Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't blame him. Must be super frustrating to know you are getting open almost every play against the top corners in the league but not getting the ball. Meanwhile guys like OBJ are getting all of the glory. Saying he deserves 10 targets is an understatement. He should be the focal point of the offense especially now that all of our RB's are hurt.

No I think this fits better for you

"Repeatedly saying something over and over, or rather whining about it, therefore destroying the point you were trying to make"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bitchinghttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bitching

Nope. Sorry I don't agree with Sammy's comments. Maybe one day he'll be like OBJ.

Edited by FireChan

I can't blame him. Must be super frustrating to know you are getting open almost every play against the top corners in the league but not getting the ball. Meanwhile guys like OBJ are getting all of the glory. Saying he deserves 10 targets is an understatement. He should be the focal point of the offense especially now that all of our RB's are hurt.

OBJ is averaging just over 10 targets per game this season, but Eli is averaging over 39 passes per game. We average less than 28 passes per game. Also, to your last point, He's been out as long as both of our RB's :lol:

Wrong. While Sammy may have missed a catch here or there, he has generally been nothing short of first round quality. He saved our butts in multiple games last year. It's not fair to him if he's not getting targets because we're handing the ball off to Boobie Dixon 10 times.

1st round maybe, but not two first rounders...Maybe the best is yet to come. I hope so..

I apologize if someone already mentioned this but I didn't read all 16 pages of this thread.

Both Woods and Watkins are saying publicly that they're getting open but not getting the ball.

While fans and the media have often raved about the performance of TT, there seems to be some discontent among the wideouts.

Maybe because TT isn't very tall and has difficulty seeing over the linemen... or maybe because he just doesn't have a lot of experience yet... or maybe because protection is breaking down quickly... whatever the reason, he's not finding his WRs.

Edited by hondo in seattle

This calls for a LeGOATski Life Lesson:

Always be honest with yourself.

they should man up and take it as a challenge. If they are competitors they will want to get him the ball. They are in film study too looking at all the times he is open. Their coaches are probably telling them the same thing. As pros, they have to know that it is part of their job to get him the ball more in order to maximize the effectiveness of the offense.

I even hear college WRs at OSU pleading to the QBs on Twitter and talking to the media all the time about wanting the ball. I am sure this is nothing they haven't heard before.

I'd hope they aren't so thin skinned that it's even remotely an issue

That would be a bigger issue than anything he said.

Why go public with the comments though? I understand his frustration, but nothing good comes from expressing his anger to media. What he said was fine IMO but not who he said it to. Express it to Rex, Roman, Whaley, Tyrod/EJ, etc. behind closed doors. There is no point in letting the national media know.

I apologize if someone already mentioned this but I didn't read all 16 pages of this thread.

Both Woods and Watkins are saying publicly that they're getting open but not getting the ball.

While fans and the media have often raved about the performance of TT, there seems to be some discontent among the wideouts.

Maybe because TT isn't very tall and has difficulty seeing over the linemen... or maybe because he just doesn't have a lot of experience yet... or maybe because protection is breaking down quickly... whatever the reason, he's not finding his WRs.

Rex has said on a couple of occasions that they have left some plays out there on the field due to missed opportunities. Tyrod is still learning the game at the NFL level after sitting for 4 years. Experience is till the best teacher.

Taylor has been good protecting the ball. He only throws downfield to WIDE open guys. that is why Hogan has 12 catches in 13 targets. Sammy thinks he is open 90% of the time. The short guy behind the collapsing line of scrimmage is seeing a really tiny window he can't hit.

Worse case scenario is that TT or EJ start trying to force the ball to Sammy and throw interceptions. Teams implode over that crap. Best advice to Sammy. Be quiet.

Thank you Sammy. I've been longing for this kind of attitude from one of our WR's. All the greats get p'd when they don't see the ball and I'm 100% behind his attitude and comments.

List all "the greats" who at any time, let alone in their 2nd year (injury shortened), have publicly called out their coaching staff for making him "look bad"?

What's this kid going to say the next time he can't answer the bell due to some other low impact injury?

Some inflated balls on this guy...

Taylor has been good protecting the ball. He only throws downfield to WIDE open guys. that is why Hogan has 12 catches in 13 targets. Sammy thinks he is open 90% of the time. The short guy behind the collapsing line of scrimmage is seeing a really tiny window he can't hit.

Worse case scenario is that TT or EJ start trying to force the ball to Sammy and throw interceptions. Teams implode over that crap. Best advice to Sammy. Be quiet.

It will be interesting to see how EJ utilizes Watkins this w/e. In preseason he was taking (and making) more shots downfield