Breaking: More Trouble for Manziel - Alcohol Involved

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in his particular situation.

Yep, someone who clearly has a problem doesn't get afforded the benefit of the doubt by only having a couple. More than zero is a backslide, and the Browns maybe should put him on the IR- Designate list, if this is still a problem.

They don't need this kind of publicity. Didn't one of their WRs run over and kill a pedestrian a decade ago, while drunk, and do time?

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

Browns reporter weighs in on Manziel situation

Mary Kay Cabot from The Cleveland Plain Dealer joins "NFL Total Access" to discuss a developing story involving Johnny Manziel and his girlfriend being questioned in a domestic incident on Monday.

@MikeSilver

Next on @nflnetwork I'll weigh in on Johnny Manziel and preview my Marcell Dareus piece for GDM... without "hating" anyone..."

Not in his particular situation.

I added the qualifier, likely while you were replying, that it's no good for him.... But that the simple idea of Monday at noon is about a good of a time as possible in the NFL while the tweet reads much worse to most people.

Johnny drinking any time is bad though.

Edited by NoSaint

I added the qualifier, likely while you were replying, that it's no good for him.... But that the simple idea of Monday at noon is about a good of a time as possible in the NFL while the tweet reads much worse to most people.

Johnny drinking any time is bad though.

Missed that. We're on the same page. :thumbsup:

Coming out of offseason rehab for alcohol, it's two drinks too many.

Why he was in rehab was never revealed. I never thought it was alcohol and I would remind everyone of the pic with him in a bar restroom holding a rolled up 20 as exhibit A regarding that. In this case it seems he was sober, his gf was drunk and they were arguing in public, but no one was injured. Not really much to see.

Edited by BarleyNY

Welp

@TonyGrossi: In Avon police report, Johnny Manziel said he was drinking "around 2 o'clock" Monday afternoon. #browns.

drinking at 2 o'clock. He does play for the browns.

Browns reporter weighs in on Manziel situation

@MikeSilver

Next on @nflnetwork I'll weigh in on Johnny Manziel and preview my Marcell Dareus piece for GDM... without "hating" anyone..."

thanks for your posts. But your twitter links for some reason never work on my phone.

I've never been a Johnny Manziel fan because I think he stinks as a QB, but we should wait for the facts to come out here. If he only had 2 drinks and didn't get a DUI, maybe he wasn't in the wrong. Sometimes, drunk chicks be crazy.

Coming out of offseason rehab for alcohol, it's two drinks too many.

Take a mutha!@#$ing Uber/Cab/Car Service.

Then you can argue with your B word in the backseat while drinking or !@#$ing or doing anything else you would like.

I take an Uber when I know I'll be drinking. It pisses me off when these high profile nimrods can't do the same.

Heard an "interesting" point from one of the local reporters. According to him JM has become a disinterested party on the sidelines, not listening in, giving input etc. could be a reporter engaging in hindsight and fitting a story to his agenda or could be a QB who thinks he hasn't been given a fair shake & is sulking. In that scenario I could see an addicted person saying !@#$ it.

Why he was in rehab was never revealed. I never thought it was alcohol and I would remind everyone of the pic with him in a bar restroom holding a rolled up 20 as exhibit A regarding that. In this case it seems he was sober, his gf was drunk and they were arguing in public, but no one was injured. Not really much to see.

he had documented issues with alcohol in college so I think that was why it is assumed that was at least part of why he was in rehab, but agree it was never confirmed.

There was also the incident at the end of last seaso where he threw the big party that got Gordon and Gilbert suspended/deactivated and led to him "oversleeping" and not showing up for treatment. Browns couldn't reach him by phone so sent people to his house to find him. I think most concluded that was alcohol related.

Edited by YoloinOhio