Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

I know you will but I don't do people like that.

If I did I'd be putting xmas gifts on layaway in grubby anticipation of your money already cuz he sure as hell ain't even getting to 1k yards this year! :lol:

So again....let me know what kind of production you are expecting.

That will be fun to know. :lol:

There's no shot McCoy is out of the NFL before he turns 30. None.

Prior to the season I was expecting a run-first, screen heavy Roman scheme and a healthy McCoy. I predicted (in the "bold prediction" thread) that he'd top 2000 combined yards from scrimmage. Four games into the season we've yet to see a healthy McCoy. When he's back and playing I'll make a prediction, but it's tough to make one when I don't know if he's going to be playing 10 games or 8.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to respect Badol making that prediction. I however doubt it. Even washed up RB's get two or three seasons on cheaper deals before they hang em up. Look at Reggie and MJD.

So would 90% of the people on this board. Unfortunately, the 10% who clog the plumbing with 'insights' like these fill up more than 16 pages of 'manage ignore user' space...

Those pesky folks who don't agree with you should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

Prior to the season I was expecting a run-first, screen heavy Roman scheme and a healthy McCoy. I predicted (in the "bold prediction" thread) that he'd top 2000 combined yards from scrimmage. Four games into the season we've yet to see a healthy McCoy. When he's back and playing I'll make a prediction, but it's tough to make one when I don't know if he's going to be playing 10 games or 8.

This.

You have to respect Badol making that prediction. I however doubt it. Even washed up RB's get two or three seasons on cheaper deals before they hang em up. Look at Reggie and MJD.

Exactly. Even if he is every bit the worn down, below average RB BADOL is presenting (which he isn't), there will always be teams lining up to give him a chance. Just not for top dollar.

What about next year and 2017? He's gonna' be healthy at some point right? He's not just wore out, is he? :lol:

What about next year and 2017? He's gonna' be healthy at some point right? He's not just wore out, is he? :lol:

If so, what does that make Kiko? He's torn his ACL 3 times and he's only 25.

Edited by Doc

I predict he'll be worth the trade and make Bills fans very, very pleased. He will have his hand in winning more than a few games for the Bills. I don't think he's worn out, nor do I think he's got too many miles. Predicting actual numbers in a vacuum seems worthless to me. We don't know what the team will look like in 16 let alone 17. How much longer do we keep Roman, do we upgrade at C and T, can we keep Harvin or replace him with another weapon -- lots of unknowns. Too many to make anything more than a guess.

I'll amend the above by predicting this: during the life of McCoy's contract, the Bills will make the playoffs (more than once) and contend for a title.

If so, what does that make Kiko? He's torn his ACL 3 times and he's only 25.

They got him for free....Bills gave him them for negotiating rights to a guy they were going to cut!.....and he's playing for peanuts, what do they want down there in Philly! :doh:

ACL's are an example of injuries that don't happen more with age.............hammy's???.....more common with them high mileage models.

Maybe McCoy can address things like that on his show.

Here is another topic.....Jason Peters......greatest Eagles trade......or greatest trade at the expense of another team, ever? :lol:

I predict he'll be worth the trade and make Bills fans very, very pleased. He will have his hand in winning more than a few games for the Bills. I don't think he's worn out, nor do I think he's got too many miles. Predicting actual numbers in a vacuum seems worthless to me. We don't know what the team will look like in 16 let alone 17. How much longer do we keep Roman, do we upgrade at C and T, can we keep Harvin or replace him with another weapon -- lots of unknowns. Too many to make anything more than a guess.

I'll amend the above by predicting this: during the life of McCoy's contract, the Bills will make the playoffs (more than once) and contend for a title.

Oh come off it, make a guess! The 2,000 yard guess was an honest mistake. :thumbsup:

Interesting how I keep hearing how important it was that McCoy was 3rd in the NFL in total rushing yards last year........but now people want to be more subjective in their assessment. :lol:

I also once heard a recording of Dice Clay bombing at standup and after a prolonged silence he proceeded to tell the crowd that comedy wasn't about the laughter.

I notice how you haven't mentioned him being worth the contract.....but as you've told us time and again there was no trade without the contract so I guess that is just implied. Or am I putting words in your mouth there. B-)

I guess my comment about milking and going to the bank now seems to be more to others thoughts. We paid a lot of money to date for a player that has not provided us with a productive performance. We can only hope that he will come around down the road. I just don't feel good about the whole situation and I see others don't either.

Four games

I know you will but I don't do people like that.

If I did I'd be putting xmas gifts on layaway in grubby anticipation of your money already cuz he sure as hell ain't even getting to 1k yards this year! :lol:

So again....let me know what kind of production you are expecting.

That will be fun to know. :lol:

Well....at least he isnt Ronald Darby......

:)

Im not gonna make a guess because I need to see the player.....and I know that is a bit of a cop out but not fair to judge an unhealthy player

Being that it's just a hamstring and I am asking about the next 2.5 seasons, yeah that's a cop out. :lol:

To me, this is pretty easy.

He is a high mileage speed and COD back and he's lost a step and complained about a lack of explosiveness in Philly last year, let alone this year.

It would be a surprise if he DIDN'T continue to decline.

That's why the contract was utter ridiculousness.

In time the haters of my takes on Shady will be pretending to other people that they knew all along it was a bad move.......the way that C.Biscuit started pretending he hadn't spent 3 years equating Dick Jauron to Bill Belichick. :lol:

Being that it's just a hamstring and I am asking about the next 2.5 seasons, yeah that's a cop out. :lol:

To me, this is pretty easy.

He is a high mileage speed and COD back and he's lost a step and complained about a lack of explosiveness in Philly last year, let alone this year.

It would be a surprise if he DIDN'T continue to decline.

That's why the contract was utter ridiculousness.

In time the haters of my takes on Shady will be pretending to other people that they knew all along it was a bad move.......the way that C.Biscuit started pretending he hadn't spent 3 years equating Dick Jauron to Bill Belichick. :lol:

You wont see me doing that Bado....I pretty much stick to my guns on predictions of players

- I have not yet been able to see a healthy McCoy in a bills uniform in the regular season......the less then healthy McCoy has been able to find a whay to help this team with his pass catching ability and underrated pass protection.

- What I find rather interesting......the bills also realize that with the hamstring issue (by the way....hammy's ARE devistating to RB's.....Lynch is missing time with it......the running back fro the Texans doesnt look the same.....but anyways) there is something in Shady's play that is telling the coaches they literally are not getting the player they traded for right now....and want to see that player

I ALSO want to see that player.....and while people nash their teach about his contract.....I realize that the bills HAD the cap and cash to make that trade......this is the new bills.....they are taking their shot at being great and not worrying so much about how much they spent. Certain fans like to B word like it is their money that is being spent.....its not. In my opinion until it actually COSTS us a player that we needed because we couldnt afford them then they need to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Im not going to make predictions on the player until I actually see that player able to play......we have not seen that yet with McCoy.

You wont see me doing that Bado....I pretty much stick to my guns on predictions of players

- I have not yet been able to see a healthy McCoy in a bills uniform in the regular season......the less then healthy McCoy has been able to find a whay to help this team with his pass catching ability and underrated pass protection.

- What I find rather interesting......the bills also realize that with the hamstring issue (by the way....hammy's ARE devistating to RB's.....Lynch is missing time with it......the running back fro the Texans doesnt look the same.....but anyways) there is something in Shady's play that is telling the coaches they literally are not getting the player they traded for right now....and want to see that player

I ALSO want to see that player.....and while people nash their teach about his contract.....I realize that the bills HAD the cap and cash to make that trade......this is the new bills.....they are taking their shot at being great and not worrying so much about how much they spent. Certain fans like to B word like it is their money that is being spent.....its not. In my opinion until it actually COSTS us a player that we needed because we couldnt afford them then they need to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Im not going to make predictions on the player until I actually see that player able to play......we have not seen that yet with McCoy.

He had like 800 touches the past two seasons.

If you watch NFL network and they are discussing an NFC east team they are almost guaranteed to show plays where McCoy is hopping sideways in the hole and being tackled for no gain.

Lot's of tape out there.

I notice how you haven't mentioned him being worth the contract.....but as you've told us time and again there was no trade without the contract so I guess that is just implied. Or am I putting words in your mouth there. B-)

I've said repeatedly he'll be worth the contract in the final analysis. I believe he makes the team better, and I've seen nothing to deter me from that line of thinking so far. But I didn't say the trade wouldn't have happened without the extension, I said McCoy never would have played a down (for any team) without an extension because he had very little guaranteed money left on his existing deal.

Regardless of who he was dealt to, he was getting an extension in line with a top RB. If the Eagles had cut him (and I don't think they would have, some other team would have traded for McCoy and extended him if the Bills hadn't) there's no way he's signing somewhere on the cheap.

He had like 800 touches the past two seasons.

If you watch NFL network and they are discussing an NFC east team they are almost guaranteed to show plays where McCoy is hopping sideways in the hole and being tackled for no gain.

Lot's of tape out there.

Jeez....I mean....with all those tackles for no gain you have to wonder how in the world he got all those rushing yards.....

or could it be....ALL running backs get tackled for no gain at times

I've said repeatedly he'll be worth the contract in the final analysis. I believe he makes the team better, and I've seen nothing to deter me from that line of thinking so far. But I didn't say the trade wouldn't have happened without the extension, I said McCoy never would have played a down (for any team) without an extension because he had very little guaranteed money left on his existing deal.

Regardless of who he was dealt to, he was getting an extension in line with a top RB. If the Eagles had cut him (and I don't think they would have, some other team would have traded for McCoy and extended him if the Bills hadn't) there's no way he's signing somewhere on the cheap.

That is something I dont understand either....why is it just ASSUMED that a player the caliber of McCoy is just gonna get cut.......and that a player wouldnt have given him his extension based on play style, past production, not being too old, etc etc

The assuming of people to fit their own agenda's amazes me