron williams loss isn't hurting too bad.

agree with regards to McKelvin and Williams. We can always count on 30 yards or so from Williams' penalties

I'm just gonna re-quote this again.

Exactly where I stand.

I frankly dont understand why people need to spin anyway.....usually the backup QB is the most popular guy on the team

but not in this case......I dont get it

Tyrod hasn't started enough games to be tarred and feathered yet. I'm sure if we don't make the playoffs, he'll be looked at by fans.

The troubling nuance to this loss is the one that hasn't been mentioned yet. Yes we did get it to within 5 and then 8 with masterful QB play by Tyrod. Then what? We got the football and on the first play, Tyrod chokes and throws a pick. Game over. When we really needed him to come through ...

That's why to me its just a loss. No brownie points for getting close.

I think to most people that's not a description of garbage time.

agreed. ergo whaley's biggest gamble (among many others) is a clear failure. and some people here still think he's the best thing since packaged american plastic cheese slices.

Hes a gamble that begot Lesean McCoy? And before that Kiko Alonso. We get it. You think EJ is terrible. Whatever. But give it up. You have covered EJ and Whaley. Whos next? Ralph posthumously? Or why not Pegula? Just stop. Why dont you tell me what you like about the team?