Bucky: Trading Cassel doesn’t look good right now

Is Bucky right?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What is real issue

• Whaley is arrogant
    • Whaley is insecure
    • Bucky is self delusional , insecure and arrogant writer who just wants clicks

Bucky who was advocating Cassel as starter is taking a new tactic to try to prove himself right I would not mind him being right IF it got him a front office job, preferably taking Sullivan with him, on another team preferably on another hemisphere but like most of today's reporters he mixes up facts with his own opinions and forgets how many times he was wrong.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/13/trading-cassel-doesnt-look-good-right-now/

I’m not sure if it’s insecurity or arrogance, and there’s often a fine line between the two, but Whaley is committed to making sure everyone knows that he’s in charge of the roster, common sense be damned.

Notice neither of the choices are complimentary; both words have negative connotations and he like most of the Buffalo Bills staff are experts in arrogance.

Cassel would NOT be an asset for current team; the current QB needs to manufacture plays and that is not what type of QB Cassel is. I am not even sure he will even be an asset to Cowboys considering his skillset is very close to Weeden. Both the Cowboys and Bills are suffering from same issue - many key injuries and offenses which are not strong enough to overcome it without heroic efforts.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this have to do with Whaley? He did good. We needed a vet backup until EJ proved he could hang on his own. If Whaley was arrogant, he wouldn't have cut Cassel in the first place. Basically we traded a 5th and 7th for a 6th and a 5th later on. By my math that's basically a 7th for a 5th. In no way was the trade a poor move. It just looks bad now that we have an unexpected injury. Honestly though I'm fine with EJ. The dude will ball out Sunday I think.

I have no idea how the Buffalo Media can't understand that just because you're the #2 QB over EJ on gameday doesn't mean you're the better QB.

If I'm Rex, and Tyrod goes down in the middle of the game, having a veteran QB, who has played a lot, prepares like a Veteran starter, and can take a team with minimal first-team reps and guide it to victory, makes a ton of sense.

Just because Cassel can do that, does not mean he's the right choice over EJ if Tyrod went down for 3-4 weeks. It's very logical to think that if a backup QB had to start long-term, Rex would go with EJ because he would have time to get him prepped in practice and the upside is much higher. Getting a whole week's worth of first team reps for a young QB like EJ is extremely important.

It's like this possibility doesn't even exist for Bucky, Sully, Wawrow, et. all and this whole "Cassel was #2" thing is definitive proof he's a better QB than EJ. Oy vey.

Edited by BlueFire

I have no idea how the Buffalo Media can't understand that just because you're the #2 QB over EJ on gameday doesn't mean you're the better QB.

If I'm Rex, and Tyrod goes down in the middle of the game, having a veteran QB, who has played a lot, prepares like a Veteran starter, and can take a team with minimal first-team reps and guide it to victory, makes a ton of sense.

Just because Cassel can do that, does not mean he's the right choice over EJ if Tyrod went down for 3-4 weeks. It's very logical to think that if a backup QB had to start long-term, Rex would go with EJ because he would have time to get him prepped in practice and the upside is much higher. Getting a whole week's worth of first team reps for a young QB like EJ is extremely important.

It's like this possibility doesn't even exist for Bucky, Sully, Wawrow, et. all and this whole "Cassel was #2" thing is definitive proof he's a better QB than EJ. Oy vey.

But now our #2 is Johnson, who sucks way worse than Cassel. So...

I think it is too early to make any judgments about Taylor, trading Cassel or having EJ as the primary back-up. EJ may get his chance soon enough to show that he has made (or not made) progress in his development. One thing that we will need to keep an eye on is Taylor's long term durability as a mobile QB.

Not voting because the choices are kinda lame.

Statuesque Cassel wouldn't survive long behind the current state of the Bills offensive line along with the decrepit state of the Bills RB situation. The Bills did the right thing in trading away a square block from a round hole. A blind man could have seen he wasn't a fit in a Bills uni.

Then the Bills FO must be supremely confidant in EJ's ability to dump Cassel. Although EJ is being put in a very, very difficult situation against the undefeated Bengals considering the current state of the offense. I hope he tears them up with Clay, Sammy, Percy, and Robert!

On a side note i'm very glad that the ex Patriot QB is long gone from Buffalo, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that good old Matt also gave some info about his new team to his old team the cheaters.

In general, I find that going with the opposite of what Bucky says leads me to the truth. He's barely competent as the Sabres correspondent. When he reports for the Bills...I don't get how they keep him with Jay, Dunne...Carucci and...*sigh* Sully working it. When Sully is ahead of you when it comes of refraining from snap judgement, you need to go.

It's confirmation bias.Somewhere early on, a lot of local guys latched onto a rumor that the smart pick as the starter. Almost every person on this board who went to training camp and watched the practices seemed to indicate that EJ and Tyrod were no where near as bad as Carucci was making him out to be. EJ's excellent play in the scrimmage and preseason games was diminished because Rex "cared about what he saw in practice".

But now our #2 is Johnson, who sucks way worse than Cassel. So...

So our # 3 sucks .....name one team that's not the case?

I know I prolly can't even name a #3....should we trade for one now cause we really in bad shape if Jihnson gets hurt.

BTW, will not read anything by Bucky or Sully. It is all schtick at this point

Edited by plenzmd1