Darby is awesome. Had a great game.

It looked like he broke up at least 5 passes, and made a few tackles. He is an awesome coverage guy. The penalty called on him was weak. He barely touched the guy and had no impact on the route. The pass was directed elsewhere. It wasn't a good call.

But I see him as a shutdown guy already. Great game for him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best corner on the team. Gilmore option should be picked up but his asking price will be too high. We should think about drafting a corner this upcoming year in anticipation of his departure. If darby were 2-3 inches taller he would have been long gone before we got to the podium

Best corner on the team. Gilmore option should be picked up but his asking price will be too high. We should think about drafting a corner this upcoming year in anticipation of his departure. If Darby were 2-3 inches taller he would have been long gone before we got to the podium

Love the kid's moxie; the perfect mental makeup for a CB. My only concern will be his matchups with taller receivers like Green, for example. We'll know in a couple weeks, I guess.

GO BILLS!!!

Darby has been our best corner, but you guys are being silly calling out Gilmore. He also had a great game. He allowed two catches out of six targets to OBJ for eight yards, and allowed <50 yards overall. He allowed one TD, but then also got an INT on the goal line. He is an excellent corner.

Darby, Gilmore, Graham and AW when he returns could compete with Seattle for the best secondary in the NFL. The former three have all been great in coverage and sure tacklers.

Edited by Big C

I didn't see the game and probably won't watch on DVR since they lost but saw obj stat line was very weak. Was he on him at all? 1:1?

Both he and Gilmore took turns on obj and did a fantastic job. Gilmore had him in a well thrown deep ball and squeezed him out to perfection. Darby might have manned up obj 5 -10 snaps and held his own too. It was frankly the bright spot of the whole game.

Yeah. If only Preston, Nigel, Cordy, Robert played to their rookie promise we would have won easily.

There it is, leads the whole league in passes defensed

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/passesDefended

Gilmore tied for 4th too..... Nice tandem

@RyanTalbotBills: After four weeks, rookie Ronald Darby is @PFF's No. 2 CB in coverage & fourth CB overall... just like we thought he'd be after the preseason

LOL.

aint that the truth. I was freaking out that Leodis was injured.

Great pairing, he and Stephon, different but complimentary styles of play. When Leodis come backs and A Williams too Bills will have the best secondary bar none!

Darby is on his way to a great career. He is currently playing the best corner on the team.

Gilmore played soft today. Too inconsistent.

mmm. i think he plays fine excepting one issue he does hustle to the ball when the play is away from him.

I have seen some broken plays where he could have made a difference if he kept moving.

Manning went after him Sunday for sure.

But Darby is a joy to behold already. who woulda thunk it??

LOL.

aint that the truth. I was freaking out that Leodis was injured.

Great pairing, he and Stephon, different but complimentary styles of play. When Leodis come backs and A Williams too Bills will have the best secondary bar none!

What will be interesting is if we have Darby, Gilmore, and Leodis in time for the pats game.........

We need to create a 1.5 second no fly zone and shut down their ugly mugged qb