Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't the !@#$er that horse collared TT be fined or suspended?? They committed a personal foul that resulted in our QB missing game(s).

Also, do the refs give us more "benefit of the doubt" on close calls for roughing the passer? I mean, TT now jumps above Cam Newton on the "has earned the close calls" because he's been injured.

You ... bastard ....

Looked to me like Hotrod took himself out of the game for that one play.

Read the NFL rule book. For Tyrod to remain in the game would have burned a Bills timeout. That's why he came out one play. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Even if EJ is the starter next week, again, this isn't the first time Roman has had to switch out QBs and change the game plan. EJ has been compared to Alex Smith, so I see no reason why they can't go back into the drawer for those style of plays.

Probably fewer devoted Read-Option runs, but a rollout or two and maybe some more shotgun.

I'm hoping for 0 read-option plays.

Pistol formation, hurry-up offense all day. Don't let that Cincy front-7 get settled and EJ is at his best when he's not over-thinking it.

@MikeGarafolo: Give Cincy defensive staff credit for foresight. They had hunch Tyrod Taylor might sit Sun, so they started prep for EJ Manuel yesterday.

Interesting - AJ Hawk said they have been dialed into TT.

Btw the comments under that tweet are lit. No respect for EJ I guess.

Hopefully our coaches are game-planning against his slow ass. Big liability there imo.

Dareus had already gotten his new contract before Cassel was re-signed. They were under the cap. They faced no cap issues by keeping him. Now, the Bills do not have a viable 3rd QB.

I think you assume a lot in calling Cassel a viable QB. Let's look at his preseason numbers with the Bills shall we? Cassel did not qualify for the top 103 preseason qbs. However with some digging I was able to find these stats for his preseason ( he was the worst of the Bills QBs aside from Simms in most categories and worse than Simms too in many) 13/15 for 83 yards at 5.5 yds per attempt. 0 TDs and OINTs and 1 sack. That average per attempt would put him firmly as the 40th best QB in the league had he accomplished it in the regular season. Since it was the preseason it is probably safe to assume he might not do as well against real defenses. History seems to support that. He's thoroughly mediocre and I am not sure why anyone cares about him not being on this roster. His best season was the one with the Patriots where he actually represented a 6 win drop off compared with Brady with the same roster the previous year. He just isn't that good and represents no level of comfort.

If Tyrod can't go and EJ has to step in. This will be the defining moment in EJ's career at home against a playoff contender.

You guys realize EJ won't be playing against Cincy by himself, right? Tyrod has done a decent job, but he's certainly not lighting the world on fire. EJ won't be asked to throw for 400 yds and win the game on his own. If he is, the results will most likely be disappointing. But if the defense has another strong game, the run game starts to work a bit, the O line holds up and the players keep their emotions in check and don't take stupid penalties, EJ just needs to play a solid game and the Bills will be in good shape.

You guys realize EJ won't be playing against Cincy by himself, right? Tyrod has done a decent job, but he's certainly not lighting the world on fire. EJ won't be asked to throw for 400 yds and win the game on his own. If he is, the results will most likely be disappointing. But if the defense has another strong game, the run game starts to work a bit, the O line holds up and the players keep their emotions in check and don't take stupid penalties, EJ just needs to play a solid game and the Bills will be in good shape.

why not? He has a better arm than TT and has more experience with this team and receivers than TT. Why play so conservative? I hate how the Bills always play conservative "Not to lose" football instead of playing to win. It's about as effective as prevent defense my other pet peeve!

Does anyone know whose record Tyrod broke? I've tried to find it but can's seem to find Bills single game records. My guess would be Flutie, but not sure. Maybe JP?

Gary Marangi October 24, 1976 and Ryan Fitzbubble on October 3rd, 2010 both scrambled for 74 yds.

At this point in time, it's important to note that LaConfora tweeted that **** 50 minutes ago and not a single national or local guy has chimed into corroborate it.

Sal C kinda did

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 31m31 minutes ago

Sorry. Should have typed "could miss," as @JasonLaCanfora reported for Taylor. Not "to miss." Nothing is certain as of now, Im told.

That's the closest I could find so far though