For all the Whaley doubters

my favorite Whaley moment was him lecturing the media a couple weeks ago on how "we now see that in today's NFL a QB needs to stand on the sideline and hone his craft for years...etc, etc..." when referring to Taylor.

This is the same guy who was ok with throwing out a project rookie out there with no safety net just two years ago.

He is full of crap and he just makes up stories after the fact to justify whatever his last move was.

"Sammy was the number one player on our board"

If that's true, he should be fired for that alone.

What a clown this guy is.

Looking at the off-season moves you've got to wonder how many of them were Rex's ideas that Whaley just went along with. He may be GM, but the moves suggest he performed a supporting role given the HC's rep.

Yet, Whaley's biggest decisions aren't panning out and naturally he's in damage control mode. Manuel is forgotten as a starting option. Watkins is constantly dinged up. The quarter billion dollar DL isn't effective. The OL is a mess. And, I'd say the QB position is not settled after 3 off-seasons.

Whaley's team's are a combined 17-19. He's right to be looking over his shoulder because no one's talking contract extension with him.

Looking at the off-season moves you've got to wonder how many of them were Rex's ideas that Whaley just went along with. He may be GM, but the moves suggest he performed a supporting role given the HC's rep.

Yet, Whaley's biggest decisions aren't panning out and naturally he's in damage control mode. Manuel is forgotten as a starting option. Watkins is constantly dinged up. The quarter billion dollar DL isn't effective. The OL is a mess. And, I'd say the QB position is not settled after 3 off-seasons.

Whaley's team's are a combined 17-19. He's right to be looking over his shoulder because no one's talking contract extension with him.

I think I was trying to say something like this in my post, but you stated it much more clearly. Good post.

I'm sorry, but what has McCoy done to dictate any of the defenses that we've seen? And how was today different?

Sure, Sammy may get the attention of their #1 CB, but isn't Woods a 2nd round pick? Don't we

have as good of depth at WR as any team out there? Has Sammy done a fraction of what he did last year?

I just don't see how their absence was the difference maker today

You answered your own question . SW demands coverage to be rolled his way. He was responsible for Harvin bomb TD vs Indy and Clay TD vs Mia because he drew the coverage away. It changes the defense. Depth at WR is great until you have to use it. Then it doesn't look quite as nice. As for shady, he is respected in the passing game and must be accounted for. No other Bills RB has that rep, so it made it easier to stop the run . Getting a completion seemed like a chore in the 1st half. Watkins may not have many stats this year ( or many targets which is the bigger issue) but his presence sure changes things out there. The Bills scored ten points today w/ out those two, their lowest output yet. Coincidence?

You answered your own question . SW demands coverage to be rolled his way. He was responsible for Harvin bomb TD vs Indy and Clay TD vs Mia because he drew the coverage away. It changes the defense. Depth at WR is great until you have to use it. Then it doesn't look quite as nice. As for shady, he is respected in the passing game and must be accounted for. No other Bills RB has that rep, so it made it easier to stop the run . Getting a completion seemed like a chore in the 1st half. Watkins may not have many stats this year ( or many targets which is the bigger issue) but his presence sure changes things out there. The Bills scored ten points today w/ out those two, their lowest output yet. Coincidence?

Nice post. Probably will be lost on many. Still, lost this one on coaching.

Giants didn't have Fells or Cruz. Their running backs are nobodies. Why were they able to be effective on the road vs. the GOAT defense.

oh.. Check out my poll from last week. Lots of "they haven't done anything we don't need them." RBs are a dime a dozen. Etc etc. I said look beyond the stat sheet and at the all 22 please ... But no response. I had a feeling we would lose this game without them unless the defense pitched a near shutout but better to let them rest vs NFC.

Yolo- I've yet to see you not nail it btw..... You did here

Didn't Whaley hire our coach (who sucked today) and sign Jerry Hughes (who is nearing a net loss in defensive yardage?)

Sammy is very good. He's also been hurt almost his whole career.

Oh, and he stripped this team of it's biggest lockerroom leader in the same season we hired an RB with a big ego, a WR almost on the same level of talent as Sammy but has been a total nutcase, and a defensive end who seems to think personal fouls count as sacks. All for another RB whose greatest contribution is playing ST on a terrible ST unit.

The guys he "overpaid for" were conspicuously absent today. Based on what I saw I believe thier presence would have yielded a win.

I agree that Watkins drawing that coverage helps. But if Woods and Harvin are as good as they are supposed to be, we should be getting more than 78 total yards in the first half.

Giants didn't have Fells or Cruz. Their running backs are nobodies. Why were they able to be effective on the road vs. the GOAT defense.

How effective were they? They had 16 points into the 4th quarter and one TD was on a short field after a turnover. OBJ didn't even hit 40 yards. The bills O sucked and barely had a first down until the 3rd quarter. Bradhams missed tackle was huge and stopped the defense from rescuing this offensive stinker, but the Giants were just ok on O and a decent day from the Bills offense gets a win here.

I agree that Watkins drawing that coverage helps. But if Woods and Harvin are as good as they are supposed to be, we should be getting more than 78 total yards in the first half.

Bingo. Either they are not as good or the QB is not as good when he has to make tougher throws/ reads. Which is it?

Everyone seems to forget that john Miller and glen were out. That's a total of 4 starters. More than a third of our offense.

Shouldn't the so-called most talented Bills team in years be able to overcome the loss of a rookie OG and the temporarily sidelining of an underwhelming OT?

Karlos Williams has more than handled the RB load with McCoy out, and when you've got Harvin, Woods, and Clay, I'd think they could manufacture a passing game even without Watkins. They've got Greg Roman too, who's supposedly a great OC.

4 games in and we're already seeing the injury excuse.

Edited by BillsVet

Yolo- I've yet to see you not nail it btw..... You did here

The guys he "overpaid for" were conspicuously absent today. Based on what I saw I believe thier presence would have yielded a win.

NFN but I don't see how McCoy or Watkins could have helped stop the 17 penalties or the 7 first downs given to the Giants resulting from those penalties.

It was Karlos Williams subbing for McCoy that did so well, and not the other way around. Karlos stunk because the offensive line stunk, and was mostly ineffective in run blocking and pass blocking.

Then if that wasn't enough, you have the Bills DC sending the D linemen into coverage rather then rushing the passer.

Sammy after three games has a total of 7 rec for 99 yards, 1 TD. McCoy after three games has 43 attempts for 146 yards. Neither was setting the league on fire!

I'm sorry, but what has McCoy done to dictate any of the defenses that we've seen? And how was today different?

Sure, Sammy may get the attention of their #1 CB, but isn't Woods a 2nd round pick? Don't we have as good of depth at WR as any team out there? Has Sammy done a fraction of what he did last year?

I just don't see how their absence was the difference maker today

Sammy out let them play safeties way closer and more man coverage.

Didn't Whaley hire our coach (who sucked today) and sign Jerry Hughes (who is nearing a net loss in defensive yardage?)

Sammy is very good. He's also been hurt almost his whole career.

Oh, and he stripped this team of it's biggest lockerroom leader in the same season we hired an RB with a big ego, a WR almost on the same level of talent as Sammy but has been a total nutcase, and a defensive end who seems to think personal fouls count as sacks. All for another RB whose greatest contribution is playing ST on a terrible ST unit.

this. i hope we are both wrong but this is what i see as well.