Top 5 teams in the AFC right now

PatsFanNH

I would rank the AFC currently:

1. Patsies ********

2. Cincy

3. Bills

4. KC

5. Denver

(Pitt woulda been 3rd but it's hard to put them in the top 5 w/o Ben...and yes Denver beat KC but I still think KC is the better overall team).

Edited by bobobonators

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the morons in the NFL front office who speak "anonymously" should be canned! the case isnt even having verbal arguments till JANUARY and thats if their case load ALLOWS for it lol.

The rest was pretty well thought out lol

Yea, I was just teasing the Patriots fan who started this thread :D

1. Patriots

2. Denver

3. Buffalo

4. Cincinnati

5. Pittsburgh

That is how I rank them through 3 weeks. Cincy may be 3-0 but their tests are coming - they play KC, Seattle and us in their next 3. Not beyond the realm of possibility that they are .500 through 6 games. If a team can find a way to shutdown AJ Green as teams have in the play-offs then this immediately looks a less impressive football team. Clearly Pittsburgh will fall back as well without Big Ben but Vick should keep them in the race for at least a wild card.

Cincy might have the best 52 man roster in the NFL. The only "flaw" they have is at QB but Dalton has shown he can get the ball to his playmakers. Cincy is no more "flawed" than Buffalo. I'm impressed with TT so far but I'm not ready to say the Bills are set at QB for the future. Things can go down hill quickly.

Just an FYI, QB points in fantasy football go - Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, and Tyrod Taylor as the top 3 most points for QB's...

Everyone is saying there is a huge gap between the Pats* and everyone else. If the Bills can play with their heads in the game like they did against the Phins then I think they can run with the Pats*. No problem.

You may be right but it's still unproven.

Many teams are addressing their ifs while the Pats keep proving they're the king of the mountain.

Denver D is as good and maybe better than ours.. They have studs everywhere. And Peyton is improving each week as they are adjusting the offense for him.

Cinci is a great regular season team. Dalton isn't that bad either.

I have the Bills 4th. KC will be in the mix too.

1. Pats. Clearly the best in the conference at this pt and they usually get much better as the season winds down.

2. Denver. Best defense in football but Manning is a choker so expect them to exit early come playoffs.

3. Cinci. Ton of talent but the HC is marginal and Dalton is a choker like Manning.

4. Pittsburgh. Presuming Ben comes back healthy, this is the only team in the AFC that has a shot of scoring enough pts to hang with the Pats.

5. Bills. The D is good enough to win come playoff time. How far they end up going depends on how Tyrod does as more film on him is digested by co-ordinators.

Edited by Pneumonic

It's totally hilarious to me how so many want to dismiss Manning at every turn. Literally nothing he does is ever going to be good enough for those who just love to hate him for some odd reason.

Last week, going into that Thursday night game in KC he had "no chance." He was old, slow, broken down, and wouldn't survive the first quarter in that ferocious stadium with KC's hard hitting defense. His career was supposed to end that night according to some.

Instead, he led his team on an 80 yard drive at the end of the game, against that defense, in that stadium, and tossed a perfect TD strike to tie the game. Then the defense sealed the deal.

YAWN. He's still done. Not enough yards or TDs. Let's see what he does in another road game! The Lions are desperate! He's done BTW! Plus Kansas City stinks anyway (all of a sudden).

So then he goes into Detroit, puts up 325 YDS and 2 TDs, including the dagger late in the game.

YAWN. He's still done. His throws were fluttery.

Even if the Broncos win the Super Bowl it will just be YAWN... it was all the defense!

It's truly incredible. Meanwhile, the greatest QB of all time won 3 Super Bowls when his kicker made field goals. But no, team wins are only bad when it's Manning's team.

Edited by TheFunPolice

OK you dragged out the homer in me.

Cheaters got to cheat and run up the score with a one sided passing game.

Bills with a very good D and a nice balance on offense.

Bungles, but based on the W/L record of who they beat Raiders 2-1, Chargers 1-2, Ravens 0-3.

Broncos are a shadow of themselves

Raiders 4 real ??? Cincy L , Browns W, Ravens W? nah.

notable mention

Steelers will miss Big Ben

Cincy might have the best 52 man roster in the NFL. The only "flaw" they have is at QB but Dalton has shown he can get the ball to his playmakers. Cincy is no more "flawed" than Buffalo. I'm impressed with TT so far but I'm not ready to say the Bills are set at QB for the future. Things can go down hill quickly.

So basically you are saying you'd take Dalton over Taylor? Go ahead. I'll trust my eyes and go with Tyrod. The Bills are twice the team Cincinnati is right now.

It's totally hilarious to me how so many want to dismiss Manning at every turn. Literally nothing he does is ever going to be good enough for those who just love to hate him for some odd reason.

Last week, going into that Thursday night game in KC he had "no chance." He was old, slow, broken down, and wouldn't survive the first quarter in that ferocious stadium with KC's hard hitting defense. His career was supposed to end that night according to some.

Instead, he led his team on an 80 yard drive at the end of the game, against that defense, in that stadium, and tossed a perfect TD strike to tie the game. Then the defense sealed the deal.

YAWN. He's still done. Not enough yards or TDs. Let's see what he does in another road game! The Lions are desperate! He's done BTW! Plus Kansas City stinks anyway (all of a sudden).

So then he goes into Detroit, puts up 325 YDS and 2 TDs, including the dagger late in the game.

Even if the Broncos win the Super Bowl it will just be YAWN... it was all the defense!

It's truly incredible. Meanwhile, the greatest QB of all time won 3 Super Bowls when his kicker made field goals. But no, team wins are only bad when it's Manning's team.

All of the Manning criticism deals with his crap play in the playoffs and not in the regular season.

The Bungles are the team they need to be concerned with.

The way things are going the AFCN isn't making the wildcard

the Bungles next 2 - KC and Seattle before visiting Buffalo.

Not looking that way, but there are still 13 more games to be played.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Im a Manning fan. IMO the best QB of my "era" that spans back to about '85

With that said, I don't think he lasts the season. It isn't sustainable with that line and that running game. He is taking serious shots right now that Brady, Rogers, etc don't seem to be subjected to... and shots he hasn't really have had on the regular through his career.

The problem is that the cheats* are in a class unto themselves. They undressed Buffalo and made them look stupid (the Bills also hurt themselves with this). Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Bills are markedly improved but top 5? They need to win consistently to be in this group. No doubt they have the talent to be considered but I prefer to take it one week at a time. On to the Giants 3-1 is far better than 2-2.

I agree here. We need to win a few more games before I'm sold on us being a top AFC team. We got crushed by NE ( but I feel that most teams will get crushed by NE). We also beat suspect Indy and Miami teams. I need to see us pull off some wins against good defenses before I'm ready to guarantee playoffs. The Jets D will be a good test for us. I'd also like to see us shut down Eli and co.