Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

I dont suppose we could give this a full season before we start declaring winners and losers on the Shady situation?

Hamstring injuries can happen to anyone

Its not a season long injury

So much easier to just give up now - if we don't play any more games, no one else will get hurt, including everyone's feelings :D:beer:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun,

I am thinking that is what is going to happen......

I think the Boom Herrod signing is a lot more significant then people realize.....this guy was a STUD before he injured his shoulder.......

I remember being very impressed with him in the playoffs...let's hope he and Boobie rise to the occasion for the next couple of weeks.

he better be ready to go for the second half of the year and a playoff run. we will forget about the extension if he runs for 6 or 700 yards in the final half.

I will because we had him under contract for this season and next anyway. What did we really gain by the extension?

guy's name is "Boom"?

Better than being called "Boobie"

In some ways, I am more worried that Karlos Williams did not pass the concussion protocols this week. I wonder how long this will take and whether this concussion was serious enough to cause issues in the future.

With the violent style Williams uses to run, I'm worried a bit about that too. It could be a recurring problem for the guy, he leads with his head a lot.

The graph is nice and all, but doesn't say anything about whether Shady himself is in his prime or not. But he just came off a season in which he was 3rd in the league in rushing yards. This year he suffered a hamstring injury, which can happen to even young players. Again we'll see whether he lives up to his contract but making definitive statements after 4 games is premature.

Yup.

This wasn't trying to troll this thread or hindisght either. I have been on record and in STRONG disagreement of the McCoy acqusition from the beginning (same reasons I stated above)

You're in such strong disagreement over the trade you're DYING to be right in the end about it. That's not inspiring, that's rooting for Shady to fail so you can be right.

But you're not right, and even if you were it's FAR too early to draw any conclusions, so it's all good. :beer:

I dont think the contract should be a discussion for us honestly. But i am pissed we traded for him and he isn't playing. Not at him so much, as just, pissed.

I'm with you in part. The contract, which despite the debates to the contrary needed to happen (he had only 1 million left on his deal, regardless of who traded for him he was getting a new deal before playing a snap), should be discussed in a few years, not right now. Right now it's lacking context. We have no idea how his contract will impact the Bills' ability to resign some guys. I suspect it won't be a hindrance at all (because the cap is flexible and this front office has shown a willingness to do what's needed so far) but I could be proven wrong about that four years from now. We also don't know how Shady will look three years from now on the field, or if the front office will restructure the deal to make cap room down the line. There are just too many unknowns to draw any reasonable conclusion.

Fretting about his contract, or using that as a trump card to prove some case that it was a bad deal, is just short sighted.

Why? It's bad contracts like McCoys that will hinder resigning more important positions and players on this team like Glenn and Gilmore.

Ridiculous. The cap is fluid, contracts change in the non-guaranteed NFL. There's ZERO way to predict that McCoy's contract will be an issue presently.

Why? It's bad contracts like McCoys that will hinder resigning more important positions and players on this team like Glenn and Gilmore.

Because i dont know what the long term picture is for one, and the other is we blame players for being injured.

Maybe i just don care to get too down on this situation so early too.

Was Mario a bad contract? I hated it. But now i am totally cool with bringing him on.

Because i dont know what the long term picture is for one, and the other is we blame players for being injured.

Maybe i just don care to get too down on this situation so early too.

Was Mario a bad contract? I hated it. But now i am totally cool with bringing him on.

And, adding to the point that it's just too early to draw any sensible conclusions about the extension or Shady's play as a Bill, Mario's contract is going to be reworked to free up cap space this off season (I'm betting). Just like Shady's contract will be reworked if he works out half as well as Mario has. There's a lot of worry over nothing.

And, adding to the point that it's just too early to draw any sensible conclusions about the extension or Shady's play as a Bill, Mario's contract is going to be reworked to free up cap space this off season (I'm betting). Just like Shady's contract will be reworked if he works out half as well as Mario has. There's a lot of worry over nothing.

I doubt that. We may rework Mario as an extension, but if the tread comes off McCoy's tires over the next couple of years there's no way he gives up guaranteed money to help our cap situation. Edited by Rob's House

I doubt that. We may rework Mario as an extension, but if the tread comes off McCoy's tires over the next couple of years there's no way he gives up guaranteed money to help our cap situation.

Agreed....I dont see Shady reworking his contract

But there is enough other players that can be reworked and guys who frankly are going to be sent packing due to age that they will make it all work......