Bengals fans reaction to QB situation in Bflo

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty funny that people dont realize that the skill set is almost pretty identical between the two QBs...Manuel has the ability to scramble and has a bigger arm...

Now, what if Manuel executes flawlessly like he did in Preseason....nothing like a regular season QB controversy when they both are preforming good.

I enjoy how one fan says the Bengals anticipated this already and already were game planning before the story broke.

Who knows whats true. A bengals beat reported said on Twitter that the Bengals knew Taylor was banged up and were planning for EJ.

But AJ Hawk said on the radio that they were "Zeroed in on Taylor" and they felt fortunate to play Seattle and Buffalo back to back because Wilson and Taylor play similar styles.

Pretty funny that people dont realize that the skill set is almost pretty identical between the two QBs...Manuel has the ability to scramble and has a bigger arm...

Now, what if Manuel executes flawlessly like he did in Preseason....nothing like a regular season QB controversy when they both are preforming good.

Although he is not a immobile like a Brady, Manuel does not have anywhere near the running ability of TT (or Kap, Cam, Russell, etc). I seriously doubt that there would be many designed runs for EJ.

Although he is not a immobile like a Brady, Manuel does not have anywhere near the running ability of TT (or Kap, Cam, Russell, etc). I seriously doubt that there would be many designed runs for EJ.

Not to mention the Bills need to keep Manuel healthy at all costs

The comparison I heard most was Alex Smith...which THQH would kind of perfect for Sunday.

The Bengals are 4th in DE QB pressures (we are 3rd) and they are giving up more yards than we are over the air. Maybe it's time to try out those short underneath passes from the shotgun that keep getting used on us.

If Sammy and Karlos are back this week, that is huge.

The comparison I heard most was Alex Smith...which THQH would kind of perfect for Sunday.

The Bengals are 4th in DE QB pressures (we are 3rd) and they are giving up more yards than we are over the air. Maybe it's time to try out those short underneath passes from the shotgun that keep getting used on us.

If Sammy and Karlos are back this week, that is huge.

Hogan seems like a guy who could catch a lot of the short underneath passes. Basically a passing game that mimics a running game.

OK, so they have Andy Dalton. He will start to poop the bed sometime soon as the pressure mounts. He is NOT a gamer. I would argue they are almost in a worse spot than the Bills are. You have seen the ceiling for Dalton. TT is injured but has potential to be one heck of a QB.

Dalton led the Bengals from a late 17-point deficit against the vaunted Seahawks D to win. He looks way better than before, even if the Seahawks do look a bit worse as well. I believe in our defense, but I do think this will be a tough challenge.